1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

The problem is mostly finding out the problematic configuration in the first place. It's clearly a bug, the group splitting and forming AI are separate pieces of code that obviously come to different conclusions in those cases.

Everything is easy once you abstract away the details ;)

2. Sgt. Bears

Sgt. Bears Warlord

self.createResource(39, 16, iFish) # Brazil

This fish doesn't appear in the 1700 AD scenario. It is supposed to spawn in 1700 AD.

3. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

As per Leo's request here is the file where Japan demands tons of resources when you ask what can be traded for Silk. SVN 962. It is not exactly the (lost) turn which used to be uploaded in this post, but it is the same game and same SVN.

Attached Files:

4. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser King

I found out that a couple of Leaderheads (Bolivar and Indian Mario) have no introduction text, and that some leaders at the Civilopedia have text unnecessarily stressed out.

Also, Colombia's third UHV is bugged. Something I do not know happens and it automatically fails way before the due date.

5. Leoreth

Many thanks, I'll get right on it at the next opportunity.

Indian Mario hahaha

That's v1.12 right? In that case, it should be fixed by now.

6. Vectors

Vectors Prince

I have a gut feeling that they have textile industry and gaining another resource causes an increase in :yuck:/:mad:.

7. VGL

VGL Deity

So I wanted to play DOC again after a long time and since I just recently re-installed BTS, I had to get the new SVN version again. I got it but however it doesn't run. I have given it a high priority, none of them had a alert or a red sign and other mods and the game work fine. Can it be that I have BTS installed in another of my drive other than C?

8. FinalLegendZero

FinalLegendZero Prince

Did you remember to get the latest patch for BtS?

9. VGL

VGL Deity

Nope :sad:! Thanks!

10. Power_of_Beer

Power_of_Beer Prince

I noticed an end-of-war-congress related bug a few times now:

It seems that even as a non-belligerent, the participants can still ask for your cities, without giving you a chance to refuse!

Happened to me as Austrians with Constantinople:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Save is attached, hope the congress takes place recproducibly.

Attached Files:

11. Leoreth

Thanks, I'll look into the code.

12. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

As of revision 986, spies still can't gain experience through "steal technology" espionage missions.

13. Alexander_Cw

Alexander_Cw Chieftain

I play version 1.12 and sometimes have messages (not windowed) about errors in BeginGameTurn and spreadReligion.
    Do they influence normal game process?

14. Leoreth

Sometimes that means one specific thing didn't work as intended (e.g. religion didn't spread even though it should). But you don't have to expect crashes or anything like that.

15. clark k

clark k Chieftain

how do you unpause a game. I've heard it is the pause button but on my keyboard that is F6 which i believe brings up the research advisor

16. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

Simply the pause button, above the Numpad - (minus symbol)?

17. Sgt. Bears

Sgt. Bears Warlord

I was looking through the building capture chances and I worked out that military buildings, defensive buildings and buildings that produce culture directly all have 0% chance of capture. I believe the reason that buildings that produce culture are destroyed was to prevent newly conquered cities from being able to culturally survive without help (e.g. culture bomb, rushing culture buildings, conquering nearby culture producing cities). But since you have made it so cities convert a portion of enemy culture (for good reason), culture producing buildings no longer need to be destroyed on conquest. Wonders could also keep their culture when captured, since they probably lose their culture for the reasons outlined above. Military and defensive Buildings should still be destroyed on conquest since that makes sense from a historical point of view.

18. Fresol

Did you notice anything distinct about the Colosseum wonder? The last time I captured Roma with it inside, it was still producing :culture: while other wonders were not.

19. Sgt. Bears

Sgt. Bears Warlord

Yes, The Colosseum doesn't have the CommerceChangeOriginalOwners tag active. A few other wonders and buildings had other culture problems. (i.e. culture buildings lacking the CommerceChangeDoubleTimes tag, culture buildings having culture in CommerceChanges instead of in ObsoleteSafeCommerceChanges, wonders lacking CommerceChangeOriginalOwners)

20. Fresol

A bug report on Protestant reformation can be seen here.