Bug Reports and Technical Issues

All units always keep some experience. The amount of experience lost between upgrades is proportional to the strength difference between the old and the new unit. The Prussian power instead allows upgraded units to retain all of their experience.

Is that not what happens in your experience? Can you share a save with a concrete example?

Getting some python errors that I haven't seen before during turn processing. Latest git version, from today
By the way, is it intentional that there are no horses in Mexico in the 1800s?

Attachments

• Juarez AD-1832 Turn 365.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
Hello,

I recently built the Sagrada Familia in my most productive city and I was excited to see how much gold I could generate off of it.

However, when my GDP didn't go up, I started looking around in the city view and I don't the +25% of Hammers is getting added to the city's output.

Is this a bug? Or is the commerce getting generated elsewhere?
upload_2020-11-23_22-29-32.png

All units always keep some experience. The amount of experience lost between upgrades is proportional to the strength difference between the old and the new unit. The Prussian power instead allows upgraded units to retain all of their experience.

Is that not what happens in your experience? Can you share a save with a concrete example?

I checked my game with the Byzantium and yes, you are correct. Experience through upgraded units works as intended. I just had a funny feeling that there was like a zero lack of lost exp points while upgrading...maybe that seven months without this mod had me there :lol:

Hello,

I recently built the Sagrada Familia in my most productive city and I was excited to see how much gold I could generate off of it.

However, when my GDP didn't go up, I started looking around in the city view and I don't the +25% of Hammers is getting added to the city's output.

Is this a bug? Or is the commerce getting generated elsewhere?
View attachment 576352
I admit this is not sufficiently clear, but "converted to" refers to the "build gold/science/culture" processes. Those are literally called "process" in the code, but the game doesn't actually call them that, so that was not really an option. So to clarify, whenever you run "build X" in any city, you will receive +25% more than before. I will try to come up with a better way to phrase this that isn't too awkward.

I checked my game with the Byzantium and yes, you are correct. Experience through upgraded units works as intended. I just had a funny feeling that there was like a zero lack of lost exp points while upgrading...maybe that seven months without this mod had me there :lol:
Well, that's good to know too. When I first introduced this, a lot of people felt cheated out of their unit experience, but apparently it's not so bad that it's immediately noticeable. I honestly think the ability to promote again is a buff in some senses.

upload_2020-11-24_19-6-6.png

Please take a notice UHV part 2. Then check the year in progress. When I hit the 1940AD there was a failure notice, but it said part 1 (previously 1900AD).

No, unless you use an emulator like Wine. I cannot give any advice/support on how to set that up, though.

I have problem.
I play on CIV benyon sword on wine with RFC DOC addon.
When I play civ with addon. I don't see lower interface bar not counting the minimap

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu z 2020-11-25 11-19-50.png
    Zrzut ekranu z 2020-11-25 11-19-50.png
    982 KB · Views: 31
As I said, I cannot support you trying to get the mod to run in Wine. I assume that your graphics driver fails to render the rest of the game.

Ok,
I switched to a virtual machine where in civilization with this mod the mouse is not displayed.

Attachments

• problem2.png
    problem2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
Lots of error messages comes when I complete a wonder/technology. The save is 2 turns away from this.

Attachments

• Frederick AD-2009-January Turn 728.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
There might be something wrong with the privateer-unit because I couldn't attack East Indiaman-unit nor get money from blockade..:confused: Worth checking.

Save attached and look for the unit next to Barcelona.

Updated patch two days ago.

EDIT 1. Seems that a blockade is not a blockade at all (sea tiles)...so definitely a bug there.

EDIT 2. Ok, so I can blockade Turkish coast, but not Spanish.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar AD-1684 Turn 479.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Last turn of the game - end turn - the game "freezes". I can still move the screen, but that's about it. Game will never end. And no spinning globe-cursor.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar AD-2019-July Turn 749a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3 MB · Views: 24
I've built a continuous railroad from Moscow to Nelkan, a Siberian port city, but the UHV goal is not receiving a check mark. Should I provide a save?

First checks: is the entire railroad covered by your culture? Have you founded Moscow away from the spawn plot? Is Nelkan specifically marked as Siberian coast in the tile tooltip?

Oh, I see. I didn't colonise parts of deeper Siberia, so some of the railroad is not inside my territory.
On another note, the Russian third UHV goal reads as "Friendly communist civilisations: 5 / ???"

Hi there,

My understanding of the respawn system is that if I have overall positive stability, I should not have any civs revolt. Not sure if that's accurate. Ending the attached turn causes the Netherlands to respawn while I have +9 stability.

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1878-January Turn 1140.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Where does it state that you are protected from respawns with positive stability score? Will check regardless.

Where does it state that you are protected from respawns with positive stability score? Will check regardless.
Isn't that how it used to work? That if you're shaky or less nations have a chance to respawn from under you? I could have sworn I saw something about that in the Rise and Fall code.

Top Bottom