1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Is there any way to block the Collapse Auto Save? I don't know if this happens only to me but whenever a civilization collapses it auto saves it in a folder called collapses in the Saves\single folder.

Leoreth likes this.
  2. ganker14

ganker14 Chieftain

Don't know if this is a common bug or it just depends on my PC. I keep getting crashes after UHV conditions realize. It now happened with both Egypt and Maya. No matter how many times I try to reload the save a few turns before the victory, it keeps happening.
    I won in different ways though (time, domination) and via UHV with Italy before, so I really don't understand the problem here..

3. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Please upload a save from before this happens.

4. Leoreth

In the develop branch?

5. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

That happened to me as well with Maya! But it only happened the first 2 times I won with UHV the 3rd time it didn't happen.
    I think the reason is that it can't find the victory sound so you will have to manually copy the Victory.mp3 or whatever it's called and paste it into the correct folder.

6. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

I'm not sure what the develop branch means but I installed DoC once at the beginning of July and haven't updated since.

7. Leoreth

It has long been removed on git.

Louis the XIV likes this.
  8. Leoreth

What version is this on? Or the develop branch? I cannot open the save with any conceivable state of the mod.

9. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Warlord

Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG
    Greetings from Vekkimaster! It has been over seven months since I last played this mod or any other videogame to be honest :eek: So I might a bit clueless what has been happening with the mod...lots of small bug fixes by Leoreth what I read. But here is a couple of more to add:

The save is a turn away from a nation resurrection that gives a bunch of error messages. Have never seen likes ones even I have played this mod for years and years.

The pic says to control a certain % of a catholic world. I think it is safe to say that this time it may be impossible :crazyeye::lol: (this anomaly has been from the beginning)

Downloaded a new developing .zip yesterday.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  10. ganker14

ganker14 Chieftain

I didn't try to change anything but it could be.. I remember it actually happened to me in a domination victory with Russia. That time I reloaded a couple of times and it eventually worked. Anyway, I upload here a save a few turns before the UHV with egypt, thanks!

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  11. Prester_John

Prester_John Chieftain

Can confirm I'm still getting the same result (the error). I'll try reinstalling DoC.

Leoreth likes this.
  12. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

When that happened to me I just saved it 1 turn before winning and when the game crashed I just opened the save and the second time it wouldn't crash.

13. Leoreth

Can you guys confirm which version you were on? The save appears to be from 1.16.0, 1.16.1 or 1.16.2. Sorry to be harping on this but the victory soundtrack file name changed inbetween those versions, but it appears to be consistent in each of these versions. Don't want to dig deeper into the wrong version.

14. Leoreth

Alternatively, if you go to Assets/Sounds/Soundtrack, do you have Victory.mp3 or VictoryRFC.mp3?

15. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

I have installed Dawn of Civilization around the end of June and haven't updated since. But I will definitely update as soon as I can!
    If I go into Sounds/Soundtrack there is a file named VictoryRFC.mp3.

Leoreth likes this.
  16. Leoreth

You mentioned having to copy a file to make things work, what exactly did you do?

17. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

I didn't actually copy the file. I was assuming it needed to be copied because the error said "Victory sound not found" so probably the path was wrong or something. I'm sure it's probably fixed in the newer version though.

18. Leoreth

I am currently trying to confirm that. The problem is that, once again, it doesn't break for me in the save provided, so it cannot just be a file paths error.

19. ganker14

ganker14 Chieftain

I just checked and i have VictoryRFC.mp3

20. Leoreth

Alright, that is the latest state that should be working. Are you still running into this problem?