Bug Reports and Discussion

I don't actually need it myself, I will create starting cities etc but at the moment I'm still programming stuff. I was just pointing out the behaviour which might be bad under certain circumstances. I appreciate you offering the work around issue though. :)

In my (very slowly being created) scenario I've noticed that the AI sometimes leaves a city undefended at the start of the game (and since the scenario starts with civs at war, an enemy scout attacks an empty city and destroys the entire civ).

Another thing I noticed is that (the Bannor in this particular case) moves their settler ahead of their warrior at the start of the game to make a city and the undefended city is attacked before the warrior arrives (again the issue of starting at war). I'm not sure if the AI needs changing or not since it won't occur normally I guess.

The AI doesnt like their starting spots so they move out to build their capital in a better location. Since you are making a scenario, you have quite a few options. A couple of suggestions:

• Improve their starting points so that they settle in place
  • Give them cities to start with rather than a starting Settler
  • Remove the Starting Settler promotion from the Settler units
  • Change the starting locations so that two warring civs are not right next to each other from Turn 0
  • Have the war status change a few turns into the game rather than at the start

I still have the bug that the game will crash when you try to play it if you change all the plots - using the automatic method - at once to grassland in the worldbuilder. If you manually change all the plots to grassland then the game will run correctly.

I still have the bug that the game will crash when you try to play it if you change all the plots - using the automatic method - at once to grassland in the worldbuilder. If you manually change all the plots to grassland then the game will run correctly.

Attach the savegame that is crashing and I'll see if I can find the problem.

Here's one I just made in MNAI v2.6.

The method is easy. Start a game, go into world builder, select map mode, select plot data, select all plots, select grassland (instead of peak/ocean/hill). Exit WB and play the turn then at the end of the turn FFH2 will crash. It happens 100% of the time I've done it (on this build and previously on 2.5).

Attachments

• Test WB crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    56.2 KB · Views: 48
The method is easy. Start a game, go into world builder, select map mode, select plot data, select all plots, select grassland (instead of peak/ocean/hill). Exit WB and play the turn then at the end of the turn FFH2 will crash. It happens 100% of the time I've done it (on this build and previously on 2.5).

Looks like it is a Worldbuilder bug. The areas aren't being recalculated after changing all the plots and the error occurs when an AI city tries to choose production and starts checking for naval units in a water area that doesn't exist anymore.

Tried and tested in base WB, cant replicate the problem.
If you can create a save game in base WB with that bug, then I can look into it.
Areas are recalculated after changing all plots to land.
All plots will end up with the same area id

1) I dont test games in any mods, except base BTS. So a FFH save game is not useful to me.
If you can show that it is replicable in my WB standalone, then it is indeed a WB problem, else it could be due to FFH modified dll.

2) That is a feature not a bug.
With hide inactive on, units that cannot be trained by that faction will not be shown.
After alt tab, notice that the player has changed. So most likely warrior can be trained by 2nd player

trying to play the KE scenario. since the last update for Magister modmod i havent been able to play. it starts the game with the loss screen. I installed More Naval AI separate and tried to play the scenario using this mod, and have the same problem. so i'm wondering if it might have something to do with this mod, since magistermod is built on this one. any help would be greatly appreciated.

In 2.61, automatic promotions for multiple copies of death manna don't work - building/promoting an adept with 2 or more death manna doesn't add promotions. Not sure if this is a bug or a nerf, but I think the former since I couldn't find any discussion of this feature in this forum or in any change logs.

This can be fixed by adding 'DEATH' to the lCheckThis array in CvEventManager.py:

Code:
	if unit.getUnitCombatType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCOMBAT_ADEPT'):
			lCheckThis = ['AIR', 'BODY', 'CHAOS', 'EARTH', 'ENCHANTMENT', 'ENTROPY', 'FIRE', 'ICE', 'LAW', 'LIFE', 'METAMAGIC', 'MIND', 'NATURE', 'SHADOW', 'SPIRIT', 'SUN', 'WATER']
			for item in lCheckThis:
				iNum = pPlayer.getNumAvailableBonuses(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_MANA_' + item))
				if iNum > 1:
					unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_' + item + '1'), True)
					if (iNum > 2 and unit.isHasPromotion(iChanneling2)):
						unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_' + item + '2'), True)
						if (iNum > 3 and unit.isHasPromotion(iChanneling3)):
							unit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_' + item + '3'), True)

Not sure if this is a bug or not... The founder and follower of Octopus Overlords defeats me in an Altar Victory? Seems a bit strange and illogical. Screenie

Spoiler :

Jackal, there's nothing odd about that. Any non-evil civ can build the altar (are evil civs blocked from it? I'm fairly sure they are.)

Players are blocked from building any level of the the Altar of the Luonnatar (including those made by Great Prophets as well as the final level which requires :hammers: to complete) while they are evil. A player that started the game evil but became neutral or good could build them, whereas a player that started good or neutral but turned evil could not. Turning evil does not however cause the player to loose any Altars which had been completed prior to the alignment change.

The Necronomicon and Dies Diei are the only Holy Shrines which provide Great Person Points towards Great Prophets, and the Octopus Overlords is available much sooner than the Empyrean.

Asylums also provide Great Prophet Points. (They are also available sooner than the Reliquary unique building of the Elohim, although their tech prereq does not have the advantage of being along the tech prereq path for the altars.)

The Octopus Overlords is really the best religion to use when pursuing an Altar Victory, so long as you did not start out evil.

Top Bottom