Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Don't know if this is a common bug or it just depends on my PC. I keep getting crashes after UHV conditions realize. It now happened with both Egypt and Maya. No matter how many times I try to reload the save a few turns before the victory, it keeps happening.
I won in different ways though (time, domination) and via UHV with Italy before, so I really don't understand the problem here..

Please upload a save from before this happens.

Is there any way to block the Collapse Auto Save? I don't know if this happens only to me but whenever a civilization collapses it auto saves it in a folder called collapses in the Saves\single folder.
In the develop branch?

Don't know if this is a common bug or it just depends on my PC. I keep getting crashes after UHV conditions realize. It now happened with both Egypt and Maya. No matter how many times I try to reload the save a few turns before the victory, it keeps happening.
I won in different ways though (time, domination) and via UHV with Italy before, so I really don't understand the problem here..
That happened to me as well with Maya! But it only happened the first 2 times I won with UHV the 3rd time it didn't happen.
I think the reason is that it can't find the victory sound so you will have to manually copy the Victory.mp3 or whatever it's called and paste it into the correct folder.

I'm not sure what the develop branch means but I installed DoC once at the beginning of July and haven't updated since.
It has long been removed on git.

Got a weird one here, two of my cities were building castles as I researched the tech that obsoletes them, instead of being removed from the construction queue, they remain there and generate free money every turn. I'm currently getting 25 gold a turn for free, not that I'm complaining :p
What version is this on? Or the develop branch? I cannot open the save with any conceivable state of the mod.

Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG
Greetings from Vekkimaster! It has been over seven months since I last played this mod or any other videogame to be honest :eek: So I might a bit clueless what has been happening with the mod...lots of small bug fixes by Leoreth what I read. But here is a couple of more to add:

The save is a turn away from a nation resurrection that gives a bunch of error messages. Have never seen likes ones even I have played this mod for years and years.

The pic says to control a certain % of a catholic world. I think it is safe to say that this time it may be impossible :crazyeye::lol: (this anomaly has been from the beginning)

Downloaded a new developing .zip yesterday.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar AD-1628 Turn 465.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
Please upload a save from before this happens.

That happened to me as well with Maya! But it only happened the first 2 times I won with UHV the 3rd time it didn't happen.
I think the reason is that it can't find the victory sound so you will have to manually copy the Victory.mp3 or whatever it's called and paste it into the correct folder.

I didn't try to change anything but it could be.. I remember it actually happened to me in a domination victory with Russia. That time I reloaded a couple of times and it eventually worked. Anyway, I upload here a save a few turns before the UHV with egypt, thanks!

Attachments

• Ramesses II AD-0125 Turn 149.CivBeyondSwordSave
    451.6 KB · Views: 26
I didn't try to change anything but it could be.. I remember it actually happened to me in a domination victory with Russia. That time I reloaded a couple of times and it eventually worked. Anyway, I upload here a save a few turns before the UHV with egypt, thanks!
When that happened to me I just saved it 1 turn before winning and when the game crashed I just opened the save and the second time it wouldn't crash.

When that happened to me I just saved it 1 turn before winning and when the game crashed I just opened the save and the second time it wouldn't crash.
Can you guys confirm which version you were on? The save appears to be from 1.16.0, 1.16.1 or 1.16.2. Sorry to be harping on this but the victory soundtrack file name changed inbetween those versions, but it appears to be consistent in each of these versions. Don't want to dig deeper into the wrong version.

Alternatively, if you go to Assets/Sounds/Soundtrack, do you have Victory.mp3 or VictoryRFC.mp3?

Can you guys confirm which version you were on?
I have installed Dawn of Civilization around the end of June and haven't updated since. But I will definitely update as soon as I can!
Alternatively, if you go to Assets/Sounds/Soundtrack, do you have Victory.mp3 or VictoryRFC.mp3?
If I go into Sounds/Soundtrack there is a file named VictoryRFC.mp3.

You mentioned having to copy a file to make things work, what exactly did you do?

You mentioned having to copy a file to make things work, what exactly did you do?
I didn't actually copy the file. I was assuming it needed to be copied because the error said "Victory sound not found" so probably the path was wrong or something. I'm sure it's probably fixed in the newer version though.

I am currently trying to confirm that. The problem is that, once again, it doesn't break for me in the save provided, so it cannot just be a file paths error.

Alright, that is the latest state that should be working. Are you still running into this problem?

This is a check up on Prussian UP considering "upgraded troops keep their exp". Is it really a unique power because in my previous game with Byzantium IMO the system works the same way with both nations..:confused:

Last time I played this mod (seven months ago) there was an inflation of experience when upgrading your troops...has this system changed since.

EDIT. typos

Last edited:
Top Bottom