1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

Math does not add up here! Can it be fixed, please?

Also, looks like Aztec Slave is a unit in its own right, separate from Slaves, but it is not documented anywhere in Pedia, at least not in the units list...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Leoreth and 1SDAN like this.
  2. SeekTruthFromFacts

SeekTruthFromFacts Chieftain

1.15 RC2. I am seeing several of those familiar pink blobs instead of these units:
    - Ethiopian Heavy Spearman
    - Iranian Qizilbash
    - English Great General

I am playing with low graphics settings and the VD module (using the installer, after moving the previous version to a different directory), which I believe is sometimes relevant to tracing these problems.

And actually I had a pink Qizilbash in 1.14 as well, so I wonder whether it could possible be a corrupt art file somewhere in my vanilla installation?

1SDAN likes this.
  3. Leoreth

Leoreth That's rough buddy Moderator

I can't really do anything about that, it's simply that the low res texture is missing for these unit models. Unless your PC is literally from when Civ4 first came out, it is usually safe to use high resolution textures. Game performance is mostly determined by memory and CPU, which aren't impacted by the graphics settings.

4. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

I downloaded the latest(?) revision a day or two ago. A few observations so far (Roman game, epic, monarch):

- Early civs are strong when it comes to stability. All ancient civs were stable/solid during time of BC.
    - Stability changes seems to occur more often now. Example I was going from shaky to solid and back all the time.
    - Ottomans spawned. All of Anatolia were indy. They flipped all expect Sparta and Athens became their capital:nope:. (already said, but heh, that annoying Athens flip to Turks gets me every time :gripe:).

Killed the Turks in turn X. Turn X + 1 they decided to respawn :trophy: (screenshot attached and save if necessary)

upload_2018-1-11_7-2-37.png
    Will keep playing to explore more :)

5. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

upload_2018-1-11_8-18-17.png

It says that Norway founded Bergen, but the scorecard says Swedish Empire.

6. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

upload_2018-1-11_9-59-33.png

Incan statesman error.

7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

It is a "animation frozen" setting you have chosen, many units are like this. Switching back to default in your options will fix it.

8. Leoreth

That is intended, since no negative consequences are associated with going down a level anymore, I made stability levels more volatile. I think it gives a more immediate feedback to where your stability is currently.

Do you have saves for these?

9. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Grenadier is :strength: 10 and has 25% bonus against Rifleman with :strength: 16, but no bonus against more inferior Musketman with :strength: 12. Once people learned how to use grenades against rifles they surely must have bonus against more inferior firearms like arquebus and muskets. But all other things equal -- Muskets will stack up against Grenadiers better than Rifles which is not very logical! 50% bonus?

Leoreth and 1SDAN like this.
  10. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

I managed to get those saves for you. The older one is Norway/Sweden/Bergen. Looks like the Norsk people changed their name right before Bergen was founded.

The newer one is that Incan statesman.

Just hit the next turn to experience those.

EDIT: It seems that Aztec statesman has the same error than Incan.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Leoreth likes this.
  11. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

Hmm this didn't go as planned :mischief:

I was stable. I had 2 cities under Egyptian area, Arabs had 1-2 and Indies had 1 city. Egypt respawned. This was the aftermath:
    upload_2018-1-12_13-49-31.png
    I lost Alexandria, but not Diaspolis Magna :crazyeye:

12. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

I just would like to point out this case "Athens". There was Western and Eastern Roman Empire. Turks spawned. No war to ERE from the Turks. No Athens flip to Turks from WRE. This is not the case when there is only one Roman Empire, Athens always wants to flip.
    upload_2018-1-12_14-25-51.png

13. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

Pakistan says Mughals under Indian rule.
    upload_2018-1-12_15-13-2.png

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  14. Leoreth

Alright, just to confirm, are you playing with the VD module? Or plain Git?

15. hoglu

hoglu Chieftain

Hello there :)

It is good to see there are still Civ 4 mod players. And thank you to Leoreth for developing this nice mod :)

I have a few problems with Dawn of Civilization. I have downloaded this file
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/dawnofciv/files/
    Install Dawn of Civilization.exe
    which i think is 1.4 version with modules.

My issues are,
    1- Some units graphic can not be loaded. They seem as pink colour and dont have preview graphic. Heavy Horseman and Janissaries are examples for these. However bombards and cities seem fine. I think it is about graphic module but not sure whicih one is it. Is there any solution for it? Can i delete or disable module whicih causes it? (I have high graphic details)

2- DoC mod is really takes time to start. Game takes 3 mins to start after running shortcut which i tried 5 times for start. And game turns also take like 8 sec to pass next turn. I have 3.1 ghz ryzen cpu, 8gb ram and new 4gb gaming video card. Game is
    running in hdd not ssd. Is there anyway to speed these issues :) ?

btw I tried these with ottoman starting in 1700.

16. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I've loaded up 2 Carthage games in a row and both times the Great Cothon was built within 10 turns of my spawning. I'll reply with more details if it happens again.

Leoreth likes this.
  17. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

With VD, I think so. I chose all the markings during installation after downloading the file. This was the page where I got it (the largest file):

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dawnofciv/files/ (you post this page where to download)

Leoreth likes this.
  18. Steb

Steb Chieftain

Infinite python exceptions when adopting Public Welfare:
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    It occurs upon switching from regulated trade to public welfare in the attached save.

EDIT: it also occurs when switching to Free Enterprise, so it's a more general problem, but I don't know to what extent.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Leoreth likes this.
  19. soul-breathing

soul-breathing Chieftain

In 1700ad scenerio, the reveal tiles of Portugal is fine, Lisboa could link to Brazil across Atlantic Ocean. But as for Spain and France, the tiles are unrevealed in Oceans.

Leoreth likes this.
  20. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I literally did it in my recent game and never had any issues.