Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Could be that this is what applies to the AI, I will check.

I'm not able to export altered maps from World Builder

Attachments

• image_2021-03-15_191031.png
    image_2021-03-15_191031.png
    293.7 KB · Views: 30
The Mongol horde in Russia, are their spawn fixed on 2E of a city? By placing a unit on that tile and then making contact with Mongol you can deny the horde spawn.

I'm not able to export altered maps from World Builder
Does the path mentioned in this error message exist in your OS? Does it match your mod directory location?

The Mongol horde in Russia, are their spawn fixed on 2E of a city? By placing a unit on that tile and then making contact with Mongol you can deny the horde spawn.
That's not the intent, will check.

Does the path mentioned in this error message exist in your OS? Does it match your mod directory location?
Thanks! We're adjusting my ADD meds so I must have added a space in the folder. I'm trying to add an expanded Canada zone if the British hang on to New York and Boston, I'd do that through periods right?

Core area? Yes, that would be the easiest way to implement that.

Pre-Bugreport question: Is that textfile up to date, or should I report it as a bug when I am playing a solid Rome and Byzantium spawns to take away half my empire?
Could be that this is what applies to the AI, I will check.
Checked and no, that's not supposed to happen. Do you have a save where this happens?

I received this python exception after I denied the Mughals my city in China during a congress. Save from the turn before congress attached.
Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG

Another bug is these pythons exceptions that have show up after China collapses. Images attached.
Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga AD-1876 (congress error next turn) Turn 385.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Do you have a save for the second one too?

Every time you post something, I'm thinking "I thought this guy died."

Belkar has been prophesied to die soon for years.

Checked and no, that's not supposed to happen. Do you have a save where this happens?

Okay then, here you go: Byzantium spawning while playing a Stable Rome (1.16.3, Regent diff, Normal speed)
Thanks for looking into it :)

Attachments

• Julius Caenyar AD-0320 Turn 162.CivBeyondSwordSave
    686.6 KB · Views: 21
Some civs like Indonesia and Inca/Peru respawn with a medieval tech tree no matter how late they are in the game. I'm attaching a save right before Sweden collapses, triggering a respawn because they owned a city in Indonesia.

I am not sure if it will happen to you because last time I tried Indonesia didn't respawn but the issues I want to address are:
1. Is it intentional that respawns take all cities with them even when owned by stable nations?
2. Most importantly, is it intentional that they're so behind in technology when respawning?

Attachments

• Indonesia may or may not respawn 1906 Turn 400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
I am not sure if it will happen to you because last time I tried Indonesia didn't respawn but the issues I want to address are:
1. Is it intentional that respawns take all cities with them even when owned by stable nations?
2. Most importantly, is it intentional that they're so behind in technology when respawning?
1. It doesn't always happen. But if a respawn takes almost all eligible cities they receive the remaining cities regardless of the circumstances to prevent weird territorial fragmentation.
2. Not intentional in that sense. The technology they receive depends on the techs of other civs in their tech group, civs their cities are close to, and independents. I guess what happens to Indonesia specifically is that they respawn when not enough other civs whose techs they could receive are around, and independents are too backwards (which is another problem in itself). I will look into your example to see if I can improve things.

Okay then, here you go: Byzantium spawning while playing a Stable Rome (1.16.3, Regent diff, Normal speed)
Thanks for looking into it :)
You're stable in this save.

Exactly. Documented condition is "alive and unstable".

that is, I thought I was solid, but the exact stability level was probably changing right then.

Oh I see. Yeah, then the docs are wrong.

Hi Leoreth, I'm really trying my darndest to break your game here.

I wanted to make sure I finally get a Congolese UHV victory, and used the 3000 BC Romans as the precursor civilisation, settling the entire South Africa, making sure it is Catholic, while the Europeans were delayed in that religion (everyone up to Poland started as Orthodox, but they converted anyway once I had to spread Catholicism to Rome.).
Spoiler So here is glorious Southern Rome: :

Rome was Islamic for a long while, and built the Mezquita, and the Spiral Minaret. Then an Orthodox Cathedral in Mina Spiralis, causing all religious buildings there to be removed and Christianity to be founded in Zambia!
Civ4ScreenShot0207.JPG

Next, there was opportunity for some Catholic wonders down there: Notre Dame, Santa Maria del Fiore, Sistine Chapel, Versailles. Everything built honestly as the Romans. Not enough time to finish San Marco before the flip, sadly.
Civ4ScreenShot0209.JPG
So yes, I went a bit overboard with the idea, but it looked so good.

Alas, the handover to Congo fails dramatically: Congo gets a start with not a single technology (they research Tannery in their first turn). I still attempted to salvage the game, but got the exceptions right upon ending the turn.
Spoiler Exception-screen :
Civ4ScreenShot0211.JPG

So I can imagine multiple reasons since you probably didn't account for such a flipped situation.

My next-best precursor civ to get a Congolese victory would be the Vikings, but I think it might be best if I first learn what went wrong here.
Save-game one turn before the flip is attached.

Attachments

• Enya Augustus AD-1380 Turn 259.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Top Bottom