1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports - Post Here!

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I am not 100% sure, I use Ethnic Units instead of RED, but I think RED does not change LUA. Do you know if you can disable RED mid-game and reload from a save? If RED only changes unit graphics and size, it should be ok:

Try disabling RED, then load your saved game (I hope it won't crash at this point), then play. If you get a CTD on the same turn as before, then you can be almost sure the culprit is not RED.

If it IS the culprit and if you only care about new graphics and not scaling and formations, then you can try Ethnic Units instead (you have to alter a few things - read the instructions in the compatible mods thread)

2. demerson

demerson Chieftain

Well Ive pretty much narrowed it down to either RED or JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 6) MOD If it is a MOD issue.

3. Carinyc

Carinyc Chieftain

Persia's events and decisions option "Establish the Satrapies" does not work, as in each court does not get +2 :c5happy:.

4. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Prince

Looks like you are missing DLCs.

5. Vaalerian

Vaalerian Chieftain

Similarly to many other people I have game breaking bugs with trade AI, such as AI proposing offers to me, and refusing them when I press "accept", or all AI suddenly asking me the same exact trade every few turns (they all asked me for silver like every 5 turns, with nothing in exchange).

That's very sad because CBP seems very promising but is currently completely unplayable :(
    I guess I will go back to Communitas ^^

6. AxGrinder

AxGrinder Chieftain

I was playing with neither ethnic units or RED enabled, and I was playing with espionage ON. I was using JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 6).

Interestingly, with the recent adjustments to the (Testing) Leader Personalities Idea MOD (eliminating the 0 values), I was able to move beyond my last bug report. I have since CTD at turn 147, but since I failed to turn off logging since the last crash, the logs are *HUGE* (47 turns worth). I will replay from the last autosave failure forward later today.

7. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Please don't be passive-aggressive about a free project. Things get fixed when they get fixed.

G

8. Opera

Opera Deity

Weird, I haven't have this kind of issue in the new version. They do ask for my stuff freely but clicking on their gpt and proposing usually results in them accepting. I'll do some more testing.

9. Vaalerian

Vaalerian Chieftain

Sorry about that, it was not my intention to carry a negative message, and being myself a modder for other games I am really grateful and can appreciate the lot of work civ 5 modding community has done!

Edit: I just found the related issues, sorry :p : https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/327 https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/321

10. Barra

Barra Chieftain

This are FlagPromotion Bugs, "UNITCOMBAT_MOUNTED_ARCHER" does not exist in UnitCombatInfos should not be a problem at all, I donthave this errors, do you have all dlcs???

2450688.140] UnitFlagManager: IconHookup error - icon index: 3 icon size: 16 atlas: JFD_ATTRITION_PROMOTION_ATLAS image control: Promotion1
    Its from FlagPromotions too, cause atm there is no 16ppi atlas for JFDs nice mod´, I will update Thals FlagPromotions soon, with support for JFDs mod ;)

To be sure I would suppose to turn of FlagPromotions, but I dont think its causing your CTD :)

11. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

12. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Agreed. CTD upon entering renaissance is almost always a dead certain sign of spy names being the culprit. Indeed Inca spy names are listed in the error log, so there seems to be something going on there that causes the CTD.

13. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Regarding the CTDs some of us are experiencing around Reneissance era, I think I am on to something!

I reloaded my game which had been crashing consistently during turn 364 while processing Portugal AI (I am Germany btw) and removed Portugal from the game completely with IGE. I hit End Turn and the game proceeded to turn 365 without any problems!

Then I quit, loaded the game at turn 364 again and this time I only killed all Portuguese units with IGE (I kept their cities intact), hit End Turn and the game proceeded to turn 365 without any problems again!

So I think the CTD has to be related to units somehow. Portugal army consisted mainly of Pikemen, Naus, a couple of Xbows a Pioneer or two and a Great Merchant.

I really need to go to bed now, but I will try removing Portuguese units 1 by 1 over the weekend to narrow it down which one is causing the CTD. Now that I am writing this post, I opened the OperationalAILog.csv of the crashing play-through and the last line is:

Spoiler :
    364 Portugal AI_OPERATION_MERCHANT_DELEGATION Moving To Target Army: 253952 At X: 24 At Y: 34 To X: 18 To Y: 29 Great Merchant at (21-33)

Does it mean the Great Merchant was the last unit moved before CTD? I think the GM will be the first Portuguese unit I will try removing ...

14. demerson

demerson Chieftain

I dont think so but just in case here it what I have

Civ Pack-Babylon Nebuchadnezzar 11
    Cradle of Civilization-Americas, Asia, Mediterranean, and Mesopotamia
    Conquest of the new world Deluxe Scenario
    Civ and Scenario Pack- Mongols, Polynesia, Denmar, Korea
    Civ 5
    BNW
    G&K

Edit* I went ahead and just bought the spain and inca DLC. I was under the impression this one was not needed and came with G&K. Gonna try again tonight to play thorugh

15. demerson

demerson Chieftain

Ok so, I was able to play through no problem tonight. I did not use JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 6) MOD this time. SO it was either that or the fact that I didnt have the spain\inca DLC...

16. DLimited

DLimited Warlord

I tested the current version with a friend yesterday, on multiplayer. I don't know what you changed, but it's desyncing every turn now D:

I already posted them in the multiplayer modpack thread, but here they might be easier to find.

NQ MapScript, Small, 6 civs (4ai+2human), standard amount CS, normal Barbs
    https://mega.co.nz/#!Od9nHbIT!PCDCa82-Y0GDL2DMF3FflstXf-rgqc0w-Qwtw5a9zyg

NQ MapScript, Small, 6 civs (4ai 2human), standard amount CS, no Barbs
    https://mega.co.nz/#!HckijSwY!1x_E9Ig4TSnAzJz5lTzYZk_girAyO8-njqmJYDluzAE

17. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

*.ftsxml being on the gitignore list is still a problem.

18. Gazebo

19. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

Latest version of CP (6-9) caused a runtime error with Civ IV Diplomatic Features Mod TopPanel.lua. Reverting back to an earlier version of CP (5-13) fixes the error.

I use just the base CP, not CBP, and the full C4DF minus the dll in a modpack. My setup can be found here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13790439&postcount=358

The error occurs when you hover over the culture portion of the top panel in game and causes the culture tooltip popup to be blank. While I no longer have the error logs, Firetuner showed an error every time you hovered the mouse over that portion. The error had to do with the following line:

local iCultureFromVassals = pPlayer:GetJONSCulturePerTurnFromVassals();

When the method GetJONSCulturePerTurnFromVassals was called upon, it returned a nil value.

In addition, commenting out the whole section responsible for getting culture from a vassal

did stop the error from occurring and allowed the tooltip to function correctly with the 6-9 version of CP, but it would also prevent culture from vassals from appearing in the tooltip.

Again, the 5-13 CP does not cause that error to occur and the tooltip works correctly for that version.

20. Gazebo

That's because vassalage (C4DF) was changed in the latest CP. If you can link me a copy of the top panel lua file, I'll make the requisite changes for you and post them on the 'how to install' page (for anyone else that may need them).

G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.