[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

hey Tom, I have a problem! All mods that requiere 3.17, cant show unit and other graphic in civilopedia at my 3.13 version. Your mod is 3.13 compaitable and this problem is gone. But, still I have the some problem from 3.17 - when I start a game, I can't see order buttons, minimap, no other interface needs, only a map with units and terrain. I can move them, give them orders by hot keys, but most of the nesseccary actions are unavailable

Hi Zerver, this is the missing interface problem that some people in both 3.13 and 3.17 experience. There's some troubleshooting in post 1 about this - see if the one or two suggestions work, but the best bet would be to enable python exceptions and load up the game and post what error comes up. That's the quickest way I can fix that for you.

Also make sure you don't have the game set to start with alt-I pressed, which removes the interface

Had this pop-up, whats this about?

Crap did I forget to fix that when I uploaded? It's fixed in my personal copy and in the patch I'm releasing.

Anyway in CvRandomEvenInterface:

Code:
######## BROTHEL ###########

def canTriggerBrothel(argsList):
	kTriggeredData = argsList[0]
	player = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)

stateReligion = player.getStateReligion()

That should be the top of that code. You must just be missing the

player = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)

line

What is BTS and where do I get it ?

Yours sincerely:nuke:

iPanter
By BTS, I mean the "Beyond the Sword" expansion pack, more infos here!

Note that if you have BTS, you also have to upgrade it to the most current 3.17 version, see here.

Cheers, LT.

Okay, I'm going to release a patch in the next day or two two fix all the bugs that have been found so far.

I will also be adding some of the python wonders I released since I released this mod as a few people sent me PMs asking me to merge them for them. I figure it's always easier to disable wonders already in the game then merge them later (if you don't want a wonder or anything to be able to be built you just have to go into the buildinginfo xml file and change the cost to -1)

Great job on the mod, love the new great people and civics.

What I'd like to see more than new leaders or civilizations worked into your mod, is two new sets of civic choices under Education and Healthcare.

Thanks for the awesome mod!

RoM has the two extra civic categories. I on several occasions thought about adding more civic categories, in one version even had an additional category named Social, but then realized that any new civic category creates an imbalance. Adding more civics to existing categories is fine because each civic is a trade off with existing civics since you can't have both bonses at once. A whole separate category, though, gives a whole extra benefit at one time (which in my opinion is not balanced out due to a small upkeep cost). RoM doesn't necessarily have this problem as he greatly changed the other civics and the tech-tree whereas I left them for the most part the same. It's something I keep in mind, though. One way to potentially do it is to give that whole category non-traditional bonuses, but giving it stuff like extra health and happy is the same problem as adding 20 new resources. All of a sudden you have that many sources of happiness or health and it not only lessons the value of those parts of the game but any other civic, resource, building that gave that bonus. This then creates a chain-reaction. Since health or happy is less valuable then any trait or UB that gave that as a bonus is now less valuable. Thus you then have to balance out the traits and UBs again. Having one or two additional sources is fine. I actually decreased the health and happy you can get later in the game to balance some things out.

Currently, I feel its more beneficial and easier (in terms of keeping balance and gameplay) to add more to existing categories.

The patch shouldn't affect the scenario.

All the bug changes have to do with python so should be unaffected.

I didn't change any of the leaders or civs. It's simply the bug fixes and adding like 4 wonders. JEELEN's scenarios remained the same and worked between 2.8 and 3.0 and this has way way less changes. Its mostly just bug fixes to deal with python.

Thanks for supporting the mod! :D

I would suggest possibly adding some additional leaders to existing civs as well. Updating Dom Pedro to Ekmek's version and adding in some of his Austrian leaderheads would be a nice start.

Adding new leaders would mean for me to make a new trait as I wouldn't want leaders to repeat traits. Also I program most of the leaderheadinfos from scratch. Not repeating traits and trying to make unique leaderheadinfos is a major difference between Thomas' War and other mods. It's more work than it seems. Big stuff like that is going to be for the next version. I don't want to file size of the patch to get too big.

This is going to be a patch, not a version/mod update, and is mostly just to fix the bugs pointed out to me and some balance changes pointed out to me. I'm only adding 2-3 wonders because I have them already programed here and in fact they were half programed into the mod already (in most cases just commented out because I couldn't get the code to work at the time of release). 2 of them already have their graphics packed into the mod's files.

As for Ekmek's Dom Pedro. I've left that out on purpose. Parts of the model really bug me, which I why I never used it. Ekmek makes amazing leaderheads (which is why like 80-90% of the custom leaderheads I use are his) but that one I think could use a little more polish - no offense to Ekmek

That makes sense. I've done some trait assignment brainstorming before, and I completely understand the amount of work that takes (even more since you actually bother to program it afterward).

Oh good, means I can do two things before another major revamp - scenario improvement, and getting the scenario material in my head saved on disk.

Yeah, sorry if I gave some people the wrong impression. This isn't a big mod revamp or change. That's not for a long way off as I'm too busy to start programing the next version.

This is more to fix balance changes and bugs and some activating of wonder code I wrote in but just had commented out because I couldn't get it to work before.

Your Mod is great one of if not the best created for CIV4, but... two things. First why Polish civ has change emblem? Our national emblem is WHITE Eagle on RED field and in yours is Gold Eagle on Violet field WHY? And Why units speaks GERMAN (Scouts on begining of game)???? What happen with Jan III Sobieski ? Polish civ mod avaiable in net has correct settings why you change it?

Second I have problem with game I am in year 1896 (Epic, Holy Empire) and I am "waiting for other civilizations" a little too long (half hour)

Thanks for answer

Sebastian

Attachments

• Sebastian AD-1895.CivBeyondSwordSave
    530.5 KB · Views: 71
Other people have had a similar problem. I'm looking into it. Thanks for the save that will help a lot.

The sound is simply because I didn't get a chance to program in new selection audio. I didn't change any settings as I didn't use the mod on the net. I made mine XML wise so it would fit balance wise into my mod. Sound files aren't modular anyway and it would have caused a lot of work to edit my existing sound files (due to other reasons) so for the time being I just used a sound system already in place

Adding the sounds and new leaders are stuff that will be implemented in future versions.

As for the flag it was a simply a matter of having tons of civs using red already and Poland being one of the later civs I added. The flag I use is actual a Firaxis One included in Warlords. I am aware not the right color. I decided to go with it's color scheme until I could correct it in a future version.

Anyone else have problems with the game turn not ending in the 1800's? This is two people at the moment. I've played and passed the 1800's so it's not a universal thing.

I'm going to compare the two saves see if I can find anything. If anyone else experienced this a save will help (even better a save the turn before it happened then the earliest auto before that).

Thanks, hopefully this will be fixed for my patch

Atteched is my first game with your great Mod. I got "waiting for other civilizations" and I have never seen the end of this turn. Thomas' War 2.85. Your mod is wonderful, but please solve this bug :cry:

Perhaps this thead can help you, i don't know, i hope:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=232292

(yes i Know, it's an old civ bug, but sometimes it occured changing the tech path and how the ai worked with it)

sorry for my English if there are errors

Attachments

• Demerzel AD-1833.CivBeyondSwordSave
    801.7 KB · Views: 62
Top Bottom