Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Also a bunch of python errors came up the turn Byzantine spawned, while I owned Jerusalem. It ended up flipping Jerusalem to them anyways and expelling my units, so I didn't notice anything else funny there. (Second save)
Not for me. I need a save of the exact situation to be able to reproduce the issue.

Had a bug where the game didn't register that I had Arithmetic yet as Babylon. So the goal said not yet and the espionage slider was also not there. But I could switch into the Redistribution civic. The only reason I can think of is that I discovered the tech using Babylon's UP the same turn that Greece spawned. Maybe that wigged out the computer or something. It registered as having failed the turn that India spawned. (First save)
I would need the save where you are about to discover Arithmetics.

Leoreth Certain civilizations do not spawn in all scenarios. Installed the latest version.
Please upload a save of when a civilization is expected to spawn but does not, as well as (if available) a save from ten turns prior.

If you have logging enabled, please also upload Rise.log.

просто нужно установить последний файл? или все по порядку?
1668954907986.png

Пожалуйста, загрузите сохранение, когда ожидается появление цивилизации, но не появляется, а также (если доступно) сохранение за десять ходов до этого.

Если у вас включено ведение журнала, загрузите также Rise.log.

Attachments

• Alfred AD-0920 Turn 213.CivBeyondSwordSave
    449.3 KB · Views: 7
I've run into a couple weird situations in Paragon/Marathon games that are probably edge cases:
  • Sometimes while waiting for a civ to spawn from a 3000 BC start, I get several python errors around the time Persia spawns (it sounds like it has to do with their "crusade" units?). In both games where this has happened, I've checked the worldbuilder and Zoroastrianism was founded in Afrasiyab before Persia's spawn date by India. They must have taken the independent city and invented the appropriate tech before Persia appeared. I assume this somehow messes up Persia's start.
  • I just played a game where Turkey spawned as Zoroastrian, something I've never seen before. I guess because there was a super-Persia that had spread Zoroastrianism to the whole region and Islam was barely existent. But they spawned with 0 techs. I checked the tech trading screen and they don't have a single tech.
I apologize that I don't have saves or screenshots here, but hopefully the context is enough to go off of.

Next time please keep a save around, it helps a lot to verify the bug has been fixed.

Getting goal number one failed after already completing it. Seems like mongolia collapse is whats triggering it. Tried doing different things during this turn but still happens everytime. I believe its version 1.16.6

Attachments

• Isabella AD-1427 Turn 796.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Starting as Turks/Uzbeks in the 1700 map I noted that their Dawn of a civilization text is the same of the 3000 B.C. map.
Screenshot_161.png

Bangkok should be Bankoku and Palembang should be Parenban under japanese control.
Screenshot_163.png Screenshot_164.png

Spain should change its name (from Castille to Spain) only when it have control of its historical territory and not only when have conquered andalusia.
Screenshot_158.png

Also on a side note just installed the latest version and didnt get that fail bug, however I noticed that vassals control of gold/silver doesnt count towards UHV anymore?

Is this intentional?

Which goal? The Spanish one?

Which goal? The Spanish one?
Yes second Spanish UHV. I have Inca as vassal and their two mines don’t count toward my goal. I made them break trade relations with everyone and have full control of their gold resources but doesn’t count towards Spanish UHV for some reason

Playing as Korea, China valued my silk very highly for some reason. Even more so than their own silk...
Got a save for this. If you choose silk and ask "what would you trade for this", they will give it away for free

Attachments

• china free silk.CivBeyondSwordSave
    467.5 KB · Views: 8
game with portugal.
1) weird thing where all the civs don't want to accept any techs from me bc "I am becoming too advanced"?
2) says I am collapsing but according to stability screen I'm +20. next turn cordoba was automatically given to the moors.

Attachments

• tech trading error.CivBeyondSwordSave
    590.2 KB · Views: 7
  • collapsing.CivBeyondSwordSave
    920.7 KB · Views: 9
The 20 temples Indian UHV lists every type of temple, which makes the interface cluttered and keeps you from seeing how many you've built.

Hey all, just returning to this game after a bit of a break. Wonderful to see all the hard work that keeps being put into this great project. Played a game of Babylon and ran into a bit of an issue. The game hangs on the "Waiting for other Civs" instead of going to the victory popup. Also, I'm not sure if this is an intentional change or a bug, but the tech part of the UHV will still register as a success even if a civ spawns with one of the target techs, as long as one doesn't research them. In this game, for example, I discovered Calendar well after the Indian spawn, but got my check mark regardless. The attached save is from 2 turns before victory. This was run on last Tuesday the 22nd's git update.

Babylon_Victory10000.JPG

Babylon_Victory20000.JPG

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-0730 Turn 92.CivBeyondSwordSave
    285.1 KB · Views: 8
game with portugal.
2) says I am collapsing but according to stability screen I'm +20. next turn cordoba was automatically given to the moors.
I don't know, but your stability improves the next turn (to unstable). Without knowing what happened in previous turns it is impossible to explain the rest. You are already scheduled to lose Cordoba by the time of the save, so it is unrelated to the next stability check. If you have the previous turn as well I might be able to say more.

game with portugal.
1) weird thing where all the civs don't want to accept any techs from me bc "I am becoming too advanced"?
This is because you spawned just two turns ago. The AI does not accept any trades right after you spawned to prevent a couple of exploits. I agree that the message is unnecessarily confusing though, I have changed it to something else.

Top Bottom