1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Is the save from before you research the tech?

2. Ohioan

Ohioan Chieftain

So I downloaded the mod and I believe I put it in the right file but it says it's in the wrong mod directory. Here's a screenshot of where it is, what am I doing wrong? Thanks a lot!

Attached Files:

• RFC.PNG
      RFC.PNG
      File size:
      36.9 KB
      Views:
  3. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Have you installed the mod (by running that .exe file)? Or did you just place that file in the mod directory?

If you already did install the mod, search where the mod is installed (likely in Documents/my games). The installed mod is a folder and not an .exe file, like the other mods in the screenshot.

If you haven't run the exe yet, simply run the .exe to install the mod. And make sure the mod installs itself in the folder on your screenshot. It should install it in the correct folder automatically, but I recommend checking it yourself to be sure.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  4. Ohioan

Ohioan Chieftain

I've already installed it but I can't find the folder anywhere.

5. Leoreth

Run the installer again, it should let you remove the mod. Then run it again for another install, and check the suggested location before you continue. The autodetected mod directory is sometimes incorrect. You can manually correct it.

Ohioan likes this.
  6. Ohioan

Ohioan Chieftain

Okay, how do you change the suggested location? I don't see any options to do so.

7. Leoreth

I thought the installer would give you a choice where the mod would be installed, only prefilling it with the automatically detected location. Apparently, that is not the case. I will see if I can change that in the future. Until then, do you know where the mod may have been installed?

8. Ohioan

Ohioan Chieftain

I reinstalled the installer and now it has it going to the right place but I still get the same error message.

9. Leoreth

Can you show the directory?

10. brett0007

brett0007 Warlord

Here is a save from beforehand, but I noticed something even weirder, I don't actually have urban planning at any point. The trigger for the bug seems to be reaching the industrial era. The turn after reaching it is when it starts. i've found an autosave that replicates the bug every time you let the research complete.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  11. Leoreth

Hm. The only thing I can think of that might be related to is an event expiring, but that seems far fetched. Well, I guess I'll find out.

12. Ohioan

Ohioan Chieftain

The error message says "MODS/RFC" is the wrong directory but it's under the BTS/BTS/MODS folder

13. Leoreth

BtS/BtS/Mods doesn't look right.

14. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Chieftain

Is it normal for the Temple of Solomon not to spawn during the 3000 B.C. start? Weren't it suppose to spawn at the same time Judaism is founded?

15. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

I believe it is normal for the Temple of Solomon to not be built automatically. The Persians have a goal of controlling two shrines, and if the Jewish shrine were built automatically, that would be too easy for them I think.

16. Leoreth

Looked into this save, and found that the cause has already been fixed in the development branch. I still have attached the next turn.

Attached Files:

ThreeBlackSevens likes this.
  17. Leoreth

I don't run into this error, advancing way past the turn where it shows up in your screenshots. Do you have a particular series of steps to reproduce it? Or reproduce it yourself and save right before the crash occurs? Otherwise I cannot do much from here.

18. Leoreth

Unfortunately, this does not reproduce for me. I let the city be taken by the Mongols, but no error comes up.

19. Prester_John

Prester_John Chieftain

HMM... you're on 1.16, not a development version, right? I guess I could try reinstalling DoC. Or Civ4 itself. Is there a canonical guide on here somewhere for making sure your underlying Civ4 install is updated for DoC? Trying to think what else could account for the failure to replicate. Does Civ/DoC store or cache anything relevant outside of the normal installation directory that I could flush?

20. Leoreth

Yes, 1.16. The save would not open for me in develop. Can you first see if the error still reproduces from your own save?