[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Hi there gods of civ :)

A question.. Is it normal that there is no row of leadernames ingame at the right corner beneath? U know.. u click them and u go to diplomacy. U can check ur pts there too. Just wanted to know.

Cause I dont have m :)

Bye!

Hi mr Kalimakhus :)

Here is the information u requested.

This is the install sequence of all components:

Download Rise of Mankind 2.2
(Main mod zip file 115.92 MB)

Download Rise of Mankind 2.2: RevolutionDCM+BUG
(Main mod with Kalimakhus' RevolutionDCM addon v1.0 included)

Addon Patch RevolutionDCM+BUG v1.1
(Updates Revolution to 1.62, includes also Flanking attack and Inquisitor unit fixes,
apply this patch only to Rise of Mankind 2.2: RevolutionDCM+BUG)

Download Extra Civ addon pack v1.1 (331.43 MB).

RoM2.2ExtraCivPack-Patch

Addons, modifications and modules by Cuteunit

Wonder and building changes

Changes effects of
Pyramids
Marco Polo Embassy
Port and Commercial Port
Two modular buildings
River Authority - adds +1 food and +1 coin to River tiles
Villa - Adapted out of the Civ4 plug and play forum and modified to fit into ROM

Rise of Mankind 2.12 Map pack

Download Rise of Mankind map pack
Works with RoM 2.2 and BtS v3.17 only if you install Lt. Bob's 40 Civ v5.0 DLL file to BtS or directly to RoM (folder '..\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets').

Attached Files RoM2.2MultiplayerFix.zip (926 Bytes, 80 views)
RiseOfMankind2.2FlankingFix.zip (42.3 KB, 66 views)

A screenshot is attached. Its a shot of a multiplayer game :)

Yes I know, its in the start of the game. But the right side stays like that all game long.

Thnx in advance!

@alireza1354

This is too much information :). I however will ask you for only one more thing. Just turn on the display of python exceptions. Go to My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword and open the file CivilizationIV.ini in notepad. Look up a line that says HidePythonExceptions = 1 and change 1 into 0. Reload the game. You should receive an error message. Take a screen shot of this message and post it here.

BTW, you haven't replace the DLL in Rise of Mankind\assets with the one for 40 civs, did you? I mean it should have caused more severe problems than just a missing scoreboard.

@alireza1354

This is too much information :). I however will ask you for only one more thing. Just turn on the display of python exceptions. Go to My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword and open the file CivilizationIV.ini in notepad. Look up a line that says HidePythonExceptions = 1 and change 1 into 0. Reload the game. You should receive an error message. Take a screen shot of this message and post it here.

BTW, you haven't replace the DLL in Rise of Mankind\assets with the one for 40 civs, did you? I mean it should have caused more severe problems than just a missing scoreboard.

I did replace the DLL. How can I play 40 civs with this scenario then?

Ok I deleted the whole mod and going to reinstall it now and edit the file you mentioned and see what error message I will get.

This time, I will not add the 40civ mod into it and hope u can explain to me how I can do this without causing trouble.

Hmmm I dont understand how..But I reinstalled it again and this time without the 40civDLL but I still can play with 40civs :)

Well.. The errormessage about the scorelist was shown. I will upload a screenshot of it.

Thanks Kalimakus :)

Attachments

• error2.rar
    154.6 KB · Views: 69
Hmmm I dont understand how..But I reinstalled it again and this time without the 40civDLL but I still can play with 40civs :)

Well.. The errormessage about the scorelist was shown. I will upload a screenshot of it.

Thanks Kalimakus :)

Thanks a lot for catching this. It is actually an issue with the version of BUG I merged. It was fixed in a recent revision. I wouldn't notice it myself as I never play MP games. Attached is a fixed CvMainInterface.py. Extract the archive into Rise of Mankind\assets\python\screens.

@Everybody

The file includes some other tweaks. I was going to wait for releasing it with the next patch. However as this MP issues is a major one I guess it is time to release this file.

Hi
I have installed previous version of this mod (2.11) (only because I have few unfinished games under 3.13 version of BtS) and I have this problem: Every flag is white (except of civilizations added in this mod) can be seen in attached screenshot. I've checked the game without this mod and flags look normally.
Another problem is with dyes and tobacco - nobody wants to buy or exchange it - is it intended? Pearl seems to have similar problem - they look as they are more valuable in late game.

higher resolution version

Hello all,

Just a few thoughts regarding Health Change, Tobacco gives -1 health not for growing or being harvested but due to smoking, smoking by people buying tobacco, so why does a grocer suffer from a second health reduction due to the same tobacco ? The same goes for Rubber, a rubber factory gives -1 health for processing rubber I guess, so why does it suffer from an extra health penalty just for having Rubber?

Some buildings like factories get health penalties twice, once for being a factory that uses Coal Oil or Diesel for fueling it's machines, and twice for having access to these fuels.

Just a thought

Thanks.

Need help with a real problem, loading time is very long.

Loading a saved game from within the game, new game, only one city, havn't met other civs yet, takes 2:15 minutes, out of which more then 2 minutes it reads "setup map", it's almost as long as loading from desktop.

I play giant map size & 8 civs, more civs and it's impossible to play.
Is the map size the reason ?

For comparison, playing Amra's mod with smartmap on huge, which generates almost the same map size as giant with this mod, saving and loading was a breeze.

Now maybe I'm mistaken and selecting giant map size results in a much larger map then I think, is there something to be done about loading time?

I'm using the 3GB switch, without it I get Memory Allocation Error almost with every game load.

I like to save and restore a lot, it's impractical now, any advice or should I think of a massive hardware upgrade which is impossible right now.

the easy solution is to play large instead of giant, or at the very least huge, I had MAFs with huge size just like eveyone who doesnt have a great computer.. ;)

Is it possible to choose a max. amount of civilization you play with on a huge map? I really think 25 civs are too much.

Bleh.

I've been playing this game just fine, but I've never gotten farther than the Industrial age usually. Just today I decided to start in Industrial/Modern ages, and the game does nothing but crash. It'll play a few turns, then crash. This only happens in these ages, and I haven't had a game where it hasn't happened.

I reload the autosave, and it plays fine for a few more turns, then crashes. I'm using the REVDCM+BUG+patch1.1 and such version. I have no idea what could be causing this, as it seems almost random. Edit: Also using Advanced Start each time, on a standard sized map with no more than 7-8 players.

From my experience "memory allocation failure" caused by a too large map
can be easily solved by adding the /3GB switch to boot.ini on windows XP PRO.

For those of you not familiar with the subject:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=225205&highlight=memory+allocation

It fixed the problem for me, but huge load time is as painful as MAF but has no cure.

I would love to hear from people who solved the load time, if at all.

Thanks

Anyone been able to build the Apollo programme?

I'm playing a Time victory but I don't seem to be able to build Apollo even though i have Spaceflight and Satellites techs

Anyone else getting this?

I haven't reached that yet but when I do I'll have a look at it. Are you sure you're not trying to construct it in a city with already 2 National Wonders?

Top Bottom