Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Basically, Huayna Capac showed up in the Apostolic Palace sessions in 1270, right before I was going to build my carracks.

EDIT: Same savegame: Check out Tucume - Catholicism has already spread in South America, long before any civ developed Compass.
I already had that issue once before in plain 1.15.

I found the savegame where Catholicism spreads in Tucume once you end the player's turn.

Dunno if that would help debugging. My guess is that it should be possible to introduce a script that prevents old world religions spreading in new world cities before the first-contact-event.

Attachments

• Julius Caesar AD-0980 Turn 219.CivBeyondSwordSave
    913.8 KB · Views: 112
Which commit are you on? Or is it 1.15?

Is it even possible to do the majority of Pagan URVs? They all seem to require the player to not have ever let more than half their cities have a religion. That's outright impossible for Nations that found a religion upon spawn (India. Persia, Arabia), and nations that spawn with a religion in the cities they flip (Italy, America, Turkey, etc) are reliant on stupidly good RNG.

Also, currently my strategy for a lot of Pagan UHVs is just to make sure to have a settler or two ready to settle if religion ever spreads, do the civ-specific victory condition, and then spam 15 settlers 2 tiles apart from each other, go Despotism, and whip out Pagan Temples.

EDIT: Changed "in their lands" to "in the cities they flip" for clarity

Last edited:
Using the latest nightly.

I can't spread Hinduism to my vassal Thai (get that +20 gold instead of 17). He doesn't run Theocracy but Monasticism. Cause for example I can try spreading Buddhism to south Africa, to be silly.

Attachments

• Rajendra.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
Is it even possible to do the majority of Pagan URVs? They all seem to require the player to not have ever let more than half their cities have a religion. That's outright impossible for Nations that found a religion upon spawn (India. Persia, Arabia), and nations that spawn with a religion in their lands (Italy, America, Turkey, etc) are reliant on stupidly good RNG.

Also, currently my strategy for a lot of Pagan UHVs is just to make sure to have a settler or two ready to settle if religion ever spreads, do the civ-specific victory condition, and then spam 15 settlers 2 tiles apart from each other, go Despotism, and whip out Pagan Temples.
A lot of Middle Age civs like England and Korea spawn without religion in their cities.
Have you tried rushing for Doctrine (or whatever tech that allows Theocracy)?

A lot of Middle Age civs like England and Korea spawn without religion in their cities.
Have you tried rushing for Doctrine (or whatever tech that allows Theocracy)?
Did you even read the post you quoted?

Which commit are you on? Or is it 1.15?

The commit? Like I said, the one that was most current on April 1st, 20:00 CEST.

But I reported the issue with Christianity spreading in South America before, when I was still playing 1.15. So this isn't some unexpected result of recent commits; and it also doesn't happen all that often. Twice in... two dozen games?

Using the latest nightly.
I can't spread Hinduism to my vassal Thai (get that +20 gold instead of 17). He doesn't run Theocracy but Monasticism. Cause for example I can try spreading Buddhism to south Africa, to be silly.

Short version: That's intentional.

Long version: Buddhism is a proselytizing religion, like Christianity and Islam.
Hinduism is not, so like Taoism/Judaism/Confucianism, you are only allowed to spread these to your own cities OR to other civilizations that already have them as their state religion.
This is Leoreth, trying to keep these four religions inside their natural boundaries (no Taoist Europe). The intent is right in my opinion. Your only hope for a Hinduist Thailand is that it spreads there naturally - Thailand is in the historical region for that religion I believe.

Though I think, an exception could be made for treating vassal civs like your own cities. The danger of an Hinduist America are still very very low in that case.

Small thing but after the latest update nightly, playing as Tamil. My cuirassiers all became gendarmes (french) Not to bad (since they only get skills and since they already made they don't got any extras) and cause eventually I'll upgrade them, but a little note.

upload_2019-4-26_17-33-36.png

Also my previous camel gunner became a cuirassier with 7 strength. Save is i think 1 or 2 version back.

Attachments

• Rajendra.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Small thing but after the latest update nightly, playing as Tamil. My cuirassiers all became gendarmes (french) Not to bad (since they only get skills and since they already made they don't got any extras) and cause eventually I'll upgrade them, but a little note.

View attachment 523538

Also my previous camel gunner became a cuirassier with 7 strength. Save is i think 1 or 2 version back.
That's strange, do you also have a save before that happens?

Basically, Huayna Capac showed up in the Apostolic Palace sessions in 1270, right before I was going to build my carracks.

I found the savegame where Catholicism spreads in Tucume once you end the player's turn.

Dunno if that would help debugging. My guess is that it should be possible to introduce a script that prevents old world religions spreading in new world cities before the first-contact-event.
Do you have an earlier save still? There already is Catholic religious influence on the tile.

Do you have an earlier save still? There already is Catholic religious influence on the tile.
Here are saves from turns 210 and 200. If you need any other turns specifically (earlier, between, after), just ask. :)

Attachments

• Julius Caesar AD-0890 Turn 210.CivBeyondSwordSave
    869 KB · Views: 116
  • Julius Caesar AD-0790 Turn 200.CivBeyondSwordSave
    795.6 KB · Views: 112
Thanks. Let's see if the issue is already present there and if we need to go earlier or later.

An example of being unable to return captured cities

I have captured and spared the city of Lahore.
The turns of disorder are over and the city is fully functional.
But I can't gift it to India (my vassal), or Iran, or even liberate it as an independent city.
I have no means of getting rid of the city.

Attachments

• Lahore.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 134
That's strange, do you also have a save before that happens?

No the save before had the same changes and was only 1 turn before. It doesn't break the game but kinda looked a bit like an extra unit was added, altered or removed and the order shifted somehow, dunno. Maybe cause a cavalry unit altered, only their name and picture was changed oddly not the states?

As said it happened after an update and the save was of the update before.

Maybe intended but when China returns they always claim Huanghzou. Does the computer have huge swap areas?

Last edited:

But I can't gift it to India (my vassal), or Iran, or even liberate it as an independent city.

Iran doesn't have historical ties to that city, so they won't take it. The Mughals can be given since it is in their core, but India again has contested claims on the city, so they might not take it for stability reasons. also a few updates ago, there was a new rule takes 10 turns holding a city before you can release it, cause before you could dwindle the city.

The city once was big issue and now tiny giving a -10 razing is serious now, maybe it might need a time duration that decreases their max over time?

Here are saves from turns 210 and 200. If you need any other turns specifically (earlier, between, after), just ask. :)
Thanks. Let's see if the issue is already present there and if we need to go earlier or later.
Looks like I need a save from even earlier than 790.

Cities cannot be traded for the first ten turns after being acquired. Did you get the offer to return it to India on conquest? If you have a save from the conquest I can look into that.

Huh. Is there an easy way to check in world builder how much influence a religion already has in South America? If so, I could check my savegames to pinpoint the right ones for you to check on.

Since Catholicism was founded in AD 245 in Lisbon, I'm just handing you my turn-ends 158 and 175?

Attachments

• Julius Caesar AD-0260 Turn 158a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    613.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Julius Caesar AD-0515 Turn 175.CivBeyondSwordSave
    665.4 KB · Views: 101
Top Bottom