Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up from my previous post concerning a CTD issue with the Community Patch and the YnAEMP mod, I have had some successful launches. I am using the latest Community Patch (6-13), Community Balance Patch (6-13), and YnAEMP (v .23).

With the Community Patch, Community Balance Patch, and the YnAEMP loaded, I can routinely launch a game with, 2, 3, 4, 5 total players. This was tested several times with random civilisations. I have also had some successful launches with 9, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 17 total players. However, these have typically crashed upon pressing start game. With the exception of 1, any other not so far mentioned number of players (for example, 6) crashed the game on launch.

These crashes seem to occur regardless of whether or not there are any city states in the game.

My Civ 5 Cache has been cleared several times, and the mods have been reinstalled several times.

It strikes me as odd that settings that would work on one attempt would not work again on the following attempt. These crashes continue to occur with only quick movement and quick combat settings toggled.

Edit: Probably worth mentioning that the CP and CBP work fine together without the YnAEMP mod.

I'm also getting the CTD during the Renaissance era at the Barbarians turn. I don't know if it's the Mounted Bowmen vyyt talked about since I haven't explored all the map yet. Here's the lua.

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    7.7 KB · Views: 90
I'm also getting the CTD during the Renaissance era at the Barbarians turn. I don't know if it's the Mounted Bowmen vyyt talked about since I haven't explored all the map yet. Here's the lua.

I used IGE to reveal the map. If you do so, you can see what is happening before the crash.

Anyway, Gazebo replied to me on GitHub that he found some rare errors related to colonization AI in my logs. He said it should be fixed in the newest version and the CTDs should be gone now (at least the ones related to this).

I used IGE to reveal the map. If you do so, you can see what is happening before the crash.

Anyway, Gazebo replied to me on GitHub that he found some rare errors related to colonization AI in my logs. He said it should be fixed in the newest version and the CTDs should be gone now (at least the ones related to this).

To be clear, 'fixed in the newest version' meant the current version (6/13), not an upcoming one. If you are still getting the crash in 6-13, then something's up. That said, I've run dozens of test games with the 6/12 and 6/13 versions without a single crash, so my bet is that it is a mod conflict.

Played through again but added the Exploration mod back... and CTD again at the same spot.

If it works without ExCE, and then stops working with ExCE, it is an ExCE problem first, and a CP problem second. Please report it there.

With the Community Patch, Community Balance Patch, and the YnAEMP loaded, I can routinely launch a game with, 2, 3, 4, 5 total players. This was tested several times with random civilisations. I have also had some successful launches with 9, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 17 total players. However, these have typically crashed upon pressing start game. With the exception of 1, any other not so far mentioned number of players (for example, 6) crashed the game on launch.

What are your computer specs? You may be seeing an out-of-memory bug.
G

What are your computer specs? You may be seeing an out-of-memory bug.

I'm guessing you want processor, ram, and the graphics card:

I5, Clocked at 4.4gh, 3570k.
16 GB DDR3 Ram, 1600mhz.
Sapphire 7970 Card.

This is on windows 8.1

This is might be a bug on newest version or just error from my end, but I figured it would be better if I post it here :

Upon starting a new game more than 12 players in the advanced setup screen, the map generation would crash to desktop everytime no matter which map I generate.
I had tried starting with both basic mods (CBP,CP,EUI,More Luxuries,E&D,CSD,C4D) and with extra several additional mods + basic mods, to no avail CTD everytime the game started to generate.

My specs, just in case if anyone needs it
i7 4710-HQ 2.50 Ghz
12 GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 860 2GB

However I doubt that is the case as it was working fine with 22 players + 40 city states in the version 6/9, when I updated to 6/12 it was no longer playable with 12 or more players.

I'm guessing you want processor, ram, and the graphics card:

I5, Clocked at 4.4gh, 3570k.
16 GB DDR3 Ram, 1600mhz.
Sapphire 7970 Card.

This is on windows 8.1

That should be fine (I'm running 8gb of ram and an i5). I am curious about this, so here's what I need to know:

Are you only using CP, CBP, and YNAEMP? Any other mods to speak of?

Do you have logging enabled? If not, do so, and launch a game. If it crashes, all the better. Try launching a few games, saving your lua.log, database.log and stopwatch.log files in a folder for me. Once you've done that, upload them and I'll see what I can do.

On my end, I'll just keep trying to make YNAEMP crash.

Edit:

Upon starting a new game more than 12 players in the advanced setup screen, the map generation would crash to desktop everytime no matter which map I generate.

Perfect timing, considering what we are discussing. I'd be shocked if these bugs weren't connected. Consider the issue 'under investigation.' :)

G

I played with 22 civs just fine on the newest though.
However I got CTD on AI turn later on.

I checked with vyyt's embarked units issue and the only unit that I had that was embarked was a Gatling gun. Getting rid of it still didn't stop the CTD which goes at the Barbarians turn. I already gave my lua but I didn't show my mod list, hopefully that will show something that someone else can see is the problem.

All the Wonders (A merge of wonder mods.)
Civ IV Diplomatic Features (6-1)
Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI) (6-1)
Community Balance Patch (6-2)
Community Patch (6-2)
CSD for CBP (5-2)
Events and Decisions (CBP Version)
Fate Stay Night -- Emiya's Japan (v 3)
Fate Zero -- Gilgamesh's Sumerian Civilization [BNW] (v 9)
Global - Archaeologist Dig Sites (v 1)
Global - Enable Magellan (v 8)
Global - Espionage Race (v 3)
Global - Religious Settlers (v 1)
Glorious PC Master Race (I tweaked this so it wasn't so OP.)
Historical Religions (BNW or GK) (v 52)
Ingame Editor (v 39)
Malwiya Minaret Wonder (v 4)
More Luxuries (v 155)
R.E.D. Modpack (v 27)
Resolutions - Cure for Cancer (v 3)
Resolutions - XCOM Initiative (v 3)
UI - City Production (v 14)
UI - Condensed Promotions (v 14)
UI - Trade Routes Enhancements (v 6)

I checked with vyyt's embarked units issue and the only unit that I had that was embarked was a Gatling gun. Getting rid of it still didn't stop the CTD which goes at the Barbarians turn.

Oh, the CTDing embarked units were not mine, they belonged to AI Portugal. I was Germany. Gazebo said my CTDs were most probably linked to the colonization logic, which sounds like it should not apply to Barbarians. Also I was merely describing the 2 units causing CTDs in my game - I do not know if they have to be embarked to cause CTD. Maybe the colonization logic can apply to land units as well?

Well, you can reveal map with IGE and try deleting Barb units one by one. But your problem could be happening at the very beginning of the next turn (right after Barbs).

Do not know about your mods ... Have you played with R.E.D. into Reneissance era?

Thanks for the quick reply. Here's the TopPanel.lua from the C4DF I am using.

https://mega.nz/#!nQ8z0D6L!wcywDvrqX7M5ngLIcknkoklAQaAmTY1KozZM2g6YLgM

And here's the edited panel:

TopPanel.lua

Note: for this to work, you need to paste the following lines into the NewText.xml file of the CP (Core Files/Core Changes). Paste at the bottom - I'll include in the next version of the CP for compatibility.

Code:
<!-- C4DF Compatibility -->
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_TP_HAPPINESS_VASSALS">
			<Text>{1_Num} from Vassal Happiness.</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_TP_CULTURE_VASSALS">
			<Text>[ICON_BULLET][COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]+{1_Num}[ENDCOLOR] from Vassals.</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_TP_SCIENCE_VASSALS">
			<Text>[ICON_BULLET][COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]+{1_Num}[ENDCOLOR] [ICON_RESEARCH] from Vassals.</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_TP_GOLD_VASSALS">
			<Text>{1_Num} from Vassals.</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_TP_FAITH_VASSALS">
			<Text>[ICON_BULLET][COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]+{1_Num}[ENDCOLOR] from Vassals.</Text>
		</Row>

Paste this just above the</Language_en_US> tag.

Once you do that, place to TopPanel.lua file in your C4DF install, overwrite it, and you should be good to go.

G

Oh, the CTDing embarked units were not mine, they belonged to AI Portugal. I was Germany. Gazebo said my CTDs were most probably linked to the colonization logic, which sounds like it should not apply to Barbarians. Also I was merely describing the 2 units causing CTDs in my game - I do not know if they have to be embarked to cause CTD. Maybe the colonization logic can apply to land units as well?

Well, you can reveal map with IGE and try deleting Barb units one by one. But your problem could be happening at the very beginning of the next turn (right after Barbs).

Do not know about your mods ... Have you played with R.E.D. into Reneissance era?

As for the Barbarian units...I don't know. The only "special" one besides Archers, Brutes, and Hand-Axes is a Pikeman. I'm trying to think what would cause a problem on the Barbarian side of things.

As for colonization logic, I'll have to look and see if any other civs are settling or have a settler unit. I don't have any and aren't building any.

As for R.E.D, yes I'm in the Renaissance era.

It's been happening for a while, but some of the random events from the CBP events and decision mod, such as "Obtain a free high end military unit", for example, cause immediate ctd's. It's not the only one that even causes CTD's, further, I think the AI that use these events might be causing random CTD's on their end, as sometimes I get a CTD in an AI turn, so I think it at least needs a look at.

I'm of the opinion that there is a conflict between the current CBP events and decisions mod and one of the latest versions of the core patch itself.

It's been happening for a while, but some of the random events from the CBP events and decision mod, such as "Obtain a free high end military unit", for example, cause immediate ctd's. It's not the only one that even causes CTD's, further, I think the AI that use these events might be causing random CTD's on their end, as sometimes I get a CTD in an AI turn, so I think it at least needs a look at.

I'm of the opinion that there is a conflict between the current CBP events and decisions mod and one of the latest versions of the core patch itself.

CBP E&D is currently only mildly supported - the mod itself needs some significant LUA work to make it more stable. My recommendation? Don't use it until it gets updated by the mod maker (which is not me).

Also, request: please don't put your posts in bright red text. It is difficult to read. Black text is perfectly fine. :)

G

Using IGE and using the 'Kill units' button on the Barbarians worked, I don't CTD now. I don't know what the problem was, but it seems like they were connected to it.

Using IGE and using the 'Kill units' button on the Barbarians worked, I don't CTD now. I don't know what the problem was, but it seems like they were connected to it.

There have been some significant optimizations since the 6-2 version – I know you are probably enjoying your current game, but I'd strongly recommend leaping up to the current version if the CTDs continue.

G

There have been some significant optimizations since the 6-2 version – I know you are probably enjoying your current game, but I'd strongly recommend leaping up to the current version if the CTDs continue.

G

I am using the most current version though. 6/13 is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom