Bug Reports and Discussion

1) adaptive intervals are too short ( quickspeed first change is supposed to be turn 70, it happens on turn 63 instead )

2) aeron's chosen event happens when an assassin reaches lvl5 ( it's supposed to happen at lvl6 )

The unit info graphics fix is great, except now I can't click on the picture to center on the unit.

If its one or the other, I would rather keep it the way it is.

It is because these upgrades are handled via spells. That would require creating a new spell for each (unit to be upgraded, unit to upgrade) pair. Taking into account worker and slave upgrades, allowing to upgrade for more than one tier would require the following spells (spells in bold are already present):

Beastman -> Sons of Asena
Sons of Asena -> Battlemaster
Worker -> Beastman
Slave -> Beastman

Beastman -> Battlemaster
Worker -> Sons of Asena
Worker -> Battlemaster
Slave -> Sons of Asena
Slave -> Battlemaster

In my opinion, creating 5 new spells just for this issue is not worth the effort, specially when the number of spells adversely affects game performance. Maybe adding only the Beastman -> Battlemaster spell would be enough, since it is the most common and annoying upgrade. In my opinion, it also makes sense to force workers and slaves to stay at least a turn as Beastman.

Could be reduced to one spell that upgrades a unit to the highest tier.

It was already mentioned that clicking the research bar while researching causes a python error (but I didn't found an issue in the tracker). I fixed that:

In CvMainInterface, change
Code:
screen.setText( "ResearchText", "Background", szText, CvUtil.FONT_CENTER_JUSTIFY, xCoord, yCoord, -0.4, FontTypes.GAME_FONT, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_RESEARCH, [B]-1[/B], -1 )
to
Code:
screen.setText( "ResearchText", "Background", szText, CvUtil.FONT_CENTER_JUSTIFY, xCoord, yCoord, -0.4, FontTypes.GAME_FONT, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_RESEARCH, [b]gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getCurrentResearch()[/B], -1 )

Explanation (I learned something new, why shouldn't someone else :)): The first "-1" is the CvWidgetDataStruct.m_iData1 property, which is used in CvDLLWidgetData::doPediaTechJump(), called by CvDLLWidgetData::executeAltAction() (right click).

Not sure if these are bugs, but it was odd AI behavior. It happened in a 2.42 multi player.

Aluric builds a town one square from a goblin fort and suicides it's defenders on the archers. Clan player casts For the Hoarde and walks right in.

Ljo AI share a long and skinny island with Lanun player who runs minimal military but has superior tech and production. They are about 30 squares from each other, and have no negative relations. Ljo sends over a 10 warrior stack and ends up giving Lanun some nice promotions. The Ljo could have spent the effort improving it's land instead.

[to_xp]Gekko;12235948 said:
1) adaptive intervals are too short ( quickspeed first change is supposed to be turn 70, it happens on turn 63 instead )

It scales based on gamespeed now. I'm not sure why Kael had it so that it changed less frequently on quick speed. The other settings all corresponded to the gamespeed delays.

2) aeron's chosen event happens when an assassin reaches lvl5 ( it's supposed to happen at lvl6 )

You are misinformed. Check canTriggerAeronsChosen in CvRandomEventInterface.py.

I don't know if this was reported yet, but I was just greeted by Random Neutral Leader.

Terkhen reported it and provided a fix, though I still have not been able to reproduce this issue myself.

It was already mentioned that clicking the research bar while researching causes a python error (but I didn't found an issue in the tracker). I fixed that:

Another issue that I cant seem to reproduce. Thanks for the fix!

Sorry I wasn't able to repeat this, but somehow I am getting +2 exp in my capital from what I presume is a "ghost" command post. I earned 2 commanders in rather quick succession and moved them around (attach and detach) on some units before leaving the capital. You will notice that the 2 garrison warriors in the capital graphically have generals attached...but they don't.

Attachments

• broken commander.CivBeyondSwordSave
    187.5 KB · Views: 43
It scales based on gamespeed now. I'm not sure why Kael had it so that it changed less frequently on quick speed. The other settings all corresponded to the gamespeed delays.

I guess it makes sense... it's a bit confusing because the ffh manual says 70->145 etc. but that probably needs an update anyway :D

You are misinformed. Check canTriggerAeronsChosen in CvRandomEventInterface.py.

holy... you're right, each and every ffh modmod has it at lvl5. every single post on the forums mentioning it says lvl6 :lol:

Sorry I wasn't able to repeat this, but somehow I am getting +2 exp in my capital from what I presume is a "ghost" command post.

You have a Brewing House there which gives +2xp to Dwarven units.

[to_xp]Gekko;12243638 said:
I guess it makes sense... it's a bit confusing because the ffh manual says 70->145 etc. but that probably needs an update anyway

I dont think that manual has been updated in several years.

Terkhen reported it and provided a fix, though I still have not been able to reproduce this issue myself.

It is difficult to reproduce, yes. The chances of getting the random leaders are quite low :)

I noticed that Shallows (the hell version of Marshes) do not have the movement cost penalty. Is this intended?

[to_xp]Gekko;12244086 said:
I think Terkhen's fix also disables the random leader by alignment option?

In which cases is it disabled? In my tests with the proposed fix the random leader by alignment option worked fine, both with Unrestricted Leaders enabled and disabled.

Top Bottom