Bug Reports and Technical Issues

You're right, it's in this thread. See here.

Hey, sorry for answering late: anyway I tried a few times and it seems that the issue was actually related to the music, yet not specifically to that victory music file. I tried with two different victories, and the bug didn't show up when I turned off the master volume. I don't know if this makes sense, anyway I checked four times in a row for both victories and the pattern always repeated, so it might be.

Btw, I did all of this in the new version (should be 1.16.3)
So I tried again with music on, and the error reproduced exactly once from the earlier Egypt save you uploaded. Unfortunately I did not have a debug DLL active at the time to learn anything about the crash. Do you have another save that is one turn from victory and reliably causes the error for you?

You're right, it's in this thread. See here.

I don't see a betas tab. I get "general, sharing, security, previous versions, customize" under the properties

I don't see a betas tab. I get "general, sharing, security, previous versions, customize" under the properties
Strange. Can you share a screenshot? This is what it looks like for me:

Civ4Beta.png

Ha, I was using file explorer not steam itself no wonder. But I made that adjustment and the problem still exists.

Does playing the development version require you to have the main mod installed?

Everything looks fine for me.
Looks like this only happens with certain Civilizations in the 3000 BC scenario. And it's not only their cities but every city in the world is invisible. I have tested and seen this happens with late civilizations like Japan, England. On the other side - it's okay with Egypt and Rome.

This is with 1.16.3 and VD.

Didn't try 3000 BC, will have another look.

Yeah, but if your mod does not contain CvDiplomacy, you will need to reinstall the game to make a difference.

It is. Good to know, thanks for the update.

Yeah, sorry for not being clear. If anything is wrong in that file it cannot be in the mod because the mod doesn't have it. So the one in the base game is used.

Good news, I finally got everything to work.

Hello!

I downloaded the mod a few hours ago. I get many error messages when starting a new game in French. Everything is fine in English. It seems to be related to accented characters.

Thanks for any help.

Image 004.png

Hey, thanks for downloading the mod. Support for languages besides English is limited, and sometimes unexpected unicode characters are not properly handled. Thanks for reporting this, I will give it a look. If possible, it is more stable to play with the English version.

Top Bottom