Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I think I saw this kind of bug before, where you have a city in their flipzone but only after their spawn, and the next time war breaks out unit desertion happens. But I'm not sure.

New world plague was not correctly triggered in some of my previous games. I'll have more to report when I get to play some games.

Yeah, please keep an eye on it and send me a save if you have one.

I wonder if it could be posted here, I don't know whether it is a bug or not, but how could power brings 15:yuck: in a city? There're factory, coal plant, electrical grid in city(I think only those buildings are related to it). And in city without electrical grid but have factory, coal plant, it becomes 6:yuck:.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Kangxi AD-1926 Turn 614 bug3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Please check again how many of your buildings consume power. With a coal plant, you get three unhealth for every building that consumes power.

Please check again how many of your buildings consume power. With a coal plant, you get three unhealth for every building that consumes power.
O my god... Will they disappear after I build solar plant or water plant?

Also I feel 3 per building is a little more, how about 2?

Yes, it's only the base +1 unhealth with solar, water or nuclear plants.

O my god... Will they disappear after I build solar plant or water plant?

Also I feel 3 per building is a little more, how about 2?

For the Coal power :yuck::yuck::yuck: is right amount, but I suggested before that we need also a Oil/Gas power plant which provides power from oil with :yuck::yuck:, since solar plant comes so late in he tech tree and uranium is rare.

Or it could also be just one building: "Thermal plant" or "Fossil fuel plant", which provides power with coal :yuck::yuck::yuck: and power with Oil :yuck::yuck:.

XML does not allow the last suggestion, but I have nothing against a Gas Plant that consumes Oil and gives one less unhealth. I'm also considering to reduce the base amount of unhealth from power to 0 so that clean power is truly clean.

Game crashing error occurs when quit turn. Tried to load 2 turns earlier save and do things a bit different, but no cigar. I have the preversion of 1.15.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar AD-1512 Turn 436.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
Since when can trading company spread to European cities?
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG

They can spread to all cities having the Trading Company national wonder, regardless of the region. However, that would only allow it to spread French city.

They can spread to all cities having the Trading Company national wonder, regardless of the region. However, that would only allow it to spread French city.
Neither of those two French cities has the Trading Company national wonder inside. I guess it's messed up city IDs that's causing this. Or not.

Got this exception a few turns before winning the UHV with Egypt. This is the pre release 1.15 version, I used the "Install DoC 1.15 Release Candidate.exe" to install it.
Spoiler :

This should be fixed if you download the installer again.

Got this same error again, this time as Tamils. Might it be because I directly run the installer instead of removing the previous version first?

EDIT: Nevermind, I did not know that you don't update the installer everytime. I downloaded the fixed version from GitHub.

Last edited:
The culture expansion mechanism could use some polishing. See the following screenshots for the current wierdities.
Spoiler 200 culture, normal speed :
Civ4ScreenShot0044.JPG

Spoiler 300 culture, normal speed :
Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG

Spoiler 400 culture, normal speed :
Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG

It shouldn't be that hard to control the hills across the sea. And if the mountains beyond get controlled before the hills, something is not working well.

Agreed on the peaks.

Have you tried this?
I downloaded the Git repo as a ZIP file, now when I try to start a scenario it quits with the message "failed to read world builder file"
This may affect one or more scenarios and is unfortunately a consequence of how Github creates its ZIP files, so I cannot do anything about it. To fix the problem, get Notepad++ and open the scenario file ("open with Notepad++"), then choose Edit -> EOL Conversion -> Windows.

Top Bottom