Bug Reports and Technical Issues

The tooltip may be wrong, are Dikes not available earlier for the Dutch? I might be misremembering.

The tooltip may be wrong, are Dikes not available earlier for the Dutch? I might be misremembering.
In civilopedia, the tech requirement is Hydraulics. Also, I only was able to build it in other cities after the discovery of Hydraulics.
Civ4ScreenShot0076.JPG

Maybe it could be moved to Urban Planning?

Hey Leo,

I've upgraded to 1.16.2 from the patch you've added here in the forums , but i noticed quite an annoying bug with tile yields - here is a screenshot below. Let me know if this is reported before I as didnt seem to find anything on it.

This is just an example - quarry 1W of Niwt-Rst yields 3 food and 3 coins as shown in the screen, but it's actually 3 food and 3 hammers and 1 coin.

So the bug from what i've found out - hammers are represented as coins while vieweing the screen with tile yields , while actual coins are not shown at all.

View attachment 552461

Check also the plantation build 1SE from the city on the incense - as shown apperently it yields nothing - not sure if this is though because i am missing a tech or something , still when you hoover over it with your mouse it shows that the tile yield is 6 coins as it normally should be, not none yield at all. (below screenshot)

View attachment 552462

From my understanding it's a visual bug , but it's quite an inconvenience. I tried toggling off and on the option but that doesnt fix it.

I've attached my save as well if this helps.

Last screenshot here as the visual bug seems to overlap tile yields - it's from a random save game on 1.16 (pre-update)

You see that the Stone Quarry on the English Isles is yielding 2 food and 6 coins , but actually it's 2 food 6 hammers 2 coins (as the hoover with the mouse says)

Meanwhile you can also see that the hammer's "anvil" icon seems to be overlapping with the others behind - check also the Sheep near dublin for instance.

So in general the bug seems to overlap icons on yields + mistakingly put coin icons for hammer yields + ignoring "actual" coin yields all together (check sea tiles for instance)

View attachment 552464
Is anyone still experiencing this? I opened the save with 1.16.2 and it looks fine to me.

Maybe it could be moved to Urban Planning?
Sorry for not answering before the update. I'm think its not the ideal, but its the closest one of their spawning date. I would suggest Machinery in the Middle Ages because it was the period that the people of the netherlands began taking seriously the construction of dikes and is when the population has grown sufficiently, turning possible a large workforce to build many of them. Although Machinery is a bit distant for a replacement of Levee, it makes sense that they could have used some sort of machines to help in the construction.

Error message regarding Judaism spawn.

Attachments

• Hammurabi Stone Age Turn 159.CivBeyondSwordSave
    373.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Anmerkung 2020-07-30 195018.png
    Anmerkung 2020-07-30 195018.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 30
The following turn sees Cairo flip to me, despite my being a 16th century England with no colonies. And a very bad python exception.
What commit are you on?

Okay, to explain: if you see Python exception it could be that you updated during an ongoing game. I never announced this (sorry for that) but I changed the way city secession data is stored between commits. I thought this would not impact saved games, but it seems I was wrong.

The actually flip you were experiencing was intentional from the mechanics as implemented: you're at war with Holy Rome, who controls Cairo and is about to experience a partial collapse. You have the best claim on the city because it's in your war targets area (Egypt for England) and you're currently winning the war. However, I don't think faraway cities should be considered for war target claims. I added a maximum distance condition which indirectly also requires the cities to be on the same continent as your closest city.

I have an error during my latest game, the game crashes when I hit the "next turn" button (I just downloaded the latest commit)... Can you find why ?

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga 1695 ap. J.C Tour 930.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
I'll investigate.

I have a rather puzzling occurrence here: After ending the attached turn, my city of Mauritistad (in Brazil) flips to the Portuguese. I had previously conquered it from them. My first thought was that it was flipping from culture, but the game mentions nothing about the city revolting to the Portuguese. In fact, the game totally ignores this occurrence and gives no explanation for why. The city was not previously undergoing unrest and revolts from cultural control and the culture toolbar in the city screen doesn't mention any chance of revolt. Is this working as intended?
Hey, so it's been a while since you reported this but do you happen to have earlier saves, preferably from the turn before?

What I can tell from this save is that the city was assigned by the Apostolic Palace. Do you still remember if there was a vote about that being announced to you? Obviously as a Protestant you are not entitled to vote but Catholics shouldn't just be able to agree on taking away your cities. Not sure what it's ought to be like but you should either be given at least the option to refuse or your city should never come up as a city to be asked for. Either way, I guess I messed up when I restricted the rights of non-member civs in the Apostolic Palace. But the decision to make your city the matter of debate happened the turn before and I would like to investigate that too.

I have an error during my latest game, the game crashes when I hit the "next turn" button (I just downloaded the latest commit)... Can you find why ?
Can't manage to open your save on any conceivable selection of commits that I've tried. Can you tell me the exact commit hash you're on?

Have you updated while the game was ongoing?

Can't manage to open your save on any conceivable selection of commits that I've tried. Can you tell me the exact commit hash you're on?
It was supposed to be the latest one, with the changes of Harappans and Polynesians being there in the 3000 BC scenario... I will try to download the whole mod again

I just want to know which one it was. "Latest" is a moving target because the mod is currently updating almost daily.

Well, it looks like my version was kinda broken, as when I re-downloaded the mod, I can't open my own save. I will have to play this game again !

I think you were just out of date. I guess we won't find out.

Error regading a civ spawn.

Attachments

• Anmerkung 2020-07-31 160459.png
    Anmerkung 2020-07-31 160459.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Vatavelli Stone Age Turn 164.CivBeyondSwordSave
    241.6 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom