Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I completed the human genome project and no change happened to the towns' yield, they don't yield +1:food:. And no, I'm not running republic. The team data editor didn't show a change in yield either.
Checked and it seems to work:
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0403.JPG

Oh, I assume you started that game and updated while it was going? I introduced a new system to handle different continents (for performance) which is initialised at game start, so it doesn't work in ongoing games. Pleasantly surprised actually that the save was otherwise compatible, looks like my efforts to design for compatibility make a difference.

Yeah it is a save from a week ago then the latest patch. Good it remains compatible ^^

Not sure if a bug or intended.

The food received from Harbour Opera (Sydney Opera) is not taken into account when calculating the extra food from the Supermarket. (See screenshot)

I do have a savegame (from an older git), but a similar situation can easily be recreated using the WB.
The food calculation is correct (fractions are rounded down), there was only an error in the display.

Saves please. Before and after project completion, preferably.

View attachment 523735 View attachment 523736
Although I have captured Constantinople thus making it my Capital,
Konya and Trabizon flipping next turn makes my Capital automatically change to Konya.

Also, Pheonician core change is not depicted in the Stability Map (the image file in the Maps folder).
Do you have the initial save too, before you capture Constantinople and make it your capital? Something is wrong because the game for some reason does not think you have a capital in the save you uploaded, I'd like to find out more how that could happen.

Saves please. Before and after project completion, preferably.

1973 for before; 1974 for after. Reminder that it was played on the clean/dirty energy Git (or maybe the one right after).

Attachments

• Jefferson AD-1973 Turn 453.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 136
  • Jefferson AD-1974 Turn 454.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 103
Thanks.

I also encountered the Ottoman-switching-capital bug that JHLee found. Here are saves and screenshots (one of them is dark, sorry).

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Before Capture.CivBeyondSwordSave
    756.9 KB · Views: 114
  • After Flip.CivBeyondSwordSave
    764.9 KB · Views: 132
1973 for before; 1974 for after. Reminder that it was played on the clean/dirty energy Git (or maybe the one right after).
Wow, I can't believe this bug. I only ever tested it for England and it only worked for England because England and Towns happen to have the same ID.

I also encountered the Ottoman-switching-capital bug that JHLee found. Here are saves and screenshots (one of them is dark, sorry).

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
Okay, got the bug. The issue actually was that the palace was destroyed by the continuous building damage in Constantinople, right before Konya flipped. Since no palace existed anymore, Konya became the new capital. Of course, palaces aren't supposed to be damaged by city conquests, so I fixed that.

Again when declaring war to the Ottomans as Rome at 1400 enough time passed to declare it after spawn. I see 2 troops (1 musketman, 1 pistolier) switching sides under the war of independence. The typical each turn units switch sides issue, not the stack of troops you they get from denying the cities. I gave them the cities at 1300, so they shouldn't get this. Makes a reconquest tricky as it can be 1-2 but also 4-6 troops switching sides in a regular war. After checking again, now two other troops turn coat (ballista and a pistolier).
In the save data it looks as if you had disagreed with the flip. Do you happen to still have the save before this decision is made? Have you disagreed with any other flips in the meantime (probably not considering the timeline)?

In the pedia, when I go to the Chang Suek unit (Thai UU) and click on the Musketeer (in the link on one of its bonusses), I get an error. Somehow it tries to jump to a culture level instead of a unit.

EDIT:
Similar error with the Prussian Fusilier. When I click the the Musketeer in "replaces Musketeer" I got the same error. Clicking on the button of the Musketeer in the "replaces" section works fine.

It seems to only effect the Musketeer and no other units, but I didn't test all units.

Last edited:
In the save data it looks as if you had disagreed with the flip. Do you happen to still have the save before this decision is made? Have you disagreed with any other flips in the meantime (probably not considering the timeline)?

No don't have that save of that cause I agreed with the flip, giving him Constantinople & Athens at 1300, 2 turns after he popped up. I did disagree with the Moors flip in 730,740 and wiped them out in 2 turns by attacking first turn he gets new troops constantly horse archer then but second not), but that went normal he got extra troops and some of troops switched like 6 or so. agreed with the Arab flip and made peace with them since they started with War declared from their side. Spain, France and Spain, England and Hrome I didn't bother with cities in their domains, so no flips there.

Oh yeah at 1300 I also got the Aztec conquista wars :D, if that means anything but that was after the flip.

The Ottoman it is kinda weird cause they usually start at peace and without any cities of their own till 2 turns later everything flips. This is the second run with Rome I had this issue with the Ottomans by the way.

Last edited:
It could be a leftover artifact from the Moorish refusal, I need to check the code again.

After winning a UHV with the Turkic civ, I can't win again with the Ottomans. All UHV conditions appear to be fulfilled but there is no winning screen or anything. I was playing on the commit 943cf85eb69551c2b8aa87d4a313f75774061415.

Attachments

• Mehmed II AD-1800 Turn 528 - Winning doesn't work.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
I think the russian first UHV is not working well or I missed something that I don't know what is. I have build railroads from Moscow to Ajan (who is a siberian port) before 1920 (1918 to be more precise) and yet I failed the requirement. Save attached.

Attachments

• Peter AD-1918 Turn 406.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 130
I think the russian first UHV is not working well or I missed something that I don't know what is. I have build railroads from Moscow to Ajan (who is a siberian port) before 1920 (1918 to be more precise) and yet I failed the requirement. Save attached.
I think it has to be completely covered by your culture. At least that's how the Turkic Silk Road UHV works.

Maybe not a bug but starting Korea at 3rd turn 4 horse archers jump up next to your area, then another 3 turns later another 4 stack... Slowly dwindling you meager forces down at the start...

Cause for a force of a few archer, 1 swordsman even in a forest it is hard, your horseman is useless mostly... I'll restart and see if it happens again...

The effect can be reduced by building Pyongyang (1 spot above the pig). Making them go a little further away when they spawn but to put 2 proper cities in Korea's core it is finicky. Every 5 turns the Horse archer rush in korea might be a little backwards in technology to even get printing first.

Save is the second stack of Horse Archers.

Attachments

• Wang Kon.CivBeyondSwordSave
    572.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Top Bottom