1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Report

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Plug and Play Project' started by purplexus, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Aeven

Aeven EU Citizen

I do not know what would cause that Ivan IV error, because in my game it works correctly. Could you post a screenshot?

2. alibaba

alibaba Chieftain

3. Aeven

Aeven EU Citizen

Very strange. What did you set your graphics to? And what kind of graphics card do you have?

4. alibaba

alibaba Chieftain

standard graphics , nvidia 6600

5. ambrox62

ambrox62 Emperor

1) Good point, but I can't do anything because I'm not an art designer. Aranor made original Isabell dds reskin, so he or another else artist could solve such bug.
    Otherwise you should remove Dido from downloadable modular LHs

2) I made the button, but what exactly means "has that annoying square of bad alpha channel"? dds button has no alpha channel at all :confused:

6. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

A general bug:
    Creating a modular TechInfos file results in very weird results. Techs switch requirements and form crazy Tech loops (Polytheism requiring Laser and Advanced Flight for example)

7. Kiefmaster99

Kiefmaster99 Chieftain

The Canada Mod's RCMP unit has the same tech prerequisites as the cuirassier even though it is a cavalry unit. It has Gunpowder as a prerequisite instead of Rifling.

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

Same problem with the promotions file :(

9. Impaler[WrG]

Impaler[WrG] Civ4:Col UI programmer

NN: Techs that are modular need to have pre-requisites that are either in the 'base' assets (what ever is found on TechInfo.xml under the XML folder) or a prerequisite on the same xml file. For example a line of techs A -> B -> C could all be on the same file and form one module but trying to make module A, module B, module C would be impossible due to dangling references. I suspect that garbage data is erroneously being kept as the pre-requisite after the KEY is not found.

Same behavior applies to Promotions and Projects and Unit Upgrade paths, basically any ware that a file type needs to reference elements of its own type.

10. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

I only have one TechInfos modular file (which adds techs to the end of the tree). :S I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

11. purplexus

purplexus Prince

NikNaks93.. I think What Impaler is refering to is better put in similar wording.

Does your technology have any prerequisites? If so, you have to include those on your new module as well. For instance. If you were to have a tech that fit between Polytheism and Monotheism.. Then you would have to include those to techs in your module. Just copy and paste them into your mod.

I hope i read that correctly Impaler... if not I'll apologize later.. but give it a shot.

12. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

That sounds like it might work. I'll try that.

13. purplexus

purplexus Prince

Lemme know if it works.

Lots of How To: Documentation needs to be created, As we learn how to use this better.

14. dkehler

dkehler Chieftain

I'm having the same problem. Solutions?

15. purplexus

purplexus Prince

OOPS this was a test I was playing with.. sorry about this.

Sent wrong copy. Will repair immediately

16. dkehler

dkehler Chieftain

Are you talking about the problem with the Canada Mod and if so, please let us know when the fixed file is available for download.

17. MatzeHH

MatzeHH Warlord

Hi!

Those instructions don't help.
    I have only one TechInfo file, which is identical to the file in the Next War scenario. It redefines the whole tech tree and adds some new techs. All prerequisites are in this file.
    If I put it into the modules folder the tree is mixed up and if I put it into Assets\XML\Technologies everything is ok.

Matze

18. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

I feared that'd be the case. I hadn't had a chance to try it. Do you think you can fix it, Impaler? Or is it a lost cause :sad:

19. purplexus

purplexus Prince

Repaired now

20. dkehler

dkehler Chieftain

I'm getting a file not found error when I try to download it.