Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used latest build plus hotfix. Germanies unique building does not show up and neither does the customs house. The guilds tech just has none of those two. The civpedia has both entries though, so the buildings are in the game... kinda.

Am I missing something?

No, is bug.
G

I would like to say I really enjoy this mod. However, I am consistently having an issue for which a clean install and re-application of the MOD didn't rectify.

When I get to the point in the game I can select an ideology, the magnifying glass that previews the three different trees displays the new CBP tenets for their respective ideologies. However, when I actually choose an Ideology, on the tenet screen, all of the choices are now the vanilla Civ options, not the new, CBP ones.

Any help on getting this fixed would be appreciated as it's getting in the way of re-enjoying Civ again with this great MOD.

I would like to say I really enjoy this mod. However, I am consistently having an issue for which a clean install and re-application of the MOD didn't rectify.

When I get to the point in the game I can select an ideology, the magnifying glass that previews the three different trees displays the new CBP tenets for their respective ideologies. However, when I actually choose an Ideology, on the tenet screen, all of the choices are now the vanilla Civ options, not the new, CBP ones.

Any help on getting this fixed would be appreciated as it's getting in the way of re-enjoying Civ again with this great MOD.

If this is the previous version I can confirm that this is a local issue as I was able to pick tenets and use the magnifying glass just fine.

Did you try clearing your cache and ModUserData folders? They are not removed when you un-install the game (for some stupid reason).

Crash on the new version(10/21).
Setup:

Deity, Huge, Epic, Amazon map, playing as the Hiwaka(The civ with the woods promotion).
Enabled Research Agreement, Raging Barbarians.
Disabled Vassalage, Tech Trading.
Total 9 Civs, 15 City states.

Crashing on turn 31, on the barbarian turn.
Here are the logs, save on turn 30 and the mini dump:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00750693418652913461

Installed just like it said on the PDF.

Crash on the new version(10/21).
Setup:

Deity, Huge, Epic, Amazon map, playing as the Hiwaka(The civ with the woods promotion).
Enabled Research Agreement, Raging Barbarians.
Disabled Vassalage, Tech Trading.
Total 9 Civs, 15 City states.

Crashing on turn 31, on the barbarian turn.
Here are the logs, save on turn 30 and the mini dump:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00750693418652913461

Installed just like it said on the PDF.

So now I played as Indonesia, on the same settings except:
Pengea map, Standard size, Indonesia Civ, No Raging Barbarians, No Research Agreement, and the default settings for vassalage and tech trading.
On turn 41 now and it didnt crash. I cant put my finger on it, what causes the crashes?
Also I picked Honor on the first game, and Tradition on the second.

Hard crash to desktop using version 10.13:

Every time I want to use a Guided Missile, game goes straight to desktop. No message, nothing. Pattern is guided missile, every time. AI has no problem using them, have seen them flying around. Only human player.

Has it perhaps been fixed for 10.21?

Hard crash to desktop using version 10.13:

Every time I want to use a Guided Missile, game goes straight to desktop. No message, nothing. Pattern is guided missile, every time. AI has no problem using them, have seen them flying around. Only human player.

Has it perhaps been fixed for 10.21?

I think I had this problem as well, I never built a guided missile, but I got a CTD when I accidently sent a bomber to its death (by not paying attention) It is possible that there is some weird interaction between attacking with the unit and it not being there once the attack finishes?

Two issues that I don't know if to call them BUGS or not:

1. When setting fighters to intercept, the intercept order always get cancelled for the next turn, and so on and on. Why is the order not staying put until I say so, like in vanilla? Is it a bug or WAD? If WAD, why?

2. I thought that diplo units can only enter other civs territories if they have an open borders agreement, yet I see diplo units crisscrossing my lands a piacere... bug or WAD? If WAD, perhaps Open Borders should be a condition for diplo units to traverse other civs lands, don't you think?

Two issues that I don't know if to call them BUGS or not:

1. When setting fighters to intercept, the intercept order always get cancelled for the next turn, and so on and on. Why is the order not staying put until I say so, like in vanilla? Is it a bug or WAD? If WAD, why?

2. I thought that diplo units can only enter other civs territories if they have an open borders agreement, yet I see diplo units crisscrossing my lands a piacere... bug or WAD? If WAD, perhaps Open Borders should be a condition for diplo units to traverse other civs lands, don't you think?

1.) Are you at war? They wake up if there's a valid target to hit nearby (otherwise there was tedium in selecting them for attacks).

2.) Depends on the civ and the time period. Summer Palace lets you cross without OB, as does the Foreign Office.

G

Two things:

One, I got this bug where one policy appeared to not be taken when it was. Not sure if this is a CP/CBP bug, but I don't remember getting it with vanilla.

Two, I have a question - can barbarians loot cities from afar? I got looted on my city and there was no barbarian in sight.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 286
1.) Are you at war? They wake up if there's a valid target to hit nearby (otherwise there was tedium in selecting them for attacks).

2.) Depends on the civ and the time period. Summer Palace lets you cross without OB, as does the Foreign Office.

G

1. Yes. it was during a war... but I would say tedium has been replaced by tedium, because to me it's tedious to order intercept for each one of my fighters every single turn during prolonged wars... hard-coded in dll, or is it somewhere in your sql code so I can change it? Or perhaps add an option to the options menu?

2. Oh yes, now I remember the nat wonders... I'm not sure they should allow crossing lands without OBs... it becomes annoying when it comes to influence wars, as in the game I just finished (BY THE WAY, THAT WAS THE BEST GAME OF CIV I HAVE EVER PLAYED... well done! version 10.13).

1. Yes. it was during a war... but I would say tedium has been replaced by tedium, because to me it's tedious to order intercept for each one of my fighters every single turn during prolonged wars... hard-coded in dll, or is it somewhere in your sql code so I can change it? Or perhaps add an option to the options menu?

2. Oh yes, now I remember the nat wonders... I'm not sure they should allow crossing lands without OBs... it becomes annoying when it comes to influence wars, as in the game I just finished (BY THE WAY, THAT WAS THE BEST GAME OF CIV I HAVE EVER PLAYED... well done! version 10.13).

Hmm, I'll look at airplanes. A compromise might be to make intercept not trigger the wake. The CSD wonders work that way to help the AI, honestly.

Glad you enjoyed it! Perhaps make a post over in the main thread? I like AARs.

G

Hmm, I'll look at airplanes. A compromise might be to make intercept not trigger the wake. The CSD wonders work that way to help the AI, honestly.

Glad you enjoyed it! Perhaps make a post over in the main thread? I like AARs.

G

Yes! exactly, Intercept should not trigger any wake besides the original ones (I think they were wounded and promotions?). That would be a good solution.

Any ETA on the hotfix? Will it be savegame compat with the new version?

I have found a very repeatable and consistent crash to desktop issue with the every version of the Community Balance Patch I've tried.

On turn 0, if I restart the game, there is usually no problem. But if I move my settler or build my first city, THEN 'Restart Game' While still on turn 0, the game crashes to desktop almost every time.

That being said, I still love the patch/mod that you've built. It's really an incredible feat! Keep up the good work!

I have found a very repeatable and consistent crash to desktop issue with the every version of the Community Balance Patch I've tried.

On turn 0, if I restart the game, there is usually no problem. But if I move my settler or build my first city, THEN 'Restart Game' While still on turn 0, the game crashes to desktop almost every time.

That being said, I still love the patch/mod that you've built. It's really an incredible feat! Keep up the good work!

Restarting the game with a modified DLL is, generally, risky. There's just nothing I can do about this.

G

First post here so before all thanks to Gazebo and all the modders working in tandem for the awesome work that allows this game to still be played.

Regarding:

I've had the same issue when using the Communitas map. I tried exact same settings but using different map (Continent Plus) and I was able to restart many times (8 or 9) without any crash at all.

Would like to help in debugging this and even fixing it but to be honest don't know where to start in terms of getting debug information (only resources I found are regarding dll debugging using a pdb which would be hopefully a second step in this process) - can anyone point me in the direction of a good initial post of how to start logging and debugging Civ V? (sorry for being dense and not finding it on my own).

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom