BTS style civilization colors

Cosmic_Fist

Chieftain
Hi,

I made my first mod! Its very basic. All it does is change the colors of the civilizations to the colors used in Civ 4 BTS. I was getting confused by not having the civs in the colors I was used to when playing Civ 5...

You can download the mod in-game under user interface -> other.

EDIT - Here are screenshots:

America:
Spoiler :

Arabia:
Spoiler :

Aztec:
Spoiler :

China:
Spoiler :

Egypt:
Spoiler :

England:
Spoiler :

France:
Spoiler :

Germany:
Spoiler :

Greece:
Spoiler :

India:
Spoiler :

Iroquois:
Spoiler :

Japan:
Spoiler :

Ottoman:
Spoiler :

Persia:
Spoiler :

Rome:
Spoiler :

Russia:
Spoiler :

Siam:
Spoiler :

Songhai:
Spoiler :

I found the vanilla colors to be wierd, how china is green, sooo many civs are white, and persia is red and so forth.

I like pictures :p

It's hard to find/see all of the different civilizations easy.

It does take a long while to create games for screenshotting each one, especially with mods enabled, since you gotta click through that annoying "Oh mods can be dangerous!" warning each time. Then gotta upload them to imageshack, etc. Quite a lot of work! :)

Great job, I like this! It's a superb way to be able to tell more easily at a glance who's what when familiar with the Civ IV system.

Great work on the mod, you've done a great job. However, and this doesn't reflect on the mod or anything, but I prefer the ciV colours myself, but that opinion might change soon enough...

Yeah, I have to agree. It's ciV all the way for me now, so I guess I better get used to the colors. At least I had fun figuring out how to make a simple mod :)

Thank you for the screenshots!

Any way you could tell us how you did this? Where do you start?

How can I change the City-State's colours to be, Whire/Colour instead of Black/Colour?

Nice to have this here. I wanted a recoloring as well due to the stupid white civilizations Civilization 5 is so fond of.

Do you know if this works in multiplayer?

EDIT: Actually I noticed China and Rome are very similar. I found out where the colors are changed (in XML), so it'd be no big feat to change them manually.

Where are the colours changed in XML? How do I do it?
I don't have the XMLs right here, but I recall a certain XML named "Civ5Colors.xml", which contained values like "PLAYERCOLOR_AMERICA_ICON" and "PLAYERCOLOR_AMERICA_BACKGROUND". Those had color values for RGB and Alpha (not sure what that is), each ranging from 0 to 1.

Those PLAYER_COLOR_<civilization>_ICON/BACKGROUND values are used in Civ5Playercolors.xml under PLAYERCOLOR_<civilization>, unless I'm mistaken. Anyhow, it's quite easy to determine once you get looking for those things.

Oh, and the Civ5Colors.xml should be in the Interface folder.

Top Bottom