Bug Reporting

When you say you added back all the old stuff, what are you referring too? Did you compile the DLL yourself? You said you copied BUG's Python folder. What about the other folders in BUG? There are more changes then just the Python. If you are using BULL, did you add the Assets directory?

I started out with a clean Python folder, copied BUG's python folder in its place, and added back all the old stuff.

What exactly do you mean by a "clean Python folder". Clean to me means empty, i.e. you bolted your mod features onto BUG. However, I bet we have different meanings.

Does BUG take a long time to open the screens if you install BUG by itself as a mod on your system? I haven't seen any slowdown myself, but I run BUG alone (and with BULL) without other mods.

BUG 4.0 did add some changes that might be affecting how you merge in your mod. If you use CvGameUtils, check out our Wiki about how to convert to using the new modular GameUtils in BUG.

alerum68 and EF:

Let me try and explain a little better. :) I compile my own dll. This new one is based on 3.19, includes BBAI, BULL, DCM, Influence Driven War, Assilmilation plus a few other small dll mods. See the link in my sig for more info. All the XML from these mods is also merged, of course. Surprisingly, there is very little python in these mods. The one mod that is very python intensive is Inquisitions, but I've not merged this yet. So, I've basically done all the dll merging and compiled and merged all the XML. Then, I've installed BUG 4.0 to it's own mod directory, and then copied the python folder from (and the other directories like customdomadv, usersettings and res) to the Merged Mod's Asset dir. I've then done a winmerge on my old mod version (which included BUG 3.6), and then copied the old non-BUG bits and pieces to the pyton folders.

At this point, AIAuto runs the game to the end without a single python error - but the interface screens are slow, like I described.

(Note: I've just noticed that I have both a Gamefont.tga and Gamefont_75.tga - I shouldn't have both, but could this be the cause?)

I'm afraid I don't have enough time right now to test any alternatives, as I'm going on a business trip for two weeks.

Cheers! :)

If you use BUG and BULL you will have both font files (they are different sizes of icons).

As for the screens, I'm not really sure how to help. If I run BUG, the screens are fast. If I run BULL the screens are fast. If I run them together . . . the screens are fast.

It's very hard to isolate issues when you have so many pieces involved. Did you add one mod and test as you went, or did you merge everything together as the first step?

How did you handle merging BUG 4.0 with your old mod which used BUG 3.6? There have been some minor changes in BUG's core with 4.0 (BugPath, location of INI files), but nothing major.

If you remove your DLL and start a game using just the merged BUG 4.0 + your mod, are the screens slow to open still?

Hi, when using the info screen selecting projects at the top-5 everything seems to be built in a single city. Also the mouseover is directing to a different building.

I am using BUG 4.0 / CustomAssets. I just installed using the installer and did nothing extra, so I assume there is no BULL involved yet. Actually I am quite confused because the changlog makes me think it contains bull but EmperorFools signature states otherwise.

Attachments

• bug-bug.jpg
    bug-bug.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 74
Hi, when using the info screen selecting projects at the top-5 everything seems to be built in a single city. Also the mouseover is directing to a different building.

Can you please post a saved game? You are correct that a) it's confusing about BULL and b) BUG doesn't include BULL.

IIRC, there is no city associated with completed spaceship parts. This probably means that the variable that holds the city name hasn't been cleared. Thus the city shown is probably the last city with a wonder or national wonder. We should also remove the 'zoom to' city button for completed spaceship parts.

However, for parts under construction (and only when you have enough EPs to see them), we should show the city and have the 'zoom to' button.

Can you please post a saved game?

Sure. I should have added, that I did not play the game from the start with BUG 4.0, previously I used BUG 3.6. The city of a part that is currently in production is displayed correctly.

There is also some confusion about the construction date. It shows only for two parts, and the values are wrong (475 a.D, even the deity AI doesn't do that.) I attached another pictore.

Attachments

• Deity-Zulan n. Chr.-1892-bf.CivBeyondSwordSave
    543.4 KB · Views: 90
  • bug-bug2.jpg
    bug-bug2.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 55
Ruff_Hi pointed out what's happening. I didn't catch that these were projects. We'll modify the screen to hide the city and zoom button for built projects and the date for all projects (I'll have to double-check the date part).

Hi EF, I've got a small issue in Chinese version of HoTK, it may not be a BUG bug, please take a look at the attached image.

Attachments

• BUGbug.jpg
    BUGbug.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 100
  • CvSanguoEventManager.7z
    5.9 KB · Views: 59
Hi EF, I've got a small issue in Chinese version of HoTK, it may not be a BUG bug, please take a look at the attached image.

It says the error is on line 576 of module CvSanguoEventManager in onGameStart(). If you post that function I'll take a look. Are you trying to print to the screen or write to a file in that function?

I've already attached CvSanguoEventManager.py module in previous post...

Line 576 looks exactly like this:

(loopCity, iter) = pPlayer.nextCity(iter, False)

I have absolutely no idea how this line could lead to an error like that.​

I don't see anything in there that should be converting Unicode strings to ASCII ones, let alone any string conversion at all. The only time I've seen BUG cause that error is when using BugUtil.debug() to log messages that have Unicode characters, but you're not using that here.

Hoping I can get some help on this one, because I always look forward to new BAT releases.
I've just installed BAT 2.0 on my Civ4 BTS 3.19. Each previous release has given me no trouble at all.

I set it to launch every time, but when I launch Civ4 now, it crashes immediately with the error "Civ4BeyondSword.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I reinstalled BAT 2.0 and encountered the same problem.

However, when I set it back to BAT 1.2, it runs with no trouble.

Any more info that would be helpful in solving this?

Are you sure you've updated to BTS 3.19? BAT 2.0 includes BULL (a new DLL) which will make BTS crash if you aren't running 3.19.

Your newest SVN religion screen seems to be broken (no custom religions/custom religion buildings added):

Your newest SVN religion screen seems to be broken (no custom religions/custom religion buildings added).

Fixed.

Top Bottom