Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Persia game I collapsed and faced some weird behavior. Previously I would just see a "You have been defeated!" message after all my cities go independent or flip, I assume this is what's supposed to happen in DoC as civil wars are no more. From save Cyrus AD-1360 when I collapse most of my cities go barbarian but I get some error messages and weirdly some cities in Anatolia are spared. Save attached, collapse should occur next turn.

Congresses have been pretty buggy. I'm playing as America from 1700AD right now and getting inconsistent errors that I'm having difficulty reproducing. I've attached screenshots of some of the errors I've gotten - all of the files beginning with "congress" show errors that appeared after a complete round of voting. Sometimes voting goes fine though. The screenshot "world congress0000" shows an error I've gotten a few times from my America save (AutoSave_AD-1823 Turn 362) after the World Congress prompt, before voting starts, or right before the prompt where the player selects a city to request.
Do you have the previous turn for that Congress save?

The resourcespawns on marathon and epic speed happen on the same turns as in on normal speed.

[Alt-X], the cityradius preset, just gives me this errormessage.

Attachments

• Anmerkung 2020-07-08 192215.png
    Anmerkung 2020-07-08 192215.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 128
Alright. Thought there might have been a misleading note.

And a third one, the toogle stabilty overlay doesn't show all foreign cores.
Can you be more specific, or give an example? Which foreign cores are not shown?

Can you be more specific, or give an example? Which foreign cores are not shown?
Can't really see an system behind which are shown and which are not.
In the 1700 scenario as India it displays only the turkish and tamil (as contested) foreign cores.
It's just the toogled display tho, when i mouseover a tile it shows everything right.

The two cities Turkestan starts with in the 1700 AD scenario (Khiva and Bukhara) not only don't match their accurate locations, they (Bukhara at least) also have their city name on a completely different tile.

I think this is the culprit. I believe the alive() and where() part combined results in player.isAlive() AND player.canEverRespawn(), while it used to be player.isAlive() OR player.canEverRespawn().

Code:
otherplayers = players.major().alive().without(iPlayer).where(lambda p: canEverRespawn(p))

FIX?
otherplayers = players.major().without(iPlayer).where(lambda p: canEverRespawn(p) or player(p).isAlive())

Spoiler Code before core was introduced :
Code:
    def isPossibleForeignCore(self, iPlayer, tPlot):
        x, y = tPlot
        plot = gc.getMap().plot(x, y)
        for iLoopPlayer in range(iNumPlayers):
            if iLoopPlayer == iPlayer: continue
            if not gc.getPlayer(iLoopPlayer).isAlive() and not self.canEverRespawn(iLoopPlayer): continue
            if plot.isCore(iLoopPlayer):
                return True
        return False

BTW, it seems that the last commit is not pushed.

Hello, playing a game as the Byzantines and successful fought off the Ottoman spawn. Several turns later, the Ottomans respawned with one city in Tabriz, which is a noncore city. I assume this is unintended. This occured from the collapse of the Mongols who held the city. Attached is the autosave from the beginning of the turn as well as an autosave from the beginning of the previous turn, before the autosave.

Thanks and stay well.
Two things wrong in this situation:
- I don't think the Ottomans should have been able to respawn so shortly after their collapse. I noticed the counter for the last alive turn was broken, so a lot of checks that should prevent things for recently collapsed civs were not working as well
- Tabriz should have never been in the Ottoman respawn area, I have shrunk it a bit to only encompass Thrace and Anatolia

There are several errors in the maximum value of UHV territorial goals of Italy, Persia, Mongolia, Turks and France in their Victory Conditions screen.

Steel Industry is spreading too early in England and France without any civilization having researched Metallurgy
Civ4ScreenShot0387.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0388.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0383.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0385.JPG
Canada and Argentina Victory Conditions screen doesn't show all types of victories and is missing some of the UHV goals. Also, both begin with this error in the image and every turn after the first appears this notification.
Civ4ScreenShot0397.JPG

Do you have a save where end turn reproduces this error?
Here they are. Also I have found more bugs:
In 1700 scenario, England starts with catolicism as state religion.

Khmer begins with the dynamic name "Kampuchean Empire" instead of Khmer Empire. Mongolia changes its dynamic name to "Chagatai Khanate" after conquest of Beijing and the Mongolia AI doesn't spawn their conqueror event. The same with the Turks AI.

When Byzantion loses their capital, the dynamic name changes to "Despotate of Byzantion" instead of "Despotate of the Morea".

Attachments

• MacDonald AD-1870 Turn 382.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
  • San Martin AD-1811 Turn 358.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Thanks. That's a lot of stuff, glad I can fix it.

Some babarian units in china get damaged every turn and i can't see why they would. Save attached.

Also it seems like all civilization collapse right now into babarian instead of independnt cities, aswell hanoi spawns (one turn afer the save) as babarian city.
Is that intended?

There is an error in the khmer victory condition.

Attachments

• Suryavarman II AD-0864 Turn 615.CivBeyondSwordSave
    870.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Anmerkung 2020-07-13 204931.png
    Anmerkung 2020-07-13 204931.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 96
Top Bottom