Bug Reporting

@Phungus

I'll be happy to do the testing for you, but it won't be until Saturday, k? (Big romantic evening tonight. :D )

-LM

Big romantic evening tonight. :D

Sorry, love. I can't make it tonight! :( Raincheck? :lol:

@phungus420 - As davidallen has found, I think the problem is with WoC and not BUG's INI files. However, verification of this issue on Vista would be a Good Thing(tm), so thank you Lemon Merchant! :goodjob:

@phungus420 - As davidallen has found, I think the problem is with WoC and not BUG's INI files. However, verification of this issue on Vista would be a Good Thing(tm), so thank you Lemon Merchant! :goodjob:
While this is true for Dune Wars, I'm nearly certain it will not effect LoR. I have intentionally un WoCed everything and unlike Dune Wars users no one reports CtDs when not launching as an admin for LoR. They just get a bunch of ini failure messages, and the interface doesn't work. I'm very hopeful that the user settings in My Documents works, as I can then just fix this with the installer.

(Big romantic evening tonight. :D )
Yeah, as EF says you should just blow them off and do something more fun tonight, like debug someone elses mod :deal:

I've made the colors optional in the WONDERS tab list, and when enabled only the player and city names use the player's color. The names of the wonders and dates when they were built are always drawn in white.

The first time you open the BUG Options screen, the setting to show the ALT + CTRL + O shortcut reminder message is disabled. From then on you can control its visibility as usual in the System tab.

Sorry, love. I can't make it tonight! :( Raincheck? :lol:
:lol::lol: Live yer dream... :p
Yeah, as EF says you should just blow them off and do something more fun tonight, like debug someone elses mod :deal:
If you think that I'm going to blow off someone who reminds a lot of people of this person...

Spoiler :

You are crazier than I am. :lol:

I already get too much grief from her for spending too much time with Shaka and Sury, can you imagine what I would get if I blew her off for a guy named Phungus? :lol::lol::p

@Lemon Merchant

I want to try a workaround, that I can later resolve with the install script for Vista users. Unfortunately I have no way to test this myself, my computer refuses to recognize "read only". I have tried to make LoR and the mods directory itself read only, and windows says it is; but I can still modify files inside of it; also I tried creating a new limited user account and I could still modify files even when marked as read only as a guest. So I can't test it.

If you're willing, please try this for me.
1)Download and install LoR
2)Cut the User Settings and Autolog folder out of the mod
3)Create a new folder inside My Documents/.../Beyond the Sword (not BtS/mods, just BtS, where BtS's main ini file is), name this folder LoR
4)Paste the User Settings and Autolog folders inside this My Documents LoR folder
5)Launch with the LoR icon NOT as an admin.

I want to see if this resolves the ini creation bug for Vista users who do not launch LoR as an admin. If this does, I can scratch this annoying issue off my list. I'll have to do some complex stuff with the install script, but I can deal with that later, first I want to know if this work around works at all. Your help would be much appreciated.
Hi Phungus! :)

I did as you instructed, and it works just great on Windows 7. I played about 50 turns with no issues. Would you like me to try Vista as well? Or is Win 7 good enough?

Thanks Lemon. If you could try vista that would be nice too, then I'd know for sure. If that works too then I'll need to figure out how to program some new functions in my installer to fix this. This will be very nice to fix, it's currently the main thing that bothers me about LoR, well the second main thing (MP being broken bugs me more, but I can't fix that at all, that's all on the RevDCM guys).

And it works on Vista, too! I am so fabulous. :mischief:

:lol:

Hi,

Several times I ran into an OOS error (immediately, not after end turn), when selecting huge stacks (>50 units) with the alt-key. Sadly this is not reproducible after reloading the auto save, but it happens several times during a multi player session.
This never never happened, when I use ctrl-shift repeatedly, so I can circumvent the bug, bit it's frustrating when I forget it, press alt, and have to reload again.

I have only Better AI files and BUG mod installed, and because Better AI shouldn't interfere with the GUI, it might be a problem of BUG mod?!

Several times I ran into an OOS error (immediately, not after end turn), when selecting huge stacks (>50 units) with the alt-key. Sadly this is not reproducible after reloading the auto save, but it happens several times during a multi player session.

The Plot List Enhancements mod may do some funny trickery with moving units around when you use ALT to select all units. You could disable PLE on the Unit Icons tab of the BUG Options screen (ALT + CTRL + O) and see if that solves the issue. I'll take a look to see if I can figure out what's happening.

Be forewarned, OOS errors are the toughest to diagnose.

The Plot List Enhancements mod may do some funny trickery with moving units around when you use ALT to select all units. You could disable PLE on the Unit Icons tab of the BUG Options screen (ALT + CTRL + O) and see if that solves the issue. I'll take a look to see if I can figure out what's happening.

Be forewarned, OOS errors are the toughest to diagnose.

Ok, thanks!
I'll try today to spam some alt-cklicks after disabling PLE.

Just saw, that 4.1 is released (still use 4.0), did you change something in PLE for 4.1?

Just saw, that 4.1 is released (still use 4.0), did you change something in PLE for 4.1?

I don't think so. I haven't touched PLE in a long while, but I know that Ruff did some recoding of PLE/non-PLE code a while back. Check the changelog. :)

And it works on Vista, too! I am so fabulous. :mischief:

:lol:

Thanks Lemon, You are fabulous. I feel like I should reward you with a great image macro, but sadly am not well versed in the ways of the internets. Just imagine a picture of hamster giving you a thumbs up and telling you you're fabulous with a wink here:

:goodjob:

You're welcome Phungus, but the best reward would be your continued work on a fantastic mod. A little birdie told me you were entertaining thoughts of giving it up. :(

Is there a list of know BUG bugs anywhere? (Assuming there are any.)

Using BUG 4.2, I started on a landmass with only one AI (Pacal II). The turn after I eliminated him, I got an alert that read "has no worst enemy". That's right, there was no name. I assume it intended "Pacal II has no worst enemy".

This is on a Mac, if it matters.

I'm currently playing a very aggressive game with Alexander so I can test this behavior. I am 1 city away from destroying Gilgamesh as I write this. If you can, however, supply a saved game the turn before you destroy an AI that would be very helpful.

Sorry, I don't have an autosave from that turn.

In BAT 2.1 the Washington LH has pink eyelids. Assuming there's a texture or texture reference missing somewhere.

EDIT: Solved it. The attached file needs to be put in BAT Mod 2.1/Assets/Art/Shared. It wasn't in IG_v2.0.7.FPK.

Attachments

• eyeshadow.dds.zip
    428 bytes · Views: 66
In BAT 2.1 the Washington LH has pink eyelids. Assuming there's a texture or texture reference missing somewhere.

EDIT: Solved it. The attached file needs to be put in BAT Mod 2.1/Assets/Art/Shared. It wasn't in IG_v2.0.7.FPK.

Ah, nice. I was looking for that fix. Thank you! In the VD thread, I got no answer on this. I am still finishing a BAT 2.0 game, so could anybody confirm that in BAT 2.1 the granary (e.g. when playing as greeks) is fixed? It is a red blop in my build screeen/Sevopedia.

Top Bottom