[Bug] Hex yield icons incorrect

I have error like this one regular. In any game types. Patch 1.0.0.17 and 1.0.0.20. It appear near middle of game.This look like a cycling offset.
P.S.:AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+\3.3Gb RAM\ATI Saphire3870 512Mb\WinXP SP3

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 219
  • Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 231
I notice this problem sometimes as well. It seems to me this only happens when I am reloading a game. If I start a new game and just play, I don't think I have ever had bad tile yield displays. It's only if I reload the game there is a chance they will be off by one hex. (some yields shifted down one hex row, either left or right) It's still just a chance though. Sometimes I will load and they are fine. This can't be a problem with video drivers. (I have the latest by the way) After all these are only 2D displays, nothing 3D where drivers would be needed.

I loaded photophor's save file, but couldn't reproduce the situation. See attached thumbnail. The displayed output matches that as shown on the mouseover. Odd.

Attachments

• Academy Output.JPG
    Academy Output.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 187
I loaded photophor's save file, but couldn't reproduce the situation. See attached thumbnail. The displayed output matches that as shown on the mouseover. Odd.

I tried to reload it from the uploaded file here to see what I got this time. As soon as I exited the splash screen I got this C++ Library error message.

Attachments

• C++ Lib Error.JPG
    C++ Lib Error.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 169
I downloaded the save file again and it opened without an error. The runtime error has been reported multiple times in the Tech Support forum. I didn't see a solution. Perhaps it will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

However, when I loaded the save this morning, I now get the same incorrect tile information as reported by others. See attached thumbnail. This is some sort of intermittent bug. I'll move this thread to the confirmed bugs forum.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

Attachments

• Academy Output2.JPG
    Academy Output2.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 174
Partway through my game, the tile yields all shifted one tile to the southeast. The tooltips still give the correct yields, but the graphic layer is screwed up.

The problem persists over save-and-reload cycles, but doesn't appear in new games.

I've attached my save game and a screenshot. Is this reproducible by others using this save game?

Moderator Action: Threads merged. The_J

Attachments

• a16.Civ5Save
    673.7 KB · Views: 147
  • tile yield problem.jpg
    tile yield problem.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 185
I've experienced a similar bug in a game before. However, there didn't appear to be any uniform shifting of tile yields as others are showing (unless it was greater than a one tile shift that I can't see)--the tile info was just completely wrong.

I have noticed that going into a golden age will fix the problem for the rest of your gaming session, but it will reappear the next time you load. Anyone else see this behavior?

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 160
I can confirm this bug in a MP game I am playing and the person I am playing with sees it, too, on the same tiles, wrong in the same way. It does appear to be related to "shifting" as others have noted. When the yield icons are wrong, there is usually (always?) a neighboring tile which they would be right for.

I am going to try to reproduce in SP and post a save game.

This thread needed bumping anyway-- this particular bug is very aggravating for a micro manager like myself.

Patched to 1.0.1.141

My capital is on the coast, with a seaport.
I always have the yield icons on and noticed some strange behaviour.

Sometimes my developed fish hex yields three food, two hammers and three coins and sometimes, i.e next turn, it yields one food and one coin, like the rest of the sea hexes.
When I place the mouse over the fish hex the tool-tip always shows 3/2/3, but opening up the city it's clear that if the map yield shows 1/1, then that's all I get.

Weird.

Oh, and when I say the rest of the sea hexes yield 1/1, not strictly true. I also have a sea hex yielding three hammers and only ever three hammers. No resource there, just a plain sea tile. No food, no coins, just hammers.

Anyone else experienced this?

I'm sorry guys, I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I looked for an hour and could not find this problem on any bug list.

This is not the "some tile yields are missing" bug. This is the graphic showing tile yield is showing incorrect amounts. When I mouse over the tile the correct amount shows in the window.

I can figure out the tile yields using mouse over, but that's very inconvenient.

Is this a known bug, or is it just me? If it's known, are they even talking about a fix?

Thanks.

That's it. I remember that yields were shifted one tile to the South East.

So what happens next? The other threads on this issue were combined and moved to the "confirmed bug forum". That's great, but the last post was November 5, 2010.

After five months is it safe to say this is not on their fix list. A confirmed bug, but no mention on the to do list?

Also I have tried to reload the game and that doesn't seem to help. Does anyone have some way to quick fix this until it gets fixed right?

Thanks

A save from before it happened would be the first step, so the events that produce it could be isolated. Do you have the autosaves?

If I turn off view tile yield, save, then restore. That seems to reset and correct the problem.

It's a pain, but since this issue is not on the fix list radar, I will go with it.

Thanks for the input. :)

This has been in there since the game came out - 7+ months ago and it is still there!

Posting another screen shot I just took and a save gave. Version 1.0.1.275.

Edit: I have also confirmed number51's workaround works: turn off the yield icons, save and restore and the yield icons are correct. The cycle time to do this makes we want to just shut the computer off and go to bed.

Attachments

• yield_bug_20110521.jpg
    yield_bug_20110521.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Washington_0367 AD-1947.zip
    573.9 KB · Views: 140
I have noticed some display issues post patch.

Specifically the resources displayed on the map end up not being correct in the late game for some tiles. It will be a desert with a TP on it and have 3 food 1 production. The mouse-over still gives the correct amount, but the graphical display does not.

I also had a time where I was at -10 happiness, bought a theater and my happiness did not change. It did switch the next turn, but that seems odd.

Top Bottom