Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Ive rerolled America at least 15 times now and only once did Britain declare war on me when their cities flipped, is this intended?

The initial war is simple random chance regardless of the game situation.

Removing units from washington worked. Britain DOWd me every time these last 3 rerolls. @Leoreth you sure there isn't any other factors at play?

EDIT: Can confirm that leaving wash ungarrisoned does not ensure a British DOW, but it does make it extremely likely

Last edited:
Pretty sure, but will look into it.

Protestantism is supposed to be founded by Printing right? Currently the prereq is Academia. The civilopedia page for Protestantism says Printing (and redirects to the printing page upon clicking) but the icon seen is the one of Academia.

It's Academia. I need to correct the civilopedia page.

Why does Catholicism always spread to Oxte'tuun in Colombia, regardless of contact with Eurasia?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    354.1 KB · Views: 179
It's Academia. I need to correct the civilopedia page.

When you do, also have a look at Argentinian Grenade Cavalry: gives +25% attack on Musketmen instead of Riflemen and Cannon so instead of being great they're crap. :) Also, Argentina starts despotic, should probably be Republic.

Colombia doesn't appear in any start game menus.

This might be more a feature request than bug but the techs that colonies get at independence should be tied to the tech level of their former master. Fe. on Monarch 1700 start Argentine started with Measurement, Social Contract and Metallurgy that the Spanish didn't have while the Spanish had Machine Tools and up to Riflemen tech. I think it's neat that Argentine has to fight Riflemen with Musketmen and Cavalry so I'm not advocating for tech parity, but being more advanced seems wrong.

Don't know if dynamic vs. static starting techs is a can of worms that causes more problems than it solves though. You could limit it to colonial civs so you would still have super advanced Netherlands and Prussia. Otherwise those civs might be in trouble, not to mention the problem of defining their parent. What if HRE collapsed before Prussian spawned etc.

Colombia doesn't appear in any start game menus.

For some reason, civ rebirths really cannot be shown in the start game menu. Not only Colombia shows up there, but also Iran (600 AD) and Mexico. You'll have to play as an earlier civ first and then switch to the reborn civ on popup. (This usually gives me hassle whenever I want to play as Iran. Mexico and Colombia could be done by going Argentine first since they're just 1-3 turns away.) I don't think there's a workaround for this as of the moment.

Austria's name is kinda bugged. On another occasion, when I signed a DP with them, the displayed message was "Russia has signed a DP with "

Spoiler :

Espionage values aren't completely visible.

Spoiler :

I saved right before the 2nd UHV condition as Byzantium. However, the first condition was unmarked. How do I fix this?

On an additional note, everytime I switch a civilization, Espionage settings are automated as if the AI is still in control of that.

Attachments

• 20171021220104_1.jpg
    20171021220104_1.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 83
UHVs may reset when a Python exception occurs. Have you enabled their display, or enabled logging, as described in the first post of the thread?

I saved right before the 2nd UHV condition as Byzantium. However, the first condition was unmarked. How do I fix this?

On an additional note, everytime I switch a civilization, Espionage settings are automated as if the AI is still in control of that.

You can set a victory goal to accomplished in the WB. Go to the StoredData editor. Select "Civilization Data" with one of the dropdown menus on the left. Select Byzantium. Click on "lGoals" in the bottom left table and click on the UHV you want to set to achieved.

I'm having trouble loading the mod from the main BTS menu screens. I've looked at a couple complaints in this forum and elsewhere and I don't think they describe my situation. The version of BTS I have is 3.19 and DoC (entitled 'RFC Dawn of Civilization') is placed in BTS/Mods. When I click RFC Dawn of Civilization in the load a mod menu, BTS simply fails to reopen. In Task Manager, it appears to be running in the background however.

What is the usual time it takes to open? Not that I measured the time exactly, but I believe it failed to open something like 20 minutes after I clicked the load option.

Top Bottom