[BTS] Soviet Union

Gurra09

Emperor
A Soviet Union civ that replaces Russia and adds a new leader, a new UU and a new trait.

Download!

Description: Soviet Union
Short Description: USSR
Adjective: Soviet

Starting Technologies: Hunting, Mining

Leaders:
Lenin (Chm/Sec)
Favorite Civic: State Property
Favorite Religion: None

Stalin (Agg/Sec)
Favorite Civic: State Property
Favorite Religion: None

Unique Building:
Research Institute (Laboratory)
Cost: 250 :hammers:
Unhealthy: +1 :yuck:
Requires Superconductors
+25% :science:
+50% Spaceship Productioon
Can turn 1 Citizen into Scientist
+2 Free Scientist
Requires Observatory

Unique Unit:
T-26 (Tank)
Strength: 28 :strength:
Movement: 2 :move:
Cost: 135 :hammers:
Requires Industrialism and Rifling
Requires Oil
Doesn't Receive Defensive Bonuses
Starts with Blitz

New Trait:
Secretive (Sec)
+2 :espionage:/City
25% Faster Production of Spy
Double Production Speed of Intelligence Agency, Security Bureau

Credits:
Refar and Dutchking for the Lenin leaderhead.
asioasioasio for the T-26 unit.

Screenshots can be found at the download page.

Nice Civ, I love the lenin LH! I have a request, Do you think you could make a version that doesn't replace russia, but adds a whole new civ to gameplay? It would be much appriciated. :) Anyways, Great Civ!

Nice Civ, I love the lenin LH! I have a request, Do you think you could make a version that doesn't replace russia, but adds a whole new civ to gameplay? It would be much appriciated. :) Anyways, Great Civ!

That sounds like a good idea, I will just have to make a new unique building for either Soviet or Russia.

It would be great if you couldmake USSR inside russian civilization, so if you choose Lennin or Stalin you would be playing Soviets without the possibility to be together on the map with Russia. But I doubt it can be made. It would really ruin the expierince if Russia would collide with Soviets.

That sounds like a good idea, I will just have to make a new unique building for either Soviet or Russia.

Ok, cool, can't wait. Just be sure to keep the old version also, and remember to delete stalin from regular russia or you might have STALIN VS. STALIN :crazyeye:

I would make the UB The Grand Kremlin Palace, which would replace the palace, but whatever. Heres some info on it if you like the idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Kremlin_Palace

And heres a picture:

Spoiler :

Again, Thanks and I hope some of this might help! :)

I would also like the option of Russia and USSR as two seperate Civs, USSR could be re-named Dzhugashvili or Joseph Stalin to avoid Stalin v Stalin confusion! I also agree with Huayna Capac357 about the collective, though maybe it could add unhappiness...

I like the idea but... T26 not T34? Why don't you choose the soviet for the UB (courthouse) Each city can be a soviet state.

I don't realy thing that the secretive trait fits them.
I prefer the standard system for stalin where he was defencive and industrius.
Simply becouse the greatest deads of his life were:
1. Defended the USSR from Hitler
2. Masively modernised the nation

Stalin especialy was notorius for not trusting his spies and being generaly the worst posible person for the secretive trait. And Lenin would fit much better with Fin/Agr.
I think that trait would fit some later leader like Nikita Hruschow much better.

Also for the UU a T-34 would fit much better. After all, it is one of the most mass produced soviet products ever, exceded only by the AK-47.

Secretive works for Stalin because of his secret police, same for Lenin.
Protective is... eh. He -did- defend the USSR from Germany, but he also killed more of his people than the Nazis did. Agg would be a better choice.

Better than Agg, however, I'd suggest Org/Sec due to his federal reform, and the fact that the civics that best represent him are also pretty pricey.

Secretive works for Stalin because of his secret police, same for Lenin.
Protective is... eh. He -did- defend the USSR from Germany, but he also killed more of his people than the Nazis did. Agg would be a better choice.

This was more of a national thing than a leader thing. The USSR always had a good internal intelligence system. The Cheka and the KGB operated right untill it's fall.
It would work much better as a sutable UB prehaps a more effective security buro that provides :).

In the end, everything Stalin did was esentialy owershadowed by the fact that he turned the USSR into a supperpower and defeated what was at the time the strongest war machine in europe. In 39, he would have had no chance to beat Hitler but in 45 he could have easily taken the US and by 50-something he already had a A-Bomb.
Esentialy he was a great defender and builder.

The Secretive trait is more a type of a "national trait".

I'm going to add Gorbachev as a third leader of this civ but I can't find out which trait he should have except Secretive.

Top Bottom