Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know where else to post this question, so I'll try it here.

I play mostly on WB maps with start positions for Civ's and CS already selected and I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop the AI from moving their starting settlers to a different tile after the game starts.

I have changed the option file in CP from a 1 to a 0. I even tried to delete a folder in CBP titled Settler MOD. Neither of this two things has help.

Does anyone have any other ideas to try?? Thanks!!

Hello again folks!

I'm at a bit of a loss with my CTD problems as I can't find anyone else who seems to be having this issue - everything I can find on it is at least a year old, before a patch. Currently playing on a large earth map and get a crash on next turn. This is about the 4th game I've tried that has this problem and it's seriously pissing me off, especially as I have to wait until turn 330-370 before I'll know if it happens.

Is there a log that I can produce that may show what's going on? And if so, would anyone mind taking a look at it? I miss this game

Ok, I have another question and again I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it really is only a discussion issue.

I'm playing on a huge modified Med-Europe map with 22 Civ's and 40 CS.
Game speed is set to Epic.
I've made it to turn 189.
Just made into the Medieval era.

MOD's - All of them up to date.
CP, CBP, CSD, Civ IV DF, AI-Smart, A few of Whowards Pic-N-Mix (Clock, Mill Changes, Naval Changes) and 2 More Civ Civ's Tuscan and Scotland, Calypso's Basic and Extended Religious Mods.

Most of the AI Civ's only have between 3 and 5 cities, with 3 being the most common number.
The CS have little to no military units to defend themselves with.
The lack of cities isn't the result of room. I've designed this Map so every Civ has room to build between 5 and 6 cities before they come close to having border touching issues.

So, is this a bug or a quirk or is there something I can provide to help clear up what the issue is I'm having??? Thanks.

I'm really enjoying the new features that have been added in this project. Thanks for all the hard work everyone has done that has worked on this.

Bug: Slump in relationship with City State after clearing a barbarian camp for them.

Prague wanted a barbarian camp purged and aid against its attacks. Relationship improved to friendly - as expected - after I had killed a barbarian within their borders. I then cleared the camp next turn and the relationship dropped back to neutral.

Starting Conditions:
Bismarck; Standard Size; Small Continents Plus; Epic. All Victory conditions except time; Raging Barbarians; Quick Movements; Transparent Diplomacy.

So many mods installed this time, that I expected trouble. :)

Installed mods:
Community Patch (v 632)
Community Balance Patch (v 10)
City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 24)
Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10)

AI - Smart (v 2)
AI - Warmonger Adjustments (v 1)
Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes (v 101)
Global - 3 Units Per City (v 1)
Global - Barbarian XP Level 3 (v 2)
Global - City Bombard Range (v 1)
Global - City Forest Bonus (v 3)
Global - Civilians Move After Purchase (v 2)
Global - Commander Influence Borders (v 1)
Global - Counter Religion (v 2)
Global - Enable Magellan (v 8)
Global - Local Generals (v 2)
Global - Passable Forts (v 3)
Global - Truly Free Great People (v 1)
Maps - Improved Small Landmasses (v 13)
Maps - Rotate Start Position (v 10)
Promotions - Flagship (v 1)
Religion - Fixed Pantheons (v 1)
Religion - Fixed Prophets (v 2)
Religion - No AI Free Pottery (v 1)
UI - City Expansion (v 14)
UI - Condensed Promotions (v 14)
UI - Improved City Banner (v 7)
UI - Trade Opportunities (v 27)
UI - Trade Routes Enhancements (v 6)
Units - Cheap Workboats (v 2)
Units - Population (v 7)
Units - Rangers (v 10)
Units - Subs Ignore Borders (v 3)
Units - Subs Immune Under Ice (v 2)
Units - Super Carrier (v 10)

Bug: Freeze and then crash on barbarian turn, turn 242

Industrial Era, war against France, all went smooth until barbarian's turn and then it froze on the first time, and crashed on the second try.
Blobbed a scientist, great artist and musician, on the previous turn.

Starting Conditions:
Inca, raging barbarians, epic, standard map.

Installed mods:
Community Patch (sept 17)
Community Balance Patch (sept 17)

Thanks!

I had similar freezing a few turns in a row, using the Balance Patch and the recommended whoward's mods, plus EUI. I suspect it wasn't a problem with the barbarians per se, but perhaps something with the start of the next turn, as when I loaded the autosave, the turn had actually completed. Maybe something with the notifications?

I also had a slight bug where a city state notification was replaced with TXT_KEY_XXX.

I played for several hours after both bugs and neither happened again. I was also using 63.1, so it may have been dealt with.

EDIT: I just got the TXT_KEY bug again, after updating to 63.2. The notification says TXT_KEY_NOTIFICATION_SUMMARY_QUEST_INFLUENCE

Bugs galore in relation to City-States with the mod ensemble listed above.

When I run the same additional mods with the latest DLL - Various Mod Components (v 63), but without the Community (Balance) Patch and CSD, my affairs with City States run smoothly.

But with the above configuration, every change is erratic: When someone else helps a City State to get rid of barbarian intruders/an encampment, our relationship plummets as if we were at war. Adding quest resources to the trade network improves the relationship at first, only to let it fall back to neutral on the next turn.

It's so unpredictable, it's fascinating.

Seriously, a touch of such irrationality might be a good thing. The behaviour of NPCs etc. is usually textbook perfect: they are all Homines oeconomici. But the animal rationale is not just unbelievable - it's boring.

I had similar freezing a few turns in a row, using the Balance Patch and the recommended whoward's mods, plus EUI. I suspect it wasn't a problem with the barbarians per se, but perhaps something with the start of the next turn, as when I loaded the autosave, the turn had actually completed. Maybe something with the notifications?

I also had a slight bug where a city state notification was replaced with TXT_KEY_XXX.

I played for several hours after both bugs and neither happened again. I was also using 63.1, so it may have been dealt with.

EDIT: I just got the TXT_KEY bug again, after updating to 63.2. The notification says TXT_KEY_NOTIFICATION_SUMMARY_QUEST_INFLUENCE

If you aren't using CSD, you have to disable support for it in the communitymodoptions.sql file in the CP.

G

Okay, going to field some bug report questions and answers. :)

Didn't know where else to post this question, so I'll try it here.

I play mostly on WB maps with start positions for Civ's and CS already selected and I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop the AI from moving their starting settlers to a different tile after the game starts.

I have changed the option file in CP from a 1 to a 0. I even tried to delete a folder in CBP titled Settler MOD. Neither of this two things has help.

Does anyone have any other ideas to try?? Thanks!!

The changes to the AI for that part are built into the CORE_SETTLER function – if you turn of those enhancements, it should stop the AI's turn-1 movement.

When I run the same additional mods with the latest DLL - Various Mod Components (v 63), but without the Community (Balance) Patch and CSD, my affairs with City States run smoothly.

But with the above configuration, every change is erratic: When someone else helps a City State to get rid of barbarian intruders/an encampment, our relationship plummets as if we were at war. Adding quest resources to the trade network improves the relationship at first, only to let it fall back to neutral on the next turn.

It's so unpredictable, it's fascinating.

You did re-enable support for CSD with CSD enabled, yes?

Bug: Freeze and then crash on barbarian turn, turn 242

Industrial Era, war against France, all went smooth until barbarian's turn and then it froze on the first time, and crashed on the second try.
Blobbed a scientist, great artist and musician, on the previous turn.

Try loading a save a few turns before this – this is often a pathfinding issue, and may or may not be related to the CP.

Bug: Slump in relationship with City State after clearing a barbarian camp for them.

Prague wanted a barbarian camp purged and aid against its attacks. Relationship improved to friendly - as expected - after I had killed a barbarian within their borders. I then cleared the camp next turn and the relationship dropped back to neutral.

Very odd – there is code in CSD that reduces a player's influence if he/she fails a global quest for a CS, which may or may not be causing the oddities you are seeing.

Most of the AI Civ's only have between 3 and 5 cities, with 3 being the most common number.
The CS have little to no military units to defend themselves with.
The lack of cities isn't the result of room. I've designed this Map so every Civ has room to build between 5 and 6 cities before they come close to having border touching issues.

So, is this a bug or a quirk or is there something I can provide to help clear up what the issue is I'm having??? Thanks.

This is probably just a quirk of the game you are in, as I've seen the AI build anywhere from 1-20 cities in test games, and CSs can have a range of army sizes. That said, make sure that you can build settlers (as if you cannot, the AI probably cannot either).

I'm at a bit of a loss with my CTD problems as I can't find anyone else who seems to be having this issue - everything I can find on it is at least a year old, before a patch. Currently playing on a large earth map and get a crash on next turn. This is about the 4th game I've tried that has this problem and it's seriously pissing me off, especially as I have to wait until turn 330-370 before I'll know if it happens.

Make sure your game is up to date, and that you've cleared your cache and your moduserdata folder. Also, make sure that none of the other mods you are using have a dll in them aside from the CP. In fact, try loading just the CP+CBP+CSD+CIV4DF combo by itself to see if it works, and only afterwards add additional mods.

G

I've just cleared two barbarian camps with quests related to them this morning and got positive influence. Will keep an eye out :scan:

version 10/63.2

\Skodkim

You did re-enable support for CSD with CSD enabled, yes?

Excuse me? Houston, elaborate, please. Isn't CSD support enabled in the Community Patch by default? Or am I already oxygen-deprived?

Aside: Wouldn't it be helpful to explicitly state this in your installation instructions to avoid any confusion (yeah, I know, as if ..):

Enable/Disable Support for CSD/Civ IV Diplomacy: Support for these mods is enabled in the Community Patch by default, no further action is required. If you don't use them, you need to disable support manually or you will experience trouble. To disable support[ for these two mods], change the appropriate value in the CommunityOptions.sql file.

I my experience, installation instructions need to be as clear as humanly possible to reduce confusion to an almost bearable level for any supporting staff. Use crayons, and pictures, but avoid naked ladies in them.

Very odd – there is code in CSD that reduces a player's influence if he/she fails a global quest for a CS, which may or may not be causing the oddities you are seeing.
G

It's great that you can also get minus points when you don't help them in some crucial task. If I'm not mistaken, Barbarian Hordes can do that? I had three of them coming down simultanously on city states I had just cultivated friendly terms with in one case and allied status in two.

I only had the units to help one of them, and they were in place already anyway since Prague had asked for help against the Huns some turns before.

The relationship with the saved city improved (though, imo, the upswing could be more dramatic, since the quest binds some of your troops for 45 turns and you just don't have that many in the Classical era.). The other two became annoyed, and all the effort put into diplomacy was wasted.

If that was intended, I like it. Felt real.

Request: I'd just ask you to make sure that the quest briefing makes it absolutely and perfectly clear that not fulfilling that specific task is going to hurt your relationship with the city state. That way, you can more easily prioritize.

Follow-up to my bug report:
The skittishness that plagued my relationship with city states during the classical and early medieval eras is gone in the Renaissance [at least, it looks that way].

Come to think of it, building the Forum Romanun coincides with some serious strangeness in relation to city states. And it might be a coincidence, but the two games that were a bit off, included both Alex & his giddy Greeks as adversaries.

Excuse me? Houston, elaborate, please. Isn't CSD support enabled in the Community Patch by default? Or am I already oxygen-deprived?

Request: I'd just ask you to make sure that the quest briefing makes it absolutely and perfectly clear that not fulfilling that specific task is going to hurt your relationship with the city state. That way, you can more easily prioritize.

Follow-up to my bug report:
The skittishness that plagued my relationship with city states during the classical and early medieval eras is gone in the Renaissance [at least, it looks that way].

Come to think of it, building the Forum Romanun coincides with some serious strangeness in relation to city states. And it might be a coincidence, but the two games that were a bit off, included both Alex & his giddy Greeks as adversaries.

You said that you tried the CP+CBP combo without CSD first, wanted to make sure that you had re-enabled CSD after trying that.

I can edit the text for global quests, sure.

I'm not sure why the skittishness went away –I doubt that the Forum Romanum itself had anything to do with it, though stranger things have happened.

G

I've encountered another bug, it seems.

Pagodas are not displayed on the culture screen, so when art or artifacts are placed in the art slot, it's impossible to move it to a new location.

Pagodas are not displayed on the culture screen, so when art or artifacts are placed in the art slot, it's impossible to move it to a new location.

+1 encountered that too, basically there is no way to move the artifact from the pagoda.

Odd. I'll look into it. None of the other religious buildings have that problem?
G

Odd. I'll look into it. None of the other religious buildings have that problem?
G

I haven't tried the others, but there's a space there for Cathedrals at all times, even if you don't have them, as in vanilla. If there's any other buildings which have an art slot that wasn't there in vanilla, I suspect this problem will occur, as none of them are shown on the culture screen.

I haven't tried the others, but there's a space there for Cathedrals at all times, even if you don't have them, as in vanilla. If there's any other buildings which have an art slot that wasn't there in vanilla, I suspect this problem will occur, as none of them are shown on the culture screen.

Ah, so it isn't a bug, then. Good. I'll probably have to edit the lua for that. In the meantime, you might try using Whoward's Great Work Manager to see if it works correctly.
G

Try loading a save a few turns before this – this is often a pathfinding issue, and may or may not be related to the CP.

G

I loaded 5 turns before it happens and it still crashes on CS/Barbarian turn...
I uploaded the save 1 turn before it crashes -
http://www.speedyshare.com/Xzbca/Pachacuti-0341-AD-1605.zip
I played with Community Patch and Balance mods only, latest updates.
I really want to continue this game, thanks

I loaded 5 turns before it happens and it still crashes on CS/Barbarian turn...
I uploaded the save 1 turn before it crashes -
http://www.speedyshare.com/Xzbca/Pachacuti-0341-AD-1605.zip
I played with Community Patch and Balance mods only, latest updates.
I really want to continue this game, thanks

Your problem is a division by zero due to a missing XML define from CSD. Out of curiosity, did you disable support for CSD in the communityoptions.sql file of the CP before starting?
G

Edit: Your save game will continue to work if you add the following lines to your CoreChanges.sql file in the Community Patch:

Code:
INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'IDEOLOGY_PER_CITY_UNHAPPY', '2';

INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'IDEOLOGY_POP_PER_UNHAPPY', '6';

Add this to the CoreChanges.sql file located in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Community Patch (v 63.2)\Core Files\Core Changes

Save the file, load your game, and it should work.

Cheers,
G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom