Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Hello there,
First of all, Leoreth thank you for your job! It is a vast work and now Rhye's and Fall mod feels much more enjoyable :)

So, I am writing to you regarding one issue with installing this mod.
Now I have found the way how to fix it, but here are instructions for future cases
(for new users who will be googling "CreateProcess failed; code 87" as I did):

1) I used "Install Dawn of Civilization.exe";
2) The path was "C:\Games\Civilization IV\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization";
3) When I was trying to download "Dawn of Civilization.lnk" on my desktop, there was a message:
(the screenshot attached)
Unable to execute file:
"C:\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword"\Civ4BeyondSword.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 87.
The parameter is incorrect

4) That's all. Mod just doesn't work.
As I understand this problem is related to my computer. It sees the path to your mod with “ " ” (Quotation Mark) Unicode Character U+0022.

That could be fixed just by cutting "Dawn of Civilization.lnk" from a desktop, and passing it to the folder "Beyond the Sword" (in my case it is C:\Games\Civilization IV\Civ4\Beyond the Sword)

And nothing more:)
Just open Civ4BeyondSword.exe => Advanced => Load a Mode => RFC Dawn of Civilization => wait a few minutes of empty desktop => mod is downloaded

I am not sure why I had a problem such as this.
Maybe, some problem with my system language (it's not English), or with my Windows 10.

Anyway, as I understood no one on this forum has been talking about it. So I hope someone will find my advice useful :)
Thanks one more time for your great job! The RFC DoC is the best!

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Bit of a strange one, unfortunately there's not a lot of extra info I can give. The game seems to get caught in an infinite loop of something in between turns at some point within the next few. I don't think it has anything to do with what I do, as I've tried getting past it twice now and I was once in anarchy and once not, never doing anything particularly special. It also happened in different turns both times - once in July 1902, and once in January 1903. My best guess would be something to do with a civ collapsing, maybe because of the global war going on? Anyway, that's about all I know, here's the save :)

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1902-January Turn 1188.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
It's fine for me on the latest develop.
Ah oops, I need to get in the habit of mentioning, I'm using the regular 1.16.6. Haven't gotten around to figuring out the github stuff yet :p The infinite loop one is also in 1.16.6. Nice to hear it's fixed already though!

Oh good to know! I will look into the other bug soon. Pretty sure whatever it is has not been coincidentally fixed yet.

The Ottoman 2nd UHV does not fully work with game version 1.16.6.
The part to control the Black Sea do not work.
I checked all tiles with tooltip 'Black Sea' and they are all in my borders.
Savegame attached from my Paragon/Marathon game.

Attachments

• Mehmed II AD-1699 Turn 932.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Bit of a strange one, unfortunately there's not a lot of extra info I can give. The game seems to get caught in an infinite loop of something in between turns at some point within the next few. I don't think it has anything to do with what I do, as I've tried getting past it twice now and I was once in anarchy and once not, never doing anything particularly special. It also happened in different turns both times - once in July 1902, and once in January 1903. My best guess would be something to do with a civ collapsing, maybe because of the global war going on? Anyway, that's about all I know, here's the save :)
I notice that you did not start this game as Canada. Have you played as China before that?

Hi all,

the attached save file leads to CTD when loading it (reliably on different computers). The modmod version is commit 126090845722156577b05283c0ccd89ba3eba29c, which was cloned from the develop branch.

More information (potentially related):
  • The modmod version worked flawlessly for tens of hours of play up to now.
  • I experienced frequent CTD around the time of the save game (about 1780), restoring from auto-saves and progressing from there by frequent manual saves, up until the point where even load game did not work.
  • The game was started 600AD as Vikings, UHVs are already won.
Thanks in advance for any inside into what is happening here (and thanks for your continuous work on this great modmod of course).

Attachments

• Ragnar.CivBeyondSwordSave
    866.3 KB · Views: 6
I notice that you did not start this game as Canada. Have you played as China before that?
Not China, it was a 600 AD England start.

Interesting. You don't happen to have a save as England close to when you switched?
Fortunately, I never clean up my saves folder lol

Attachments

• Alfred AD-1866-July Turn 1117.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • Alfred AD-1865-January Turn 1114.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
Thanks! This is a shot in the dark because I have no clue what the origin of the original bug is. I got as far as finding that a number of Chinese units get stuck never making any moves, which means that China can never finish its turn and the game does not advance from there. I tried deleting the units responsible but for some reason there are a lot of units affected and it is not deterministic which. If you want to continue playing, collapsing China is the only safe thing to accomplish that. My best guess is that something weird happened during the civ switch but not really any good idea.

To make China collapse, use the Python console, which I think opens with Ctrl + ~:
Code:
from Collapse import *
completeCollapse(1)

When a Worker is selected, pressing <I> states to build a Paddy Field on Rice but appears to build a Farm instead :)

In a game with Russia, I started with Kiev as capital and the dynamic name generated was "Grand Duchy of Kiev", which should be something like Kievan Rus or Grand Principality of Kiev (since it was ruled by a grand prince). After some time I decided to change my capital to Moskow, but the dynamic name doesn't changed from "Grand Duchy of Kiev" to "Grand Duchy of Muscovy" until I founded another city. Shouldn't the name be changed right after the building of Palace in Moskow or this is intended to happen? Saves attached to help (save 1 is about building palace in Moskow, while save 2 is about the changing of name after founding a city)

When Vilnus is conquered by the polish, the name doesn't change to its polish variation.
Screenshot_125.png

Russia doesn't have any aristocratic republic or city state dynamic name when choosing the Republic civic. The novgorodian and pskov republics are references about this kind of government that could be present in the game.
Screenshot_127.png Screenshot_128.png

The description of the attack of a unit in the event log doesn't change accordingly with civilization adjective.
Screenshot_130.png

Ofen should change to Budapest when conquered by the russians.
Screenshot_132.png
They are not the same city.
Its complicated. Wulumuqi is the pinyin translation to the name Urumqi, an city that existed from the time of the ascension of the Dzungar Khanate to the actual days. But Urumqi only began to exist as a fixed settlement in the begining of the 17th century. At the time of the Mongol Empire, the area where the city exists today was know as Beshbalik.

Attachments

• Ivan IV AD-1430 Turn 267 russia name bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    821.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Ivan IV AD-1445 Turn 270 russia bug name 2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    837.2 KB · Views: 5
Its complicated. Wulumuqi is the pinyin translation to the name Urumqi, an city that existed from the time of the ascension of the Dzungar Khanate to the actual days. But Urumqi only began to exist as a fixed settlement in the begining of the 17th century. At the time of the Mongol Empire, the area where the city exists today was know as Beshbalik.
Highlight mine.

Thanks! This is a shot in the dark because I have no clue what the origin of the original bug is. I got as far as finding that a number of Chinese units get stuck never making any moves, which means that China can never finish its turn and the game does not advance from there. I tried deleting the units responsible but for some reason there are a lot of units affected and it is not deterministic which. If you want to continue playing, collapsing China is the only safe thing to accomplish that. My best guess is that something weird happened during the civ switch but not really any good idea.

To make China collapse, use the Python console, which I think opens with Ctrl + ~:
Code:
from Collapse import *
completeCollapse(1)
Unfortunately I have to give up on finding out why this happens. The advice above on how to brute force avoid the loop still stands.

Is Space Elevator designed to bonus space project build by anyone, rather than the owner itself? In late game an amount of civs could build projects like man in space or something else. That could be 100 or more commerce and could be multiplied further. To make a comparison, Space Elevator is cheaper than many other late wonders e.g. ITER (it cost 3000 hammer but only give me 24 commerce in return), while providing significantly more benefits than any of them. I suggest a lower bonus on projects, maybe 2 or 3 commerce each.

Last edited:
Played as Iran on 1.16.6
The game worked fine, but when I won my UHVs in 1800
2) it couldn't find the victory song and just kept playing the normal soundtrack
Is this in conjunction with the soundtrack module? I just tried it and it worked fine. Can you show the error message and upload the save?

A few weeks ago there were reports about AI civilizations getting to take two turns after a civ switch. Has anyone encountered this recently? If so, please let me know with a save from before the switch.

Top Bottom