Bug Reports and Technical Issues

It's here. It has been recently updated to the new civs and other changes, so it might work already.

You can only found cities on tundra if it is coastal. Fresh water doesn't allow you to settle on tundra. IIRC that rule was included to prevent Russia to settle useless tundra cities.

That's understandable, but what about Coast with Ice? Currently it is not possible to settle Yellowknife, the capital of Northwest territories.

It's here. It has been recently updated to the new civs and other changes, so it might work already.
How do i implement it? I've followed this following tutorial

How to use Git:

1) Download and install Git for Windows.
2) Download and install Tortoise Git.
3) During the installation, you will be prompted for a number of settings. Most of these are only relevant to developers, since you only want to use Git for access you can simply accept the default values.
4) Right-click on your Beyond the Sword\Mods folder and choose "Git Clone".
5) In the prompt, enter the following as "URL": https://github.com/dguenms/Dawn-of-Civilization.
6) You also have to change the "Directory" entry so that it ends in ".../RFC Dawn of Civilization" instead of ".../Dawn-of-Civilization".
7) Wait for the download to complete.

NOTE: Downloads using Git requires there to not be a folder named "RFC Dawn of Civilization" in your mods folder. I suggest renaming your existing folder so that you can use it again if you ever want to.

From now on, new updates can be downloaded by right clicking on the folder, hovering over Tortoise Git, pressing pull, and confirming the prompt. These updates will only download the changes the new version makes and will take a much shorter period of time.

How do i implement that Git after following this tutorial? I'm really new to Git so sorry for bothering you but i'd love to have your help

How do i implement it? I've followed this following tutorial

How do i implement that Git after following this tutorial? I'm really new to Git so sorry for bothering you but i'd love to have your help
If you did it according to the tutorial you can start playing the game right away by opening Civ 4 BTS, pressing advanced, load a mod, and then selecting the mod with the name of the folder.

The easiest way to do it is getting both (the main mod and VD) as zip download from github and then unpack the main mod first, and VD into the main mod's directory.

The easiest way to do it is getting both (the main mod and VD) as zip download from github and then unpack the main mod first, and VD into the main mod's directory.
Bug report: Got an error report related to Haile Selassie that could not be displayed or something like that, you might want to check on it
I've applied the Varietas Delectas Git

Last edited:
So far those are some of my reports related to varietas delectat (Not complete, just took a glance)

Camel units, Hussars, pistoliers and New units in general need unique country graphics

Italy is missing a unique Infantry graphic unit

Japanese Spearman is a Chinese graphical unit, i suggest replacing it with an Ikko Ikki spearman that looks like this

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_203569525_preview.png

Also Japanese Pistoliers currently have chinese-looking graphics

You should make Italian Modern units' skin color a bit brighter

Mongolian Axeman lacks unique Graphics

Aztec Dragoon lacks unique Graphics

The varietas Delectas addon changed the description of civilizations, like China, saying it starts in 3000 BC but in reality it starts in 2070 BC (Or might be an issue of the main mod, i don't know, it wasn't there before i implemented the Varietas Delectas Git)

Bug report: Got an error report related to Haile Selassie that could not be displayed or something like that, you might want to check on it
I've applied the Varietas Delectas Git
So far those are some of my reports related to varietas delectat (Not complete, just took a glance)

Camel units, Hussars, pistoliers and New units in general need unique country graphics

Italy is missing a unique Infantry graphic unit

Japanese Spearman is a Chinese graphical unit, i suggest replacing it with an Ikko Ikki spearman that looks like this

View attachment 520463
Also Japanese Pistoliers currently have chinese-looking graphics

You should make Italian Modern units' skin color a bit brighter

Mongolian Axeman lacks unique Graphics

Aztec Dragoon lacks unique Graphics
The varietas Delectas addon changed the description of civilizations, like China, saying it starts in 3000 BC but in reality it starts in 2070 BC (Or might be an issue of the main mod, i don't know, it wasn't there before i implemented the Varietas Delectas Git)
The issues you are reporting are why I said the VD module still needs to be updated before it is fully compatible with the main mod.

I don't make unit art, so if you have suggestion for which unit graphics from the database or other mods could fill these gaps?

The issues you are reporting are why I said the VD module still needs to be updated before it is fully compatible with the main mod.

I don't make unit art, so if you have suggestion for which unit graphics from the database or other mods could fill these gaps?
Just reported those so that you may keep them in mind later, i know that those unit models are borrowed from other mods, i hope you get a graphic artist in the future

But i also have another idea: Dynamic names
You know how Spain turns into "Crown of Aragon" if they settle in Barcelona instead of Madrid?
Well, we need more of those things, like France turning into Aquitaine/Occitania if the capital is Bordeaux (They settle Bordeaux or a southern capital first, then paris), then france can become "Kingdom of Occitania" or even "Occitan empire", Like Aragon could turn into "Aragonese empire"
It would be easy to mod in, would be fun to play as Russia in Siberia through the editors, just something to spice up the mod with Extra flavor, i'm not asking for city names to turn to Occitan or Catalan, just the name of the civilization to change, so that it may work for other ideologies (Example: Republic of Occitania, Commune of Occitania, Catalonia ((Only if the player hasn't settled Valencia)))

I don't make unit g, so if you have suggestion for which unit graphics from the database or other mods could fill these gaps?
Try searching for the unit graphics in the Caveman 2 Cosmos mod, ask them for consent first though, they should have Hussars

None of these are bug reports.

The city razing problem still hasn't been fixed. I believe it has something to do with the turns of unrest; I razed Sant-Yaqub in the save but a turn later it's pacified and stops razing.

I'm sure I have the latest development version.

Attachments

• City Raze Bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    895.9 KB · Views: 121
Please upload a save before the city is captured if that isn't already the case (cannot open it right now).

The city razing problem still hasn't been fixed. I believe it has something to do with the turns of unrest; I razed Sant-Yaqub in the save but a turn later it's pacified and stops razing.

I'm sure I have the latest development version.

Please upload a save before the city is captured if that isn't already the case (cannot open it right now).

It seems that the latest update isn't pushed. Maybe this fixes these problems.

Top Bottom