1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Noted.

Kind of ... I like the idea of going to war to modernise your tech, however not if it's a phony war. Maybe I can modify the condition a bit to exclude these situations. However coming up with a working definition of what a "real" war is isn't very easy.

I noticed the same. @merijn_v1 Do you want to take a look at it. I could possibly do it myself but you know your own code better than I do.

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I noticed it too, but played on and forgot about it. I will take a look at it. Thanks for the reminder.

Ctrl+k still works if you want the stability overlay.

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  3. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I thought it was weird that the stability display button is activated by right clicking instead of left.

Yeah that's right, it still works, someone just made it react to right clicking for some reason. So if you want your stability guide right click.

I've known this for months but just assumed it was an intended feature for some reason.

4. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

It's just a little strange: civ can modernize by acquiring techs already known by friends who are willing to share. I can understand that. But if nobody wants to trade (meaning sell for cash or swap for another tech, just like Japan did with buying many licenses and developing it's own industry) -- if nobody wants to trade the tech in a peace time, why would its cost drop just because when at war and not even willing to talk truce BTS game mechanics lists your enemy techs as potential bargain items in a very very distant peace negotiations?

5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

3000 BC Japan gets extra 2 Workers: 2 as starting units and regular 2 upon city founding. Not that I am complaining, but we need to be fair... 600 AD is not like that.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  6. SeekTruthFromFacts

SeekTruthFromFacts King

1.15RC2

When you build your first Worker, the tutorial popup describes it as a Mounted Unit.

7. Alexius08

Alexius08 Emperor

Same goes for missionaries and probably every other unit with more than 1 movement point.

1SDAN, Leoreth and SeekTruthFromFacts like this.
  8. SeekTruthFromFacts

SeekTruthFromFacts King

Oh, apologies for reporting a vanilla bug then. I guess that when I know I'm playing a major new release, I am more alert to oddities!

9. Alexius08

Alexius08 Emperor

That bug didn't exist in v 1.14. Perhaps, it was caused by the split between light cavalry and heavy cavalry.

SeekTruthFromFacts likes this.
  10. h0spitall3rz

h0spitall3rz Grand Vizier of Your Mind

I got this too. Idk about Ctrl+K, but weirdly, right-clicking the button works. :lol: But I think I received a pull request notif about this already, if I'm not mistaken? :)

11. Leoreth

Already merged :)

SeekTruthFromFacts likes this.
  12. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

Math does not add up here! Can it be fixed, please?

Also, looks like Aztec Slave is a unit in its own right, separate from Slaves, but it is not documented anywhere in Pedia, at least not in the units list...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Leoreth and 1SDAN like this.
  13. SeekTruthFromFacts

SeekTruthFromFacts King

1.15 RC2. I am seeing several of those familiar pink blobs instead of these units:
    - Ethiopian Heavy Spearman
    - Iranian Qizilbash
    - English Great General

I am playing with low graphics settings and the VD module (using the installer, after moving the previous version to a different directory), which I believe is sometimes relevant to tracing these problems.

And actually I had a pink Qizilbash in 1.14 as well, so I wonder whether it could possible be a corrupt art file somewhere in my vanilla installation?

1SDAN likes this.
  14. Leoreth

I can't really do anything about that, it's simply that the low res texture is missing for these unit models. Unless your PC is literally from when Civ4 first came out, it is usually safe to use high resolution textures. Game performance is mostly determined by memory and CPU, which aren't impacted by the graphics settings.

15. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Warlord

I downloaded the latest(?) revision a day or two ago. A few observations so far (Roman game, epic, monarch):

- Early civs are strong when it comes to stability. All ancient civs were stable/solid during time of BC.
    - Stability changes seems to occur more often now. Example I was going from shaky to solid and back all the time.
    - Ottomans spawned. All of Anatolia were indy. They flipped all expect Sparta and Athens became their capital:nope:. (already said, but heh, that annoying Athens flip to Turks gets me every time :gripe:).

Killed the Turks in turn X. Turn X + 1 they decided to respawn :trophy: (screenshot attached and save if necessary)

upload_2018-1-11_7-2-37.png
    Will keep playing to explore more :)

16. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Warlord

upload_2018-1-11_8-18-17.png

It says that Norway founded Bergen, but the scorecard says Swedish Empire.

17. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Warlord

upload_2018-1-11_9-59-33.png

Incan statesman error.

18. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

It is a "animation frozen" setting you have chosen, many units are like this. Switching back to default in your options will fix it.

19. Leoreth

That is intended, since no negative consequences are associated with going down a level anymore, I made stability levels more volatile. I think it gives a more immediate feedback to where your stability is currently.

Do you have saves for these?

20. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Grenadier is :strength: 10 and has 25% bonus against Rifleman with :strength: 16, but no bonus against more inferior Musketman with :strength: 12. Once people learned how to use grenades against rifles they surely must have bonus against more inferior firearms like arquebus and muskets. But all other things equal -- Muskets will stack up against Grenadiers better than Rifles which is not very logical! 50% bonus?

Leoreth and 1SDAN like this.