Bug Reporting

@Navarre and TwoShedsJackson - Can you post a save please? It seems that VD 8.0 has some missing art, but a save will help Alerum confirm it for Avain to fix.
Add me to that list, too. I tossed the save, but I suspect it will happen again, so I'll post one when it does.

Another thing, has anybody noticed economy trouble with the new BAT? I get five to seven cities, and I'm forced to run the sliders at zero and I'm still hemorrhaging money. I have cottages everywhere, too. It doesn't seem to matter how many cottages and gold mines I have, I can't generate any commerce. I fall behind and get plastered before I can even get to CoL. With a Fin leader, I can keep the sliders at 10 - 20%, which is low for me. I haven't changed my level, or style of play, just BAT. I'll rummage up a save, if I haven't deleted the last one.

EDIT: The only thing different for me is that I did a merge with the actual Varietas 8.0 for the modern era stuff (which works, btw.)

@Navarre and TwoShedsJackson - Can you post a save please? It seems that VD 8.0 has some missing art, but a save will help Alerum confirm it for Avain to fix.

I forgot to keep a save, sorry, although I can list the civs that were in the save when it crashed if that would help him narrow down where the missing art may be - I was Chinese and the AI civs were Arabian, Germany, Sumeria, Holy Roman Empire, Egypt and France, the year was about 1820ish and everything had been fine up to then so it is probably some unit from around the riflemen/infantry/cannons/grenadier era.

If Navarre has a save and has one of those civs in there it could narrow it down some.

Here you go.

I was India, and had Sumeria, Germany and the Vikings around, Babylon was dead and I didn't met the others yet. So Sumeria and Germany are in both TwoShedsJackson's and mine games.

I was barely in the Medieval era, so I don't think the problem is related with Renaissance's units. We didn't have macemen yet.

Attachments

• Gandhi 0560 ap. J.C.CivBeyondSwordSave
    320.4 KB · Views: 75
Please read my thread about BAT Graphics. We can address the missing artwork, but CTDs will need to be address to the VD thread, as Avian is the one who does VD, and we just merge in his work.

LM - About money issues... I don't understand how BAT would affect money. Nothing with gameplay has been altered, and BAT only has 2 python files, but small and just meant to label BAT properly, and to allow it to pull up the help file. Could you give some more info about the money issues you're having, and maybe post a save if you have one?

BAT includes BULL with my Fractional Trade Routes enabled, but the only effect this can have is a few extra :commerce:. It cannot reduce your money. So there must be something else involved. Are you sure you didn't expand too quickly? I know I'm not expanding fast enough if my :science: rate is over 20% in the early game, but 0% does cause concern unless you're taking cities to stave off strike.

Crashing to Desktop with BAT 2.1 (1260AD) single player no renaming of units by me standard settings, standard install. No problem with previous BAT 2.0. Patch 3.19 installed

Save attached

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1260.CivBeyondSwordSave
    260.6 KB · Views: 45
Couple of odd things to report (BAT 2.1), though I don't know if they qualify as bugs:

1) Washingtons pink eyelids - is it a bug or is he just wearing make-up?

2) I had a galleon sunk by a Privateer; in the game screen it was reported as sunk by 'an American Privateer'. Is this normal for a 'hidden nationality' unit?

I've also had the game crash to desktop a couple of times on loading (Windows XP).

BTS 3.19, BUG 4.1 installed with installer.

The wonders built screen. Initially I got to see the wonders built, then reloading the game the next day, I get nothing. The national wonders appear as expected. Any idea why this is happening?

Also tried BUG 4.2 but ended with no interface at all. Any clues as to why this might be happening (I did remove BUG4.1 before installing 4.2).

Thanks.

Make sure you've completely removed the old BUG before installing the new one. Did you use the uninstaller or do it manually? Can you post the info asked for on the Troubleshooting page here?

The exposure of the nationality of Privateers is a bug in 3.19 that is fixed in the unofficial patch, but BULL is lagging a bit behind the UP.

BAT includes BULL with my Fractional Trade Routes enabled, but the only effect this can have is a few extra :commerce:. It cannot reduce your money. So there must be something else involved. Are you sure you didn't expand too quickly? I know I'm not expanding fast enough if my :science: rate is over 20% in the early game, but 0% does cause concern unless you're taking cities to stave off strike.
Hmmm. I'm not really expanding any more than I normally do. I have a somewhat methodical style of play and I try to maintain a balance of expansion if possible. I just finished a game with Willem with slightly better economic results. Now I'm going to start a game without BAT and compare. Then I'll upload a number of saves with some comments, if I still have the problem. There isn't any sense bothering folks if it's all in my tiny little mind, right? ;)

LM, you just suck at the game, that's not a bug.:p

*runs away very fast*
:trouble:

@LM - upload the save and I can compare your game under BAT and under vanilla BtS ... assuming you haven't checked 'locked modified assets'.

Right-o, Ruff. I'll upload it tonight after work. :)

I've tried getting directip to work in bug and bat to no avail. Is this normal or something on my end? the clients can't connect. It's only when we use directip though.

What methods have worked with which mods? Have you used direct IP with other mods?

Try starting a MP game using one of the mods that come with BTS to validate that mods are working. Alerum and I were able to play using both BUG and BULL through the lobby which ends up creating a direct IP game AFAIK.

Top Bottom