1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Discussion

Discussion in 'More Naval AI Modmod' started by Tholal, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Tholal

Tholal Chieftain

I'm fine with it either way. It's just a 1-turn delay. Would fixing it mess with the Dead Player Culture feature?

2. Terkhen

Terkhen Chieftain

I managed to reproduce the issue, and it seems that it should be present in vanilla MNAI too.

I don't understand how the old code worked, given that the new one fails in an assumption that the old one did too. CIVILIZATION_RANDOM is set as a civilization playable by the AI, and therefore it is considered a valid option when selecting random civilizations and leaders by the new code.

The simplest solution is to set bAIPlayable to 0 in CIVILIZATION_RANDOM. The DLL can also be modified to check for civilizations with both bAIPlayable set to true and bGraphicalOnly set to false.

3. Red Key

Red Key Modder

I don't know much about how Dead Player Culture feature works, but I don't think it would mess with it because CvPlot::updateCulture() is called on every plot on every turn already. If I wanted to fix it I would do the same thing and call updateCulture on every plot when a player dies. If updateCulture isn't messing up Dead Player Culture now then I don't think it would if I called it earlier. I also think the culture of plots and cities are different things, and updateCulture only affects whose culture is shown on a plot.

I might go ahead and fix it because it is very strange that you can't move into the plots until the dead player's culture disappears, and I don't want to track down what causes that.

4. Tholal

Tholal Chieftain

Could you tell me how to reproduce it?

5. Terkhen

Terkhen Chieftain

Start a lot of games playing as random. It will happen eventually, although the chances seem to be quite low. If you want to reproduce it faster leave all civilizations in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml with only one leader while leaving CIVILIZATION_RANDOM untouched.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that with the fix I suggested I was not able to reproduce it even after 20 tries with most leaders disabled.

6. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

warriors can no longer upgrade to pyre zombies :/

7. Terkhen

Terkhen Chieftain

When using AI automation (Ctrl+Shift+X) whenever a Revolutions popup appears, the automation stop and it needs to be restarted.

8. Tholal

Tholal Chieftain

Already noted and fixed

9. Tholal

Tholal Chieftain

Bug report entered

10. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

thanx for the fix! too bad it's DLL and I can't just drop the file into my installation, my current game as Sheaim Charadon would benefit. :lol:

AIs using unrestricted leaders and the new intervals for flexible/increasing difficulty make for some great gameplay, I'm loving 2.42 :D

11. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

first pic is where the Calabim started, second pic is where they settled 3 turns later :crazyeye:

Attached Files:

12. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

when generating a map with Full of Resources mapscript, you often get some python exceptions and then the error report in the pic. it still appears to work correctly however.

I've noticed something interesting: one of the normalization routines which most mapscripts call adds features and resources for equalization. the problem here is that it considers having tons of forests a good thing ( like BTS ) while it's actually a bad thing in FFH. seems like this is what causes starts to often have an excessive forest lock.

Attached Files:

13. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

actually, you get those exceptions + error each time a savegame is loaded, not when the map is generated.

14. Terkhen

Terkhen Chieftain

I also found another assertion that is triggered on debug builds. Are you interested in removing them?

Assert Failed

File: CvCity.cpp
    Line: 8035
    Expression: getBonusGoodHappiness() >= 0
    ----------------------------------------------------------

15. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

first pic you can see the Grigori capital, second pic is where they decided to settle their second city. they don't seem to properly take distance into account :crazyeye:

Attached Files:

16. Tholal

Tholal Chieftain

I dont want to remove the assertions themselves but I would like to fix the underlying issues. In this case, the game is either trying to remove the effects from a bonus twice. At least that's my first guess. I've seen this assert before but I've not had the chance to track down the cause.

17. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I noticed that in the last release, units with the Held promotion are no longer prevented from using spells. The Cage outcome of lair exploration is now completely pointless, as the unit can free itself from he cage immediately.

I'm not quite sure whether I want you to go back to base FfH2 behavior or not. You could just add a python prereq to SPELL_RELEASE_FROM_CAGE. Personally think it would be much better to add a new tag to promotions that blocks the unit from using spells, or add a new tag to spells that prevents them from being casted by units with a specific promotion.

18. Doug Piranha

Doug Piranha Chieftain

The game isn't saving the option settings like it used to (e.g., I always click No Vassal States, No Lairs, etc. The game used to start with these options clicked; now it doesn't).

19. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

<bNormalize> should be set to 0 in civ4bonusinfos.xml for Pearl : mapscripts shouldn't use them to boost starting locations since only Lanun can see them.

20. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Jonas of the Elohim agreed to a 10 turn loan of his copper in exchange for my cow, i.e. giving bronze weapon to all of my warriors ( he's my neighbour with military advantage on his side and annoyed relations ) . what's weird is that if I asked what you want for this? he said marble and cow, but I tried only cow and voila he accepted.