Bug Reporting

CRASH!
I am running this on a Vista machine (I have also now tried it on my XP system which errors out at the same time). I'm playing the B.O.S., and whenever I meet the EOTC (Robots) at the end of the round my game crashes... which of course is very upsetting since I quite into it now... I have downloaded the one patch off of the Gunny site and have been playing using it.
Gives Error signature of:
AppName: cive3conquests.exe AppVer 1.32.0.0 ModName: cive3conquests.exe
ModVer: 1.21.0.0 Offset: 0021ae3d
accompanied with it is an Error Report that list like 66 Modules that are all .dll files
Any help?!
Thanks

CRASH!
I am running this on a Vista machine (I have also now tried it on my XP system which errors out at the same time). I'm playing the B.O.S., and whenever I meet the EOTC (Robots) at the end of the round my game crashes... which of course is very upsetting since I quite into it now... I have downloaded the one patch off of the Gunny site and have been playing using it.
Gives Error signature of:
AppName: cive3conquests.exe AppVer 1.32.0.0 ModName: cive3conquests.exe
ModVer: 1.21.0.0 Offset: 0021ae3d
accompanied with it is an Error Report that list like 66 Modules that are all .dll files
Any help?!
Thanks

I wish I could help, but I have no idea if it is a vista compatibility issue or not. But it sure sounds like it if it is giving DLL errors. :(

:nuke: Cheers, Þórgrímr :nuke:

On my new Vista machine I use the compatibility setting (right click on the C3C icon on your desktop or start menu, click properties). On the compatibility tab you should choose "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2". Click "apply" and it should be ok. If this doesn't work, you might want to consider reinstalling C3C.

No it crashes at the same time when I play this on an XP machine with a new install of C3C... so...
Just found something out when I put all my production to producing wealth in all my cities when I meet them it dose not seem to have a problem... but this kinda sucks because I loose all the built up in progress stuff.

But I appreciate your input though

Ah, thát bug... I think that one was taken care of in the next version of the download. Thor will know the answer to that... ;)

hey i got a problem the down load is fine yeah bet wen ever i open the file up it always says file may be lost or is corrupt so i haven't even played the game and this is really annoying cus it looks great

hey i got a problem the down load is fine yeah bet wen ever i open the file up it always says file may be lost or is corrupt so i haven't even played the game and this is really annoying cus it looks great

Have you tried to re-download the mod? Sometimes a file can get corrupted and then the file can't be unzipped.

ive tried it several times now i cant work it wats the chance you can send the link here it might work

Strangely, I had some problems downloading the mod before. But here's how I've done it:

1º Use Go!Zilla to download!.

2º Don't download with Firefox, the server must be a microsoft one :lol: Don't know about Opera, through. Use the bad IE. I hate that old trash.

3º I don't know about the other download managers, but some tend to have corruption in downloads for no reason.

GetRight works fine with Firefox. I have it set up so that I have to manually C&P the link into it, which seems to get around the problem of some sites not working with it.

I still wonder why Thor don't want to Torrent it... Torrent is the best form of downloading since... since... well, since ever.

I still wonder why Thor don't want to Torrent it... Torrent is the best form of downloading since... since... well, since ever.

Because torrent is a virus highway and I will not use it. Also I now have a link to get a free copy of GetRight. And it has been tested and has no problems DLing either the Fallout, War of the Worlds or the TBX-R mods. So no need for the nasty torrent. ;) :D

@godrick, I have added a link for GetRight and it has no problems DLing the mod. That should cure your ills. :D

Because torrent is a virus highway and I will not use it. Also I now have a link to get a free copy of GetRight. And it has been tested and has no problems DLing either the Fallout, War of the Worlds or the TBX-R mods. So no need for the nasty torrent. ;) :D

@godrick, I have added a link for GetRight and it has no problems DLing the mod. That should cure your ills. :D

Virus highway? Not here, at least.

Virus highway? Not here, at least.

Not that you know of. ;) Before I lost the use of my leg my profession was an IT tech. I used to work for Big Blue and other companies and my nickname was the 'bughunter'. The reason for that is I was the best they had at tracking down Virii, malware, spyware and all the other various sundry nastiness on the net. And I hate to tell you, but too many @$$hole kiddie hackers love to insert crap like that into Torrent, Ka Zaa and other pirate supporting DL's.

Besides, Torrent is the thieves way of getting something for free that they should have paid for. I will NOT support a format that opens the door for net nastiness and thieves. So now you have my reasons, and they are not negotiable. :)

Not that you know of. ;) Before I lost the use of my leg my profession was an IT tech. I used to work for Big Blue and other companies and my nickname was the 'bughunter'. The reason for that is I was the best they had at tracking down Virii, malware, spyware and all the other various sundry nastiness on the net. And I hate to tell you, but too many @$$hole kiddie hackers love to insert crap like that into Torrent, Ka Zaa and other pirate supporting DL's.

Besides, Torrent is the thieves way of getting something for free that they should have paid for. I will NOT support a format that opens the door for net nastiness and thieves. So now you have my reasons, and they are not negotiable. :)

Ouch, sorry about the leg!
Yeah... dang kiddie hackers. I once read a book of my brother about hackers and stuff. Wannabe hackers are the scourge of internet, indeed. "H3Y I L33T J00, L33T HAxX0Z ME HACK U FAG L00K AT ME I'M A HACKERZOR!"
REAL HACKERS don't need to insert virus in P2p to prove themselves, they don't.

Okay Thor, just found some stuff here you may want to know:

Mutant Melee kill radscorpion. What came outta it? A Scout Bot. Yes, a Scout Bot. Eslave resulted in a SCOUT BOT!!

Also, Mutant with firearms have't enslave enabled, but the Mutant MG can eslave, but instead of getting a Mutie slave, you get a worker. Mistakes or all intentional?

Also, all workers can build railroads. I remember reading that they were not supposed to do that, right? Did you just forgot to check the railroad option out of all workers or changed your opinion?

Okay Thor, just found some stuff here you may want to know:

Mutant Melee kill radscorpion. What came outta it? A Scout Bot. Yes, a Scout Bot. Eslave resulted in a SCOUT BOT!!

Also, Mutant with firearms have't enslave enabled, but the Mutant MG can eslave, but instead of getting a Mutie slave, you get a worker. Mistakes or all intentional?

Also, all workers can build railroads. I remember reading that they were not supposed to do that, right? Did you just forgot to check the railroad option out of all workers or changed your opinion?

Damn, Removing the Hummer caused more damned problems than I thought it would. Crap!!!!:mad:

Ok, folks, call off the testing till I can go through the BIQ again. All of these errors were caused by removing one freaking unit from the editor! :mad:

Thanks for the report dude. I will eradicate this new crop of bugs ASAP. :sad:

Damn, Removing the Hummer caused more damned problems than I thought it would. Crap!!!!:mad:

Ok, folks, call off the testing till I can go through the BIQ again. All of these errors were caused by removing one freaking unit from the editor! :mad:

Thanks for the report dude. I will eradicate this new crop of bugs ASAP. :sad:

Just curious: ALL mutant units should have the hability to enslave or only melee ones?

And for some reason, I love hummers. In a Fallout Fanfic with the guys of VBR, I even began a adventure through the wastelands with a hummer. I'll miss the Hummer, but at least we have the Highwayman.

Top Bottom