Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Are you sure the git repository is actually used as the mod? If you run git status, are any files shown in conflict?

Well, it's a bit embarrassing but yes I had two versions of the mod that were mapped to the same name. It's showing the buttons now, however I'm crashing to desktop upon loading a game. 3000 BC China specifically.

I'm uploading the only log that I see that looks like it has any info on it, although it doesn't look particularly useful either.

Attachments

• PythonErr2.txt
    74.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
"Loading" means starting a new game? Or loading a saved game?

Sorry, to confirm it happens at the first possible instant of trying to start a new game during the "Initializing" phase. I also turned on logging in the base Civ 4 Ini and get about 5 MB of output in a log file called "xml" that looks like

[2300.484] info type not found, Current XML file is: xml\Buildings/CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
[2301.265] info type NONE not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ProjectInfo.xml
[2349.875] info type NONE not found, Current XML file is: xml\Events/CIV4EventInfos.xml
[2350.875] info type not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4EspionageMissionInfo.xml
etc.

(Looking like potentially a mixed backslash and forward slash problem?)
The other logs look essentially the same as before though.

Spain declares war to the Moors two turns after have born. This happens every time I play with the moors. Also, every time I accepted Spain capitulation, in the next turn they declare war and spawn two swordsman and a catapult close to his capital. Another thing that I have noted is that Spain doesn't have Cordoba's conqueror event around 1150-1200 against the moors anymore.

Attachments

• Abd-ar-Rahman AD-0750 Turn 196 (spain declares war right after be born).CivBeyondSwordSave
    601.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Abd-ar-Rahman AD-0870 Turn 208 (spain declares war right after capitulation).CivBeyondSwordSave
    688.4 KB · Views: 6
Alright, my issues have been resolved. Apparently the assets were being loaded from the duplicate version of the mod which I deleted, so I had to move the install to the other location (within the steam folder, not My Documents).

China 2nd UHV doesn't mark as complete when it's the first to discover one of the techs and the game notified that I have lost the second UHV even being the most advanced civilization of the world.

Attachments

• Tang Taizong AD-0960 Turn 217 (lose 2nd UHV being the most advanced).CivBeyondSwordSave
    477.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_55.png
    Screenshot_55.png
    991.4 KB · Views: 17
I'm having the same issue a couple of posters mentioned where I'm getting python exceptions thrown up when starting a new game, leading to a map of only grassland. Happening with both the most recent SVN version and the custommap branch.

Even if you use the installer? What are the error messages? If logging is enabled, you can find the PythonErr.log in the Logs directory next to your savegames.

Even if you use the installer? What are the error messages? If logging is enabled, you can find the PythonErr.log in the Logs directory next to your savegames.
Ill attach a log later, I didn't see an exe in the download so maybe i didnt download what I thought i did.

Every time an civilization will born in area which have independent cities, the units garrisoned there are moved out of the cultural limits of the city, sometimes leaving huge independents armies around the place.
Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_59.png

I remember that in past versions the phoenicians/carthaginians lose the control of Sur to the independents some turns before Carthage was founded. It's intended that in the recent versions they continue to maintain control of the city?

In the 600 a.C. map, the civilizations with pagan religions can build the Aqua Appia and the Temple of Artemis
Screenshot_58.png

The dynamic name of the byzantines under suzerainty of the turks should be better as Atabeylik of Rûm instead of Atabeylik of Byzantium, since Rûm is the name given by the seljuks to the byzantine empire.
Screenshot_21.png

I started a game in the 1700 a.C. map with the Colombians and it has begun with these python exceptions.
Screenshot_60.png Screenshot_61.png Screenshot_62.png

Last edited:
Hey Leoreth, here is the log file. I didn't use the installer because I wanted to use the most recent SVN. I get the same errors with the SVN as I do with the custommap branch.

Attachments

• PythonErr2.txt.rar
    29.4 KB · Views: 4
Hey Leoreth, here is the log file. I didn't use the installer because I wanted to use the most recent SVN. I get the same errors with the SVN as I do with the custommap branch.
Thanks. The latest installer is identical to the latest git commit, by the way.

I remember that in past versions the phoenicians/carthaginians lose the control of Sur to the independents some turns before Carthage was founded. It's intended that in the recent versions they continue to maintain control of the city?
There never has been any scripting to that effect.

Yes. It automatically points to the latest release, even if it's not a major new version.

I got an error message with the installer; "an error occurred trying to rename file in destination directory; system cannot find path specified" file is indianmughalheavycavalryhorsegreenandgoldgloss_128.dds

edit: happened quite a few times after this with .dds files for units from other civs

The reason for this is that the total number of characters in the file to this path exceeds the limit in Windows (I think 64). I have tried to shorten file names before already, but it's not always possible. I have made a note for this file though and will try to reduce its name in the future.

What you can do to deal with the issue:
  • Ignore it: I think the rest of the mod will still install successfully. This will mean some civilization specific units will show up with faulty art or just missing art (red blobs)
  • Skip Varietas Delectat: All files with this issue come from Varietas Delectat. If you skip that module, it should work without errors.
  • Move your installation location: the issue is the total path, so whatever precedes the path to your DoC directory counts as well. If possible, you can install Civ4 somewhere else and reduce the number and name length of the preceding directories. I know this is particularly difficult when using Steam.

I'm playing 1.16.5 version.

Tamil 3rd UHV goal's gold requirement doesn't scale with game speed.

Save is from Ethiopia game. When moving to next turn Portugal gets their Trading Company event and offers gold for Quelimane. When I accepted there was a Python exception. City changed hands but I didn't get any gold and units I had in city just disappeared.

Also it looks like amount of gold on trading company events doesn't scale with game speed.

Attachments

• Tamil UHV.png
    Tamil UHV.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • Ezana AD-1492 Turn 431.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Top Bottom