• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

oh, that might be it, i don't get those errors. this is the tab:

Wow, someone is a moron and not paying attention. I don't wanna name names though :mischief: :D

Thx!!

Although I still don't like the fact I get a bunch of errors upon start up about not being able to create xxxxx.ini files.

Although I still don't like the fact I get a bunch of errors upon start up about not being able to create xxxxx.ini files.

Looks very much like simular problems I had, especially that xxx.ini misery :crazyeye:, and were so easily solved by a tip Afforess gave me:
Viator, run the game as administrator, that should fix your problem. ;)

Hope it helps you too! :)

Hello, not quite sure where to post this however, RoM seems to crash on my computer when i click "single player" on the start menu, it also takes forever to load, any suggestions?

Hello, not quite sure where to post this however, RoM seems to crash on my computer when i click "single player" on the start menu, it also takes forever to load, any suggestions?

RoM can be very slow to load, sometimes I can troll a few pages of CiVFanatics between starting RoM and the BTS splash turns up, which gives me a few more pages before the main menu appears. :( It does not happen that way always just enough for me to sometimes forget that I have started it. Defragmenting my hard disk did not help.

Have you managed to get into RoM at all? Which version of RoM are you using and do you have any of the mods for RoM installed? I ask because some people are not using the latest for various valid reasons and knowing may help us figure out the problem.

Hi Guys,

I didn´t play Civ for about a year, but I have a searious bug while playing RoM2. I think, i got it before but fixed it somewho, but cant remember it.
In the diplomatic-windows I can´t see or click any text.

Does someone remember how to fix it?

Thank you.

Not quite sure, but it was the full 900 or so MB version complete with the extra civs, i'll try to download the latest version without anything extra for now and see how it goes

Edit: It's version 2.8 sorry:p So i'm going to get the most up to date version of RoM, will the version 2.8 civ pack add on work with 2.91?

2.92 is the latest version and, no, I doubt it.

The torrent download doesn't work for me and I cant be bothered with using rapidshare. So I guess there's no way for me to get 2,92 unless someone could send me the torrent tracker.

I have an nooby installation question. I unzipped the contents of the zip folder into my mods folder, but when I load the mod, it just crashes Civ. Any help?

I was playing a hotseat game, 2 players, RoM Earth 2, No revolutions and every single time the game would crash, starting with the picture shown below, and they would have the same problem for all the Leader Heads, and then when the game started it was really weird, I founded 2 religions straight on the start of the game (an obvious error). Can someone pleaese tell me what I'm doing wrong, because the game works fine on single player, I really don't know why its so buggy for Hotseat; also I tried different maps, but to the same avail, the same thing just continued to happen. :sad:

Edit: I was wondering if maybe its an installation error? I unzipped 2.92 to my Mods folder, but do I need 2.9 and 2.91 to run it properly?

Attachments

• RoM Error.jpg
    RoM Error.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 110
A have a suggestion.

I playerd overlord mod and some great people can provides resourses. I liked so much.

I like play between 12 - 23 civilization standart/huge maps. It's boring see a few civs with resourses and a lot of others without. Sometimes is so easy conquer when AI dont have iron or oil. Its so many civs to few recurses.

Would be nice if great people could give iron, sulphur, horses. The game could be more balanced.

I get a lot of CTDs early game when Revolutions are kicking in. Later, after I get civics that pretty much eliminate Revs, the CTDs stop.

I have an nooby installation question. I unzipped the contents of the zip folder into my mods folder, but when I load the mod, it just crashes Civ. Any help?

Not really enough information for me to answer your question. Have you had a look at the Rise of Mankind FAQ? It may help.

I was playing a hotseat game, 2 players, RoM Earth 2, No revolutions and every single time the game would crash, starting with the picture shown below, and they would have the same problem for all the Leader Heads, and then when the game started it was really weird, I founded 2 religions straight on the start of the game (an obvious error). Can someone pleaese tell me what I'm doing wrong, because the game works fine on single player, I really don't know why its so buggy for Hotseat; also I tried different maps, but to the same avail, the same thing just continued to happen. :sad:

Edit: I was wondering if maybe its an installation error? I unzipped 2.92 to my Mods folder, but do I need 2.9 and 2.91 to run it properly?

At first glance, it looks like there was something wrong or corrupt in the download. Hence the XML error. You may need to download the whole thing again. You only need version 2.92.

The double religion founding is a known problem if you use limited religions or choose religions or both. I believe one or both is the default option. Go to the BUG options and turn them off. A fix is being worked on.

Ok! So I decided to reinstall the entire mod, this is what I did:

1. I deleted the ENTIRE RoM folder from my Mods folder
2. I tried to install the RoM again through the torrent file, but it needs uTorrent, and I only have Vuze, and for some reason it does nothing whenever I click on it, so I found an alternate installer from rapidshare
3. I install all 3 parts (it came in 3 separate parts)
4. I unzip them and put them together -- BUT, as they are unzipping I get this error sign (shown in picture), but I continue, this error sign pops up for all 3 of them, when I am unzipping
5. I place the RoM folder inside my Mods folder, and startup the game.
6. The game begins to load, but then several error messages pop up, and before I know it, the game crashes (CTD)

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the HECK is going on! I have always loved RoM because it gave so much in one mod, and it was easy to install, now it seems that all its files have gone against it, and it keeps corrupting itself, this is very un-RoM, since the installation process has always been easy to use, ever since v.2.92 started up though, I have had problems.

So can someone please tell me how to fix this, I think it might have to do with the installer, if someone could please tell me how to install the file in one go (in a torrent, I have Vuze) I think I will avoid most of the trouble.

Thank You:)

Top Bottom