Discussion in 'Civ4 - World War II 1939 Mod' started by asioasioasio, Mar 5, 2007.
Will the mod work on Warlords 2.00?
Noret, no. It is Warlords 2.08 compatible, and I've heard it works with 2.13 on some machines but not all.
i downloaded the mod but whenever i go to install it nothing happens.
what you mean?
where did you installed it?
the mod is ;pading but it looks like orginal warlords?
i download it but when i run the installer all i get is that dos screen for a second then nothing.
I had to post here because I want a really great WWII mod made but am not a modder.
I know people may already have mentioned this. But the setup for the 1939 scenario is bad. The main problem is the league of Nations. Going to war with belguim shouldn't equal going to war with the balkans or with turkey.
Hungary, Bulgaria, and romainia all joined the nazis willingly (more or less) and were allies of the germans. They were not conquered by the germans and greece/yugoslavia were invaded by bulgaria. YOu should list these as 'other axis powers'. And the low contries, denmark, and norway were invaded but sweeden and switzerland stayed neutral as did spain, turkey. You should represent this somehow. THe 'True Neutals' should not be the same as the other 'neutral' powers that were drawn into the conflict. In paticular turkey should be separate becuase they were close to joining the war but didn't.
Finland also joined germany against russia, and Spain in paticular was friendly with germany. If hitler had tried a little harder, he might have gotten spain to join the war on his side. Make this a possibility.
ALSO the germans had weak tanks (YES WEAK TANKS) and a weak army in 1939. Their success in poland, norway, and most of all france was due to brillant tactics alone (with a little luck). Yes, by 1943 they had the most powerful tanks and weapons out there. But their 1939 arsenal was pathetic. PLEASE read up on the hardware; in paticular panzer I & II (which made up most of their tank force in 1939) vs. the latter Panzer III's and IV's.
Has the game crashing on opening video problem ever been fixed? I downloaded the game today and I really want to try it but I keep getting this problem. I installed the game on two different computers just to make sure it wasnt my one comp (both comps use NVIDIA tho) I have tried deleting the movie and have tried turning movies off but both still result in a crash. However when I tried turning movies off I could hear the civ specific music begin to play...
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really want to try this mod!
Many thanks for this mod!
When i study technology with ME 262 in any cases my game crush.
If it possible please help me
Sorry, but no
It happens in each game or only in this particul one?
I am sure it happens in every game.
I tried to start from 1939 and on the same technology crush from the game
After finished research technology with ME 262 immediately crush from the game
I'll take a look on the code of Jet Fighters, but i don't promisse anything since i have warlords updated to the newest version :/ and i can't check the mod.
Ok if it possible, please look code
I insert from Worldbuilder ME 262 and crush again immediately
i load the mod, choose my leader and start the game but warlords shuts down when the loading bar has completed and the screen goes to black.
is there a compatability patch for the lates version of warlords?
No there isn't. (You are using 2.13 i presume?) It will only work with 2.08.
Actually, Turkey joined the Allies in 1945. Spain made such demands for entering the war on the Axis side that it was clear Franco wanted to stay neutral.
Otherwise you're quite right.
Game crashes when trying to start a scenario. Using 64 bit Vista, Warlords 2.13 and Blue Marble.
The mod is currently for Warlords 2.08, but the work on mod for BTS is going to end soon, and new version will be released
Reinstalled the game and patched it to 2.08 just to test this mod. I found alot of good things, bad things, and bugs.
I liked the mod, but it's far from complete.
- promo Air Range II requires Air Range II - impossible to get
- promo mortar seems to be avalible for both infantry and artillery, but requires Infanry Combat I - Impossible to get for artillery units.
- M10 allways shoot downwards when using ranged combat, even if the target is located in the north.
- Asking friends to declare war equre diffrent "pay" depending on the target. This seems naturally, but not in one case. This doesen't takes into ac**** vassals. If a nation refuses to declare war on a nation, ask him to declare war on his vassal with one city, and there will be no problem.
- Great persons or engineer brigades can't be transported in transport planes, but whole infantry divissions can.
- Ambulance can't get important promos, like the logistic promo, as it requres the Land Transport Combat I promo that is not avalible for it.
- Culture - nthing for a WW2-game. Concuered the whole italia, but lost half of the cities in twenty turns to my friends the neutral. The others became useless as they were all surrounded by neutral land. The only thing they could do was to employ as many artists as possible, and build culture or cultureproducing buildings, only to survive.
- Too big diffrence between the normal and better naval units. For subs, this is real. The "Walther-design" and "Albacore hull" made real diffrences shortly after the war. But for the others, this is maby too much.
- The yakees starts too weak.
- The neutral are too strong and too unified.
- If there would be constant war in this mod, the war wearriness would be too high as it is now.
- To change between peace and war ten times a year isn't realisstic. There should be allmost permenent war or peace. Check the orginal civ4 desert war mod for this. There it worked well.
- No allied. It should be possible to create alliances, but I didn't found that poissibillity when I searched for it.
- Axis changed to west after they had concuered france main cities. Then they continued to attack, and I got penalty for being at war with religous brothers. Not realistic.
- Hawker Hurricane better than Supermarine Spitfire. It was the opposite. At least I've read that in all the history books I've read, and that's allot.
- Settlers in WW2? Well, building supply depots in the desert and so on seems realistic. But completly new cities with 5.000.000 citesens?
- Tankhunters like the M10, jagdpanther, and so on are not vulnerable to tankfire, no matter if you attacks or are being attacked. And they're not vulnerable to infantry antitank fire either.
- Underpowered infantry. There's verry little use of these here.
- General-type promos too strong. Tank Combat, Artillery Combat, and maby some more are too strong. There's little use for the other promo's before you've run out of these. Or maby I'm wrong, are this meant to be like this?
- Mine's promo's should be deffensive ones.
- Minefields to easy to remove, both by workers and bombarment.
- Subs quite ineffective against any type of ships. And when attacking a fleet, it's the battleships that deffends. Destroyers and subs should be stronger than carriers and battleships against subs. I allso discovered that trying to attack an alone transport with an inexperienced sub lead to that the sub was sunk, by an anlone transport! Transports should be very weak, especially against subs. Or they should not even have any combat strength at all. How strong destroyers should be aganist subs, I don't know. Maby 120% or something?
- If there's artillery in range, it should be able to support in a deffensive battle.
- When I placed subs outside enem ports, I sometimes found that they had moved. I guess it's because an enemy unit had passed. But instead of movin away, it should be combat instead. After all, subs are an offensive weapon.
- I know this is a civ4-problem. But here's too much resourses. Not the types, but the ammounts of them. Oil is found everywere, but only one is needed for a whole nation. And if you don't have it anyway, build a synthetic-oil-national wonder, and supply your friend too. That's not realistic. The same is for other resourses.
- Bofors and SAM is the only AA-units avalible for many nations. The later one implemented only in the late game. Is there any way making any AA-guns usable in the mid-game?
- Forced workers for all. This unit I think should be avalible only when having the Forced Labour Civ.
- If my enemy builds FN-HQ, why would I follow their demands of free market? This is nothing for a WW2-game.
- Tank divissions can be airlifted. No need to keep the oceans in friendly hands.
- Gyrocompass promo. This is a sub-promo, that have litle use on most ships. Make another promo for surface-vessels instead.
- Non-uppgradeable mechanical units are realistic. That's good. Huge costs for uppgrading infantry. That's allso good. As uppgrading here are made in short time, it's not possible to use the orginal civ4 idea that "instead of buying new equipment, buy new modern" doesen't work here. A unit trained two months ago are new, and getting new weapons aren't a part of the usual maintenance and should cost alot.
- Better developement of the promos than in the orginal civ4. Some strong promos not avalible in the early game. Thats good. Makes older veterans of an obsolete type of warfare can't do much here.
- Air units gets promos in Warlords expansion
- MP-promo is great. But should be avalible as first promo. And how is the effect if placing four MP's in a city? is there 100% or 25% then? The Millitary police should allso get this promo from the beginning.
- Minefields works. Good to se this implemented in some way, even if it's not perfect. When will we see the first naval mines that not works as units, but still damages or sinks smaller vessels?
- The aditional upkeep for some modern units are really good. But capital ships are still too cheap, both to build and to supply.
- Naval units and artillery can really use bombarment.
- Finaly a mod where infantry can be transported by other means than in helicopters and naval transports. However, here's a bad thing too. These should not be able to use enemy (rail-)roads, as this makes it possible to invade Moscov starting from verry far away in one turn, using infantry only.
Many of your ideas found home in alpha version of mod for bts wich should be done soon
cool, i wait a loooong time for the update
Separate names with a comma.