1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports - Post Here!

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the343danny

the343danny Emperor

Hello, this is my favorite mod for this game so far and I'd like to thank the team for all their hard work.

Anyways, I don't know if it belongs here, but in all of my games the AI seems to do next to nothing. Some never expand past their first few cities and I can easily keep up in military without trying. By medieval era and Renaissance, I'm usually doubling the next highest AI in score. This is on deity. It makes the games fairly dull. Are there other people experiencing this?

In vanilla I play emperor/immortal and I'm always playing fairly behind on immortal, so I seriously doubt I'm just THAT good. IIRC this mod reduces AI bonuses and gives it to them gradually at the start of each era and it must either not be enough or it isnt working in my case.

I'm playing with CP, CBP, CSD, CDF, and EUI, and no other gameplay mods, but I once had Artificial Unintelligence installed which may or may not have an impact. I just got the expansionist AI in hopes of making them more active but that hasn't done anything. Do you have any tips on how I can fix up the AI, or is there a way to revert to the vanilla AI difficulty bonuses?

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Don't use AI modifying mods with the CP. Thats a no brainier.

G

3. L.Pepperbottom

L.Pepperbottom Chieftain

Gazebo,

I'd like to reiterate "danny's" point in regards to the AI. I'm about 600 turns in to my current game and not a single civ has declared war on anyone else. It's almost like they want to but something is stopping them. Example: I'm playing as the Dutch on a world map and the Germans are lined up along my borders and have been for two eras, they aren't happy with me, have a much larger military but still won't attack. The only gameplay altering mods I'm using are your CP and JFD's mods (Piety and ExCE)... Is there anything in the ai defines that would encourage them to start more wars? Thanks and great work on this mod, love it.

4. Gazebo

Running just the AI (for debug purposes), the AI goes to war incredibly often. Sounds like a bug with your other mods causing the AI to act odd. Try it without those other two mods and see if the same problem persists.

G

5. L.Pepperbottom

L.Pepperbottom Chieftain

I forgot to mention I was running with CSD as well. One thing I noticed is that when I turned it off (while still running CP) the game appeared normal, civs attacking weaker civs and whatnot. It could have something to do with JFD's mods but I don't think they modify the ai in any way. I will try it out regardless and see what happens.

6. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

AI is more willing to take Defensive Pacts and so you can end up in situation where declaring a war on one civ leads to a war with half of the map.
    Obviously AI won't take these odds.

7. Gazebo

Turned CSD off? Sure it wasn't coincidental?

8. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

I have a strange and persistant bug, that has happened to me for the many last versions of CP: Whenever I use a ranged unit, the game only highlights valid targets in the upper right section around the unit. I can correctly target tiles all the way around the unit (in so far they aren't blocked), but the UI only highlights those to the upper right. I have a hard time imagening this bug is caused by the other mods I use, but it might be - however, it doesn't happen when I play without CP. Am I the only one having this issue?

Also, like others report, I have AI being extremely passive and almost never going to war, at least first half of the game, even if they are very hostile to me.

9. Carinyc

Carinyc Chieftain

I'm using the Community patch by itself and I am getting a yield icon UI bug where everything is :c5food:

It is the only mod enabled, along with the non-cbp version of EUI of course.

10. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

Read installations instructions.

11. Carinyc

Carinyc Chieftain

12. rons0n

rons0n Chieftain

hello,
    iam started to play ur mod, i followed the installation guide by using CP CPB CSD C4DS
    CBP-Compatibility (EUI Version) and EUI (CBP Version)

it all works fine, no crashes. only one thing when i buying a wonder, i dont get it. and its not able to build anymore. But the AI will build it sooner or later.

is it a bug not fixed yet?

sry but i tryed to find it in the forum but its pretty messed up by time (page 111).
    is there a page for known bugs not solved yet?

13. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I think this is only a misunderstanding. You cannot buy buildings and wonders in CBP, you can only invest. When you do so, it will instantly produce 50% of a building or 25% of a wonder. You can invest only once for each building/wonder.

The problem is that the numbers in the UI often do not update immediately. It is only a UI problem, nothing to worry about. If you exit the city screen and then enter it again, the numbers should add up.

It confused me at first too.

14. Gazebo

It clearly states in the tooltip that spending gold is now an 'investment,' and reduces the build cost of wonders by 25%. Not a bug.

G

15. Almonds

Almonds Chieftain

Hey guys, I hope this isn't too-obvious a fix so I'm not annoying anyone but I've encountered a UI bug that stops me from playing :(

The unit panel for the UI is nonexistant when I start games now. I've followed installation instructions carefully, deleting LUA files where necessary and making sure all of my mods are compatible. It seems that only for this latest patch that this bug has started happening, as I had a game from the June 12th patch working just fine with all of my usual mods.

Some things to note: You can see the 3-tile wide border when hovering over the settler to see where your city will reach, and you can also use the Found City hotkey to actually plant the city even though you can't see the action. Units can also move when you right-click space. This leads me to believe that this is purely a UI issue.

16. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I think he just got confused by the fact that the numbers after investment take several seconds (or exit+reenter the city screen) to update in the UI, so it may appear that you spent your money, but nothing actually happened. It is not only me, right? Everyone is getting this delay, right?

17. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I am 90% sure it's a mod conflict. Delete cache, ModUserData and start a new game with only the basic CBP setup without any additional mods. If it works as it should,then you know it was a conflict with your other mods. You can then try adding other mods one by one to find out which one was causing it. If you do, then please report back in the mod compatibility thread and I will update the lists accordingly.

18. DrNooooo

DrNooooo Warlord

Been busy lately but playing the new version and the unique Denouncement lines I wrote don't seem to be triggering, either when I get denounced or in the notifications. I was looking forward to seeing them - are they working for anyone else?

19. Gazebo

I've got a fix for half of them (the global announcement) in the works - the code was only half-finished (got busy with other things).

The AI can still 'generically' denounce you as a fallback-default option, FYI.

G

20. DrNooooo

DrNooooo Warlord

Right, that's all I've seen so far so I was wondering what was up. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.