Bug Reporting

Ops... :blush: That's what you get for rushing things... But at least I could help in another way. Thanks for getting from where I stopped, ruff! :goodjob:
And the solution is what you said. I get a message saying: Debug: Mod Reminder initialization (or something like that) right on game start. Maybe it could be done when someone actually hits the reminder button OR any reminder is loaded. I know ruff initializes the Unit Naming when a unit is first created....

I have reinstalled everything after the unsuccessful megrer, so its a clean, patched installation running with BUG Mod only. Lock Modified assets if OFF, i just tried it with ON, and it crashed badly (no freeze, but I couldnt get out of the game, had to restart). So no mods, no lock modified assets.

Also I checked a moment ago: the disapearance of the ini file has nothing t do with opening or not the options dialog. If I start the game, but don't play, I mean just exit, the ini is still there. But if I try to play the game, even if I do nothing, press nothing, etc. just exit, the ini is gone.

Not exactly a bug, but I don't want to start a new thread because of this silly question ...

When I install BUG to my CustomAssets folder, it runs well.

However, I already have a combo of mods (all of them compatible with each other and with BUG) in the mod folder of my BtS install directory: F:\Games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\MyCollection - and I'd like to add BUG to this combo.

But when I copy the BUG files to the folder mentioned above, and then start a game, I can't live the BUG options screen. I can call it with Ctrl-Alt-O, but clicking on Exit in this screen has no effect.

How can I make BUG work in this directory? Or is this a bad choice anyway (if so, why?)?

Start a new game (anyone).
hit ESC to see if regenerate appears.
Exit to Main Menu
Change the python files (I was updating to revision # and then exporting to customassets)
Repeat.

When exactly are python files (and xml) loaded? I thought all is loaded when civ is started, as eg. loading a mod forces game restart.

I haven't caught up on the thread yet -- only got Ruff's PM regarding the issue -- and have to step out for a few hours. I should be home around 2 or 3, but I'm leaving again around 4 for the rest of the day. If someone wants to take a stab at it, it should just be a matter of not initializing the sdToolkit until the game is first saved or loaded (when reminders need to be read/written). If not, I'll fix it easily tomorrow if I can't hit it today.

I've committed the fix for the Regen bug. The problem was that the game does an autosave as soon as the game starts. I changed it so that the reminder queue is saved only if it's not empty. Please sync up and test it out. I started a game and was able to regen, but I didn't test that reminders are still saved and loaded yet.

When exactly are python files (and xml) loaded? I thought all is loaded when civ is started, as eg. loading a mod forces game restart.

When you change something under CustomAssets, the game reloads the python files. I don't know about XML, though.

@EF: glad you got it. I'll try to test soonish. :goodjob:

Just so everyone's aware, the Flavor Units have been changed to those of Varietas Delectat. If I've made a massive error, please tell me ;)

So can I put out the docs for Ethnic Artstyles and Ethnically Diverse Units and put in the readme for Varietas Delectat?
Can you check if you have removed all the files from those mods which are not included into VD? They may cause some problems, and furthermore we can't use them if we don't credit those mods as included ones.
(I know that VD is based on those mods, but it's a different thing, IMO, to credit them as contributors to one of the included mods instead of crediting them as author of two included mods)

New orange blob sighting. Chinese worker

I am using the most recent from svn. Updated tonight arround 7pm

Would a separate thread for orange blobs (misisng units in FBug) be helpful for you?

Codetoad

Also Red (? Orange??) Blobs for FRENCH workers. I'm using version 1.0
Thank U.

1.0 is for BUG, not FBUG. The file up on the SF site is the older version of FBUG which is 0.06, and is also the bad version. I was going to wait til the new version was tested for bugs before I put it up, but I think enough people d/l directly instead of using the SVN it's worth doing a 0.07 version.... VD hasn't had any complaints about blobs has it?

First; I love this mod! I like that I can customize it so much! Great work and keep it coming!

Second; Well, it is not really a bug, it just bugs me a bit hehe! The reminder of possible trades shows possible trades(like will open borders, and money) even when the civilization in question refuses to talk to you! :lol:
It is just a minor thing that one day I hope that you guys have time to "fix"!

Thanks for listening!

Have I said something stupid in my post #123? Not at all impossible, but please tell me if I did, okay? :)

Btw: After installing the 3.13 patch, I wanted to start a game of Final Frontier and found that the interface of this mod doesn't work anymore (it won't show up). After removing BUG from CustomAssets, Final Frontier worked correctly again. Is this intended? If yes, I'd suggest to put this in the readme, because it won't be obvious to everyone. Something like this:

"What is the best place to install BUG?

BUG offers you two options: You can either install it in your CustomAssets folder, or in your "Mods" folder.

The first method (installing to CustomAssets) will probably be more convenient, because the game will then always load BUG automatically even if you play another mod - so you keep BUG's features even when playing those. However, it will also break mods that make their own changes to the interface. This includes mods like Final Frontier.

The second method (installing to the "Mods" folder) will require you to specifically load BUG every time you want to use it, and you will have to copy files around if you want have BUG's features while playing another mod. However, this method will still allow to play mods like Final Frontier."

(I have no idea whether this is a good explanation, but I thought I'd try to offer something constructive instead of just complaining. :) )

... But when I copy the BUG files to the folder mentioned above, and then start a game, I can't live the BUG options screen.

I think the problem is that it's trying to write the INI file but cannot because the folder is invalid. Try this:

1. Go into your Mods folder where you installed BUG and drill down to Assets/Python/Contrib
  2. Open CvModName.py
  3. Change "BUG Mod" to match the name of the folder in your Mods folder.
Example

BtS/Mods/ComboMod/Assets/Python/Contrib

In this case, change CvModName.py to look like this:

Code:
#CvModName.py
modName = "ComboMod"

Try that and report back please.

The reminder of possible trades shows possible trades(like will open borders, and money) even when the civilization in question refuses to talk to you!

Actually, I'd classify that as a real bug since it's telling you that you can do something you can't do. Hopefully it's pretty easy to check for this. In that case, I'll also add a new alert:

"Bozo the Clown is off his high horse and will speak to you now."

:D

Did we mean to take seviopedia out? Got the following startup issues ... currently at revision 388

Spoiler :

CvScreensInterface:0: SyntaxWarning: name 'pediaMainScreen' is assigned to before global declaration
ERR: Call function onEvent failed. Can't find module CvEventInterface
CvScreensInterface:0: SyntaxWarning: name 'bUsingSevopedia' is assigned to before global declaration
CvScreensInterface:0: SyntaxWarning: name 'pediaMainScreen' is assigned to before global declaration
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
File "CvEventInterface", line 13, in ?
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 24, in ?
File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
File "CvScreensInterface", line 224, in ?
ImportError
:
No module named SevoScreenEnums

Failed to load python module CvEventInterface.
ERR: Call function showOptionsScreen failed. Can't find module CvScreensInterface
ERR: Call function showOptionsScreen failed. Can't find module CvScreensInterface

Top Bottom