• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

The untested multiplayer fix seems to have made it worse, while it does correct the OOS sometimes which is great it seems to cause more OOS errors then before which we found unplayable.

Good thing I don't have torrent!

I played the 2.91 last night as Henry VIII, Ind/Sci in a world with one big continent. Grabbing wonders early can definitely make you extremely powerful.

I've installed the 2.92 game and haven't been able to get to start even turn one while starting a new game. I've gotten two CtD and one Python Error (attached file) that crashed the game. I tried the Perfect World map, Perfect World 2 map, and the Terra map.

Attachments

• RoMError.jpg
    RoMError.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 111
Apparently there were supposed to be fixes made to the newest versions multiplayer, but when I tried to play hotseat, the game crashed, it was really weird, for example I instantly founded Naghulism and Zorastriansim, and the game was really glitchy. Could someone please help fix up the multiplayer, because the last version's hotseat worked just fine.

Hi again! I downloaded the 2.92 version and played hot-seat with my friend: I didn't get a single crash, and we played 4 hours! So, the multiplayer fixes work for me... Thanks!

Teo265

That is very strange indeed?? Can you tell me what settings you were playing with, as in what map and everything? Were you playing a scenario or a custom game?

hello. has anyone seen a bug where a mod feature stops working (usually RevDCM)? example: sometimes, my siege weapons (not catapults) or naval units lose the ability to use Ranged Bombard; the button is just not there. when this happens, i have to disable it in the Options screen, and then return to options and re-enable it. and it probably happens with other features as well (i've never seen my siege weapons use the Attacker Support , for example). so.....anyone experienced anything like this?

That is very strange indeed?? Can you tell me what settings you were playing with, as in what map and everything? Were you playing a scenario or a custom game?

Well... We played custom game, with our own settings... And the map was RoM_Earth2 which usually crashed the game before (not in 2.92) in about 20 mins...
But as i said, all the problems are gone now in 2.92, atleast for me... :D

Teo265

hello. has anyone seen a bug where a mod feature stops working (usually RevDCM)? example: sometimes, my siege weapons (not catapults) or naval units lose the ability to use Ranged Bombard; the button is just not there. when this happens, i have to disable it in the Options screen, and then return to options and re-enable it. and it probably happens with other features as well (i've never seen my siege weapons use the Attacker Support , for example). so.....anyone experienced anything like this?
RevDCM team is aware of the issue and it will be fixed for the next release.

Edit: Keep get bug reports coming. I do read them all even if I don't have time to reply to them. For new bugs I usually don't even have an answer right away until I've tested the situation in-game myself and figured out what was the cause for the bug - this takes time but I'll try to post more often the changelogs from current progress so you could see what's been fixed/modified for the next version.

Maybe I am alone here - but I find Rise of Mankind, as it is now, simply tedious. The game gets so long and boring that all fun is lost. I truely regret this, as I found older, simpler, less over-moded releases of ROM really great. But then again, I still can install one of the older packages.

Thanks to the ROM developers for the good work in the past.

I found older, simpler

Either one of two things here...

Either you haven't tried my Expansion, which attempts to reduce micro-management and still improve gameplay

Or you have, in which case, RoM may not be the mod for you.

Check BUG options page Advanced Scoreboard, hover your mouse over the options there to see more info. Check RoM Concepts -> Advanced Scoreboard in Sevopedia for more detailed information.

MAybe I"m missing something, but when I click the ladybug or hit ctrl-alt-O, my window doesn't have a advanced scoreboard tab.

homersheineken: have you noticed the little arrows on the top right corner of the options screen?

shouldn't there be a update from 2.91 --> 2.92 so you shoundn't download the hole thing over again to update?

I think there's an error in CIV4UnitInfos.xml. For all the Corp executive units, the lines:
<PrereqBuilding>BUILDING_CORPORATION_4</PrereqBuilding>
should be removed.

homersheineken: have you noticed the little arrows on the top right corner of the options screen?

I have and have gone all the way to the right (there's maybe 5-6 more tabs). Which one should it be?

Also, When the game loads, I do get quite a few errors (couldn't load/create xxxx.ini).

Top Bottom