Bug Reports and Technical Issues

What is the usual time it takes to open? Not that I measured the time exactly, but I believe it failed to open something like 20 minutes after I clicked the load option.

You should create a shortcut straight to the mod, never go through the menus. I believe it takes under five minutes for me to get in game on a processor that's around 4Ghz.

Target:

"C:\path\to\your\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization

Start in:

"C:\path\to\your\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword"

You should create a shortcut straight to the mod, never go through the menus. I believe it takes under five minutes for me to get in game on a processor that's around 4Ghz.

Target:

"C:\path\to\your\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization

Start in:

"C:\path\to\your\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword"

The same still happens. And not all of us here have 4 GHz processors (I, for instance, have only 1.90 GHz). There's really just a lot going on in the mod, especially the media assets.

If you use VD, you can manually build the VD assets into a PAK file and replace the individual, unpacked assets with the single, PAK-ed file (only the graphics, though; the XML files should remain unpacked). Will significantly help speed up loading times, but depending on the actual computer, it could cause other problems.

Especially if it is the first time launching the mod after installing it, it can take a significant amount of time to open. I don't know the reason, the best you can do is to increase the priority of the process in the task manager and wait. This phenomenon should disappear on subsequent launches.

Edit: having PAKed art files will help with startup loading time, but will degrade turn to turn performance and might lead to MAFs. If you have a weaker system and unless you only play early game, I still suggest using unPAKed art and waiting the additional time on startup.

Third turn of an Argentina game I get a free Grenade Cavalry when I lose one attacking a Spanish Grenadier. Is this intended behavior or something funky?

Attachments

• San Martin AD-1817 Turn 360-grenadier.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
Did it happen in your capital? I think it's an intentional behaviour intended to prevent players from rushing capitals of recently spawned civs. I don't really like it, and will probably remove it when I rewrite the spawn code, or at least replace it with something more organic.

An issue with a catholic holy city - there is none! :crazyeye:
I am playing a Moorish game, epic 3000bc.

upload_2017-10-27_3-28-49.png

You're on epic right? 4500 is the correct number.

1. Spoiler :
  2. Playing as Byzantium, I was only able to bribe Visigothic axemen (not swordsmen or horse archers), that too for -2 (yes, minus two) gold.
  3. Are you supposed to get the "Your units are joining the enemy in their war of liberation" message even when you agree to a flip?

An issue with a catholic holy city - there is none! :crazyeye:
I am playing a Moorish game, epic 3000bc.

View attachment 479660

Must have been razed by barbarians. Not very uncommon.

Please submit a save for all of these situations.

You're on epic right? 4500 is the correct number.

Yes, epic is my style.

1. Spoiler :
  2. Playing as Byzantium, I was only able to bribe Visigothic axemen (not swordsmen or horse archers), that too for -2 (yes, minus two) gold.
  3. Are you supposed to get the "Your units are joining the enemy in their war of liberation" message even when you agree to a flip?
Must have been razed by barbarians. Not very uncommon.

Hmm...then that might be worth checking. AI and human players can't raze holy cities so why should barbs...even if they are damn barbs :nono:. Enough said that it would have a better game dynamic:mischief:

Epic 3000BC, a Moorish game changed to French. Save + 1 turn = a game freezing error.

Attachments

• Charlemagne AD-1416 Turn 412.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
This may be a bug or it may be my computer but I thought it would be good to point it out. The game crashes when clicking enter on this turn and generates the Windows 'close program' screen.

Attachments

• Stalin AD-1953 Turn 641.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
I've made a note and will check. I'm rather backlogged at the moment so that may take some time.

Please submit a save for all of these situations.

Attached.
You might need to play a turn or two.

Hmm...then that might be worth checking. AI and human players can't raze holy cities so why should barbs...even if they are damn barbs :nono:. Enough said that it would have a better game dynamic:mischief:

Holy city razing was allowed in vanilla RFC, but I'm unsure about DoC. Maybe Leoreth can confirm.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0590 Turn 180.CivBeyondSwordSave
    524.4 KB · Views: 35
  • AutoSave_AD-0630 Turn 184.CivBeyondSwordSave
    544.1 KB · Views: 25
Holy city razing is definitely verboten in DoC.

Can you confirm which save is for which error? You reported three.

The second error can be observed on the 630AD save on that turn itself. The third error appears only when you play the 590AD save and let Jerusalem flip to the Arabs. For some reason I'm not able to reproduce the first bug though. And I don't have any other autosaves either.

Top Bottom