Bug Reports and Technical Issues

1. Yes. I founded it on Aksum, but it was not marked as a Holy City. I checked the religion menu and in the Holy City section it said "None". Also, can this ability be used to found Islam before Arabia's spawn?
2. Yes.
Do you have a save from which I can found Orthodoxy and reproduce the issue?

Have you checked the actual effect or is it just in the tooltip?

Ööö...I mean when I build a trooper of mine it only gets those 9xp (=barracks + 3 generals)...shouldn't it get more xp cause city's cultural levels? Or is there something I lost during translation from english to finnish..:help:

Do you have a save from which I can found Orthodoxy and reproduce the issue?

Not right now, but in the meantime you can see for yourself when that happens. If a prophet spreads a religion that wasn't founded yet, does he create a Holy City?

Ööö...I mean when I build a trooper of mine it only gets those 9xp (=barracks + 3 generals)...shouldn't it get more xp cause city's cultural levels? Or is there something I lost during translation from english to finnish..:help:
No it's alright, I was just asking if you observed the error on the created unit or the tooltip, since both could be broken individually.

Not right now, but in the meantime you can see for yourself when that happens. If a prophet spreads a religion that wasn't founded yet, does he create a Holy City?
As I said before, a Great Prophet is not supposed to spread a religion that has not been founded yet. If that is the case, I will investigate this instead.

Recently got the development version of DoC! Playing as Arabia, I kept scratching my head as to how barbarian horse archers kept escaping my notice and preying on my defenseless workers. Then I saw this:

Spoiler :

I really hope this is a bug, because how am I supposed to get rid of these Turkic raiders if they're inside my cities? :confused:

It's not really, they can enter your cities because of the OB treaty. Maybe it should be impossible to attack as a flagged as barbarian unit when you are in a city.

It's not really, they can enter your cities because of the OB treaty. Maybe it should be impossible to attack as a flagged as barbarian unit when you are in a city.

That seems like something that can be exploited by the player, unless it only works for the AI? Build a lot of Oghuz, OB with target, whittle down the target's military from inside their own cities, then DOW them and take all the weakly defended cities.

I will check to see if this really works.

No, it's definitely weird, but that's a valid interaction of the game rules as they are at the moment.

As the English having having 2 cities in the middle america (yax mutal, historical), with the Aztec as a vassal. When re-capturing Tuitan or Coyuca for instability, in Aztec area you can not give these cities, maybe cause you own Yax Mutal? which you can give to him. Incan cities you can liberate to the Aztec, which is odd! btw

Can you share the save?

I cannot I'm afraid, I played on, I'll remember that next time. They do posses 1 city in south America I gave them, the rest revolted as naturally it isn't in the history area. In fact for some reason sometimes they have 'claim' on manylcities in the entire americas... With newly settled cities this can happen sometimes in the Americas.

A second thing. With India when you buy the 3 cities (in this case Mumbai,Kolkata and Chennai), Mumbai and Kolkata which were ind and barbarian they start with 0% english culture making it a starve fest... I got a save of that... plus the autosave that leads to it. Makes spending kinda useless... as the cities are mysore/mughals and none

Seems that mumbai 44% independent/ kolkata 83% barbarian ratings just vanished and the culture given to the tamils mostly... the 1625 autosave show these ratings... Unless it's intended but it is kinda silly if so... This also happened in 1.15 I remember now, there you got cities and the culture around it pushed them to starvation and revolt as well.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1630 Turn 307.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • AutoSave_AD-1625 Turn 306.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
Okay. I infer that these saves are from develop?

yeah the latest I think, from 19th., new game too

Here is a save where I was able to buy over the city Chennai as well (Madras now). 98% independent it becomes instead of English, Seems the factor English culture is replaced by other cultures.

Attachments

• Weird effect!.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Was trying out a new strategy as Arabia, one in which I kick the Turks out of their core area before they can threaten me with conquerors. But they didn't collapse? I thought a civ was supposed to collapse once they lose all cities in their core area.

Spoiler :

I checked their stability rating; it said Shaky.

EDIT: I get the feeling that Turkestan isn't supposed to be settling in Mongolia, seeing as Gaziantep is a city in southeastern Turkey.

EDIT: Tried it again and the Turks collapsed this time. Odd.

Last edited:
I noted that with England attacking cities in India very fortified ok, when attacking with cannons and redcoat you don't do any collateral damage on their Arqebuis, barely any damage at all. However some turns you can but usually not... Is collateral damage immunity new? Related to Castles? or high defence? Cause it is weird... One turn it can be done the other not at all...

N/M I noticed if you bombard once then the next units can cause stack damage afterwards.

Attachments

• Alfred.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I noted that with England attacking cities in India very fortified ok, when attacking with cannons and redcoat you don't do any collateral damage on their Arqebuis, barely any damage at all. However some turns you can but usually not... Is collateral damage immunity new? Related to Castles? or high defence? Cause it is weird... One turn it can be done the other not at all...

N/M I noticed if you bombard once then the next units can cause stack damage afterwards.
Collateral damage is limited by the remaining city defenses. So if defense is at 80% all units in the city cannot be reduced below 80% by collateral damage. I think this needs to be somewhat accounted for by the AI.

I failed the first Mayan UHV in the turn 155. The description says turn 181.
Ah, the description is wrong here.

Yeah, I still want to investigate that.

I noticed after building the Palace of Nations in 1886, when in 1916 i still haven't seen an assembly anymore, even though it says it happens each 4 turns. Is the palace turning the assemblies off, at the moment? Ina previous game I had a similar issue, so just wandering if anyone else have the same issue?

Top Bottom