Bug Reports and Technical Issues

There's a Barbarian (actually not labeled as being barbarian, though they fly the barb flag once they leave the city) Oghuz chilling in Ikonion as if they have military access.

Attachments

• Justinian I AD-0816 Turn 305.CivBeyondSwordSave
    396.1 KB · Views: 55
If Mexico City doesn't exist, is it possible that the Mexican civ will spawn at another city (say 2N of the Rio Grande delta) and not flip the rest of the barbarian/native/indie cities? Or is this a bug?
Is that something that happened to you? No flip sounds like a bug, can you show me this in a save?

There's a Barbarian (actually not labeled as being barbarian, though they fly the barb flag once they leave the city) Oghuz chilling in Ikonion as if they have military access.
Is it possible that this is a Turkic Oghuz that is displayed to you as barbarian, being able to enter Ikonion due to their open borders with Byzantium?

Step one then is closing borders with them. It will not keep their barbarian flagged units from your territory but prevents them from seeking refuge in your cities.

Is that something that happened to you? No flip sounds like a bug, can you show me this in a save?

Yeah, I think it's a bug because playing as America after I conquered the sole Mexican city in Texas and even after I conquered all of historic Mexican territory the UHV still registered as not having controlled or vassalized Mexico so seems something is up. Unfortunately, by the time I noticed that Mexico only had one city the autosave file before their no flip had already been purged. Would a later save file be useful?

I don't think that this save would be useful for that. But the goal also seems broken, so I would like to look at it regardless.

Not sure if a bug.

But i can build settlers in Lissabon with capital in Carthage, as if there on the same continent.

Attachments

• Hannibal BC-0299 Turn 368.CivBeyondSwordSave
    426.1 KB · Views: 43
They are.

Bug reagarding the founding of catholicism witch an orthodox cathedral.

Edit: Not sure but shouldn't me converting away from orthodox in this save also pop the great schism event?

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0772 Turn 592.CivBeyondSwordSave
    746.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Anmerkung 2020-08-12 201930.png
    Anmerkung 2020-08-12 201930.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I don't think that this save would be useful for that. But the goal also seems broken, so I would like to look at it regardless.
Nevermind the UHV worked in the end, perhaps it just doesn't register until the deadline?

Good to know, but if the display isn't working correctly I still have to fix it. No point of displaying progress if it is only correct when you meet the goal, or don't.

Edit: in other words, a save of the situation would still be useful. Especially from before the goal is formally completed.

Civ4ScreenShot0077.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0078.JPG
Map display bug for the French UP: Tiles in North Africa, not North America, are marked as "North America" region.

The percentage counter in the Victory Screen goes up correctly (i.e. checks tiles in North America) though.

Attachments

• technically they ARE both NA.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
Again an Error message regarding the schism.

I have no save for now tho. Will post it if i get one.

Attachments

• Anmerkung 2020-08-14 135354.png
    Anmerkung 2020-08-14 135354.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 29
It also helps if you enable Python exceptions (see first post) and screenshot the error message.

Just got it again.

Stil no save.

Attachments

• Anmerkung 2020-08-14 152231.png
    Anmerkung 2020-08-14 152231.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Anmerkung 2020-08-14 152201.png
    Anmerkung 2020-08-14 152201.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Anmerkung 2020-08-14 152317.png
    Anmerkung 2020-08-14 152317.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Anmerkung 2020-08-14 152423.png
    Anmerkung 2020-08-14 152423.png
    137 KB · Views: 37
Thanks, I think no save is needed then.

Good to know, but if the display isn't working correctly I still have to fix it. No point of displaying progress if it is only correct when you meet the goal, or don't.

Edit: in other words, a save of the situation would still be useful. Especially from before the goal is formally completed.
This should do, all of Mexico is conquered (as far as I can tell) and it does not display as successful.

Attachments

• America 1882.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/modmod-sunset-of-civilization.640028/page-9

I got bugs reported in knoedel's sunset modmod with added autosave, never encountered this bulk of bug messages stating about the wrong number of research for Carthage's cities, started after conquering their old capital in Phoenicia. Doesn't break game, though.

If it is something Dawn also has might be fixed already in a nightly? :)

I am working on this bug right now, but a save from another mod is useless for that.

Top Bottom