Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Glad to hear it works now. I suspected something like this. I added the location the installer chooses to its workflow, so you can at least see when it tries to install to an unexpected location.

Thanks again. Got to play a little today. You've done a lot since I last played it four years again. It's awesome!

Alright, that is the latest state that should be working. Are you still running into this problem?

Hey, sorry for answering late: anyway I tried a few times and it seems that the issue was actually related to the music, yet not specifically to that victory music file. I tried with two different victories, and the bug didn't show up when I turned off the master volume. I don't know if this makes sense, anyway I checked four times in a row for both victories and the pattern always repeated, so it might be.

Btw, I did all of this in the new version (should be 1.16.3)

Oh, that's important information, thanks. Maybe the game is trying to load a different file I am not aware of.

Excuse me for bringing it up again if you haven't gotten to this yet, but I played a few Portuguese games recently where this error didn't popup, and just now it popped up again, whenever I ask Spain what they're willing to give me for my wine.
Spoiler Python Exception :
20201211194758_1.jpg

Attachments

• Python Exception.CivBeyondSwordSave
    675.7 KB · Views: 29
The last time this happened I couldn't reproduce it, hold the phone. I will look into this tomorrow.

I have a weird problem... when I load up BTS I can load the mod Dawn of Civilization, but then when after I do that the mode doesn't appear as a playable scenario.

edit:

advanced-load mod -dawn of civilization that works. Then after it loads it up the mod doesn't appear in beyond the sword content or play a scenario.

Where is the mod folder located?

I got a number of small errors upon birth of Argentina and Mexico in my last China game (same turn). Flip for Mexico works, I agree to flip for Argentina but then nothing happens. I believe this is where a python error fires, complaining of something generic like "global variable x is not defined" (paraphrased). Next turn same event fires, I agree and the city flips then. The turn after I get a notification that [Blank] city wants to flip once again. I deny (figure that's safer) and thankfully nothing seems to go wrong. This all looks pretty low priority but I figure it's related to your recent Rise and Fall rework so I figured I'd mention it.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
Is that from before the first error occurs?

Excuse me for bringing it up again if you haven't gotten to this yet, but I played a few Portuguese games recently where this error didn't popup, and just now it popped up again, whenever I ask Spain what they're willing to give me for my wine.
Spoiler Python Exception :
The last time this happened I couldn't reproduce it, hold the phone. I will look into this tomorrow.
Still cannot reproduce this.

Hm. CvDiplomacy mentioned in the stacktrace isn't even included in the mod. Did you make changes to the game files by any chance?

I think I stumbled on a bug. Playing with Rome I had a stack consisting of a few Legionnaires and a Great Artist located in Greek Territories. On the next turn, their empire collapsed and the territories became neutral - my stack was teleported as it should be, but the Great Artist disappeared. I have a save in case it is needed.

Yes, please upload a save from before their collapse.

Yes, please upload a save from before their collapse.
Here is the save file. The stack in question is just 2 tiles to the right of Pompeii in the ships.

I just unloaded the ships like this and ended my turn, it teleported them to the tile right of Pompeii - weirdly this bug appeared only on the first two loads of the save, the bug no longer appeared after I tested a few more times):

Attachments

• test.CivBeyondSwordSave
    453.3 KB · Views: 24
That's strange. There is some randomness involved but it should still play out the same every time from the same save and situation. I will try to reproduce it myself and see if it happens.

Where is the mod folder located?

Sorry, didn't see this until now because I didn't get a notification.

D:\steam games\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I have not. That is weird! Should I try re-installing the mod or something?
You can check if your mod installation contains a file CvDiplomacy anywhere in Assets/Python. Otherwise reinstalling the game is more likely to help. But I really am guessing here.

Sorry, didn't see this until now because I didn't get a notification.

D:\steam games\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods
No that looks right, but I see that you are using Steam. Have you set your Steam installation to be compatible with mods? See the FAQ part of the Welcome to DoC thread for details.

No that looks right, but I see that you are using Steam. Have you set your Steam installation to be compatible with mods? See the FAQ part of the Welcome to DoC thread for details.

Here?

I see nothing mentioning that.

Top Bottom