Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gazebo said:
You don't actually have logging enabled. Enable logging (search the forum for instructions) and try to load the game again. Then repost your logs.
Oops.

Followed the link in the first post, enabled validating game database. Logging was already enabled.
Newly generated logs attached.

Attachments

• CTD Report v2.7z
    2.2 MB · Views: 79
RE: Great Prophet issue

Haven't been able to recreate the issue with the tests I've tried:
Singleplayer Quick: success
Mods (but none enabled) Quick: success
Mods (only Historic Pace enabled) Historic: success

I'll keep messing around to try and recreate it.

Getting a CTD at around the AI turn in the save file in the rar. I'm not sure what's triggering it exactly. Also included the logs and the dmp.

Edit: Mods are the standard CBP set and InfoAddict

Attachments

• Civ Bug Report.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
Got a few CTD's playing my current game, but I was able to most past them. Now I'm stuck a little past turn 100 in the classical era with a repeatable CTD on the Ottomans turn. Here's my minidump. I am also playing with a few other Mods and the no-EUI mudpack.

JFD's cultural diversity
JFD's exploration continued expanded
Calypso's colored religions
A few wonders I added, but all late game
No XP cap barbarians
National wonders collection (and the compatibility/balance mod for it which also adds unique policy buildings)

Attachments

• CvMiniDump.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 45
So I just installed via the automated version including the EUI. I simply selected all the default options (EUI installed inside steamapps?), cleared my cache and gave it a go. In the game I went to the mod menu and enabled all mods but I didn't see EUI anywhere (should I be seeing it?). I started a game and the whole interface is b0rked. Research tree is also empty. What did I do wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, the default install folder for EUI was not autodetecting where my CiV really was. I moved it manually and it seems fine now.

Are corporation wonders supposed to be buildable if a ban vote is passed after construction already started?

Hmmm. Even those that the given player does not have a monopoly over? The AI in question only had one monopoly, which I banned, and he still built the wonder.

I'll reload and rush it myself 'cause that's a bummer!

Possible bug: The Sun God pantheon bonus of +3 faith to improved farm resources appears to also applies to antiquity sites.

I'm using all mods from the automatic installer (EUI version) and my game sometimes completely shuts down with no error message,sending me to desktop,it's not game breaking but when i don't save for like 75 turns during Medieval era and the game crashes,it's really annoying.

I'm using all mods from the automatic installer (EUI version) and my game sometimes completely shuts down with no error message,sending me to desktop,it's not game breaking but when i don't save for like 75 turns during Medieval era and the game crashes,it's really annoying.

It is hard to say what is wrong with your install without logs, however regarding not saving for a long time, do you know about autosaves? I think the game autosaves every 10 turns, you can change the interval in the game options.

So you should have an autosave max 10 turns old (not 75). Whn you go to the loading dialog, there should be a tickbox (tickcircle) in the top right corner saying "Autosaves". Tick it and the autosaves will be displayed.

Hi helpful people,
I can play the game just fine with the mod, but there are some issues:
I can't see what causes my unhappiness, it just says 0 from cities and 0 from population. The actual mechanics do seem to work though, as luxuries give very little at the start, and building a road gave me more happiness (less isolation ofc.). I'm sorry if this has a known fix already, but 171 pages is a lot to read through.
Also my roommate's temples say that his prophet costs go down, but mine doesnt (same type deal with libraries etc.) I'm positive i have the latest version, i read the changelog and i definitely have the newest version.
Thanks in advance!

Im having issues with crashing mid game, it has happened 3 times in a row (in 3 separate games) and happens roughly 200 turns into the game. i have a feeling it has to do with the diplomacy as it seems to happen at points of high diplomacy like around the world congress or when wars or denouncing happens. has anyone else had this problem? i have tried reinstalling the game and the mods as well as deleting the cashe. Im running the Community Patch Project Full (EUI Version).

i have a feeling it has to do with the diplomacy as it seems to happen at points of high diplomacy like around the world congress or when wars or denouncing happens.

Would you be more specific? I suppose it is happening during the AI turn?

Do you mean the game crashes while you are in the diplo screen? Or you are 1 turn from World Congress or you have just ended a war and you expect to be denounced by a civ and the game crashes?

Are you playing the latest CBP version (10/13)?

It may already have been said, here are a few bugs I encoutered with the very last version (automatic installer, without EUI) :

- On the diplomacy screen, I always have those 3 items : http://i.imgur.com/o6ixPx8.png
- Sometimes the diplomacy screen will pop up, but won't have any UI elements. I have to press ESC the exit

I've been getting a bug my past two games in a row where Great Generals never spawn. I'm currently in the modern era and have not seen a single GG either for myself or for the AI, and when I look at the great person generation list I have over 1,000 points out of the 200 needed for one to appear.

all 3 crashed from all 3 games happened in the AI turn. in my first game it happened when trying to trade with Ethiopia (they started the trade deal if i accepted it crashed if i declined it crashed), in my second game it happened 2 turns after the world congress, i had up voted 2 civs and only one of them had said they were pleased. and in my last game i had been declared war on by 2 people and it happened 2 turns after. all games crash at the exact same point when i reload the saves (usually from an auto save 10 turns before the crash).

and yes i am playing the latest version, but i did play the first game on the previous version. i did not clear my cashe for the first game so i assumed it was related to that maybe. the 2nd i upgraded the version and cleared the cashe and the 3rd i reinstalled the game, mod and the EUI as well as clearing the cashe.

other then this i found that if i right click on anything in the set up game screen, it takes me to the civilopedia home page. from there i cant click on any of the other tabs and this is what i see http://imgur.com/CjaZ8dK http://imgur.com/OdpEDLw this can scroll down for a long time and seems to show what i assume is every type of information box (eg, resources required, required policies, unique buildings ect)

any help or ideas would be appreciated, i really want this mod to work

Would you be more specific? I suppose it is happening during the AI turn?

Do you mean the game crashes while you are in the diplo screen? Or you are 1 turn from World Congress or you have just ended a war and you expect to be denounced by a civ and the game crashes?

Are you playing the latest CBP version (10/13)?

all 3 crashed from all 3 games happened in the AI turn. in my first game it happened when trying to trade with Ethiopia (they started the trade deal if i accepted it crashed if i declined it crashed), in my second game it happened 2 turns after the world congress, i had up voted 2 civs and only one of them had said they were pleased. and in my last game i had been declared war on by 2 people and it happened 2 turns after. all games crash at the exact same point when i reload the saves (usually from an auto save 10 turns before the crash).

and yes i am playing the latest version, but i did play the first game on the previous version. i did not clear my cashe for the first game so i assumed it was related to that maybe. the 2nd i upgraded the version and cleared the cashe and the 3rd i reinstalled the game, mod and the EUI as well as clearing the cashe.

other then this i found that if i right click on anything in the set up game screen, it takes me to the civilopedia home page. from there i cant click on any of the other tabs and this is what i see http://imgur.com/CjaZ8dK http://imgur.com/OdpEDLw this can scroll down for a long time and seems to show what i assume is every type of information box (eg, resources required, required policies, unique buildings ect)

That's an EUI bug related to using mods. Don't right-click anything in startup.

G

1) all 3 crashed from all 3 games happened in the AI turn. in my first game it happened when trying to trade with Ethiopia (they started the trade deal if i accepted it crashed if i declined it crashed)

2) and yes i am playing the latest version, but i did play the first game on the previous version.

3) other then this i found that if i right click on anything in the set up game screen, it takes me to the civilopedia home page. from there i cant click on any of the other tabs and this is what i see http://imgur.com/CjaZ8dK

1) + 2) There was a bug in 2 late September versions which was sometimes causing crashes during diplomacy - typically in situations like your deal with Ethiopia. But it is strange that you are still getting similar crashes with the newest version. Are 100% positive you are running the latest version of CBP? (I for one have accidentaly misclicked and run an installer of a previous version myself) The latest version includes the changed tourism mechanics - e.g. you get a tourism notification when a Great Person is born or when you complete a quest for a city state - can you confirm you are getting these toursim notifications? I have played quite a bit with the newest version, but got no crashes whatsoever.

If you are sure you have the latest version, you can upload logs here. This is how you enable logging:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487482

Oh, and are you playing with any other mods?

3) I cannot check right now, but the Civilopedia thing looks strange. Are you getting this only from the game setup screen? If you go to Civilopedie in-game, it works ok?

EDIT: Ok, so this one was answered already by the great G himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom