1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Avatar: The Last Airbender Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Andreman, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Andreman

Andreman Chieftain

I glad to introduce my Avatar: The Last Airbender mod. Current version (0.1) is about aesthetics, original gameplay of BTS was not changed. At time of writing this I haven’t plans to continue work on mod, so now it has Paused status. However maybe in future I will continue it (I don’t really know). I did this mod just because I wanted to :) and now I want to share it with you, for not let my work into oblivion. Hope it is what you looking for!

Mod created in English and in Russian. Multiplayer tested.

Features:

* 9 Civilizations of Avatar World
    * and appropriate anthems for them
    * In-game Avatar themed music
    * Changed menu and interface color
    * Changed terrain design
    * Huge map of Avatar world

Screenshots:

Spoiler :

Download (0.1v):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a7v9q8eqlxj2dzx/Civ4_AvatarMod_v_0.1.zip/file

Mod created for BTS 3.19, so it need to be placed into [Civilization 4 Installation directory]\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Credits:

* tipsycakes from DeviantArt for Main Menu art
    * Jeremy Zuckerman and Benjamin Wynn for music from AtLA
    * Isaias Garcia for some avatar inspired music tracks
    * NamesAreUseless for original Avatar map
    * tsentom1 and creators of Thomas War mod just as Fall From Heaven team for terrain textures
    * avatar.fandom.com users for larger part of civilizations and leaders civilopedia information
    * Kael and forum for modding tutorials, thanks
    * Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko for creating awesome world

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  2. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Pictures don't appear.

3. Andreman

Andreman Chieftain

Fixed. Thanks for reply!

Zeta Nexus likes this.
  4. Rosie the Riveter

Rosie the Riveter Chieftain

For me, all of the names and descriptions in the mod were messed up, so I tried changing the language. This screwed everything up for the entire application so there is no text at all in the entire menu (all blank but i can still click on buttons). I can't change the language back to english unfortunately. I guess I will have to uninstall and re-install unless you have any ideas on how to fix this.

5. Andreman

Andreman Chieftain

Messed up? How it looked like? I once had the same issue (missed interface text). You should change language in options file (one directory up to SAVES directory, CivilizationIV.ini , 115 row

6. Rosie the Riveter

Ok I will try that. Thanks! (I attached the image of what the menu looks like rn)

Attached Files:

7. Rosie the Riveter

I changed it back to English. Here is the same problem I was having yesterday. All of the modded text appears like this. Any idea how to fix this on my end?

Attached Files:

8. Andreman

Andreman Chieftain

Root of the problem is that i did my mod within civilization with russian localization. Original Civ IV not using Unicode, therefore this localization used code CP-1251 to show cyrillic letters. For sure you use another codepage (1252) by OS, by default. I think it will work if you change system region or language to russian (automatic switch to cp1251?.. or manual change?...). Also, in russian localization russian language is first in language list - in international version English in first. So, you may try to use second language in list

https://serverfault.com/questions/8...ine-the-codepage-and-locale-of-the-current-os
    (answer from mklement)

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7432545/change-codepage-in-cmd-permanently
    (answer from Kuroi Mizu)

My powershell shows this (first image)
    How to change cp to 1251 (second image), region and time settings, then top right corner, top right corner...
    After previous step, result in powershell (third image), cp changed.
    However it may not help, i didn't get same problem in game

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  9. Rosie the Riveter

I switched to second language in the list and it worked. I guess because Russian was first language in XML files my computer was trying to represent the characters with English characters. Thanks for the help.
    This mod is amazing - couldn't be happier.

Andreman likes this.
  10. Andreman

Andreman Chieftain

Using second language in list (which lang is it?) - all text in English or in other language except text of mod?
    Thanks for comment!

11. Rosie the Riveter

I switched the English and Russian definitions in the XML files manually so that English was first and Russian second.

12. Andreman

Andreman Chieftain

Manually? Wow. Doesn't it a lot of work?