Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I noticed that some resource things aren't working.

You can build water mines in your city even if you don't have any more iron.

Same as hydro plants and wind farm for aluminium. I can build them in all my cities even if I only have 4 aluminium.

The other thing is, if you parachute a non-paratrooper unit (like Infantry) via airport, on a water tile next to the city, it acts as if it is land and is not embarked. It just moves 2 spaces on water as if it is land.

Hello, my game just crashed and kicked me back on to Windows. No error message or anything. As if it never even was in game.

I am extremely late game and in a really tough and fun part of the game so I'm super eager to play the next turn :(

How can I give information to help you help me fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I've found out something interesting with crashing.
If I try to load a savegame directly from the main menu and then proceeds to load the mod configuration ,it simply crashes no matter if it's turn 1 or 2 or 500..

I thought maybe there's corrupted files, corrupt savegame or whatever..but then I cleared the "cache" folder the "logs" folder and "moduserdata" folder , booted up civ 5 and from the mod menus loaded all the mods again then loaded the savegame and it works , apparently there was no corrupt file/save or anything just that sometimes the game crashes when It tries to load too much stuff all at once specially if u have an old hardrive like me and not a SSD or those new hybrid things.

So I do this everytime I load my savegame. I first go to the mods menu load all the mods wait for configuration to finish then load the savegame. I f I load any savegame straight from the main menu, it crashes.

Never had this problem, I suspect that your mapscript is not working well with CBP

I tested without perfectworld, using some of the generic map scripts and it's even worse.
I started some test games in atomic era with all map revealed on a large map with abundant resources and there's like 2-3 stone or iron on the whole map, same with every other type of things.
But the game without CPP is fine, the resources appear again if I play an unmodded game.

The other thing is, if you parachute a non-paratrooper unit (like Infantry) via airport, on a water tile next to the city, it acts as if it is land and is not embarked. It just moves 2 spaces on water as if it is land.

Does it walk on the ocean as well?

If I try to load a savegame directly from the main menu and then proceeds to load the mod configuration ,it simply crashes no matter if it's turn 1 or 2 or 500..

I thought maybe there's corrupted files, corrupt savegame or whatever..but then I cleared the "cache" folder the "logs" folder and "moduserdata" folder , booted up civ 5 and from the mod menus loaded all the mods again then loaded the savegame and it works , apparently there was no corrupt file/save or anything just that sometimes the game crashes when It tries to load too much stuff all at once specially if u have an old hardrive like me and not a SSD or those new hybrid things.

So I do this everytime I load my savegame. I first go to the mods menu load all the mods wait for configuration to finish then load the savegame. I f I load any savegame straight from the main menu, it crashes.

I always did that yet still had problems, and I don't run many mods.

You can't load a savegame straight from the menu anyways – you always have to go through the mods panel -> load to load a modded save. Otherwise it will try to load a modded save in vanilla civ.

I am having the same error with Dx11 and the Win8 Touch Version of the game. The texture for the Terrace Farm seems to be missing. That leads to the error popup everytime I move to a tile were such a terrace could be build or opening the tech tree.

Do you have the Spain + Inca DLC?

You can build water mines in your city even if you don't have any more iron.

Same as hydro plants and wind farm for aluminium. I can build them in all my cities even if I only have 4 aluminium.

Water mine? These sound like mod conflicts. The latter was fixed recently, so you may be on an older version of the mod.

I started some test games in atomic era with all map revealed on a large map with abundant resources and there's like 2-3 stone or iron on the whole map, same with every other type of things.

Sounds like a mod conflict or your civ is not up to date.

You can't load a savegame straight from the menu anyways – you always have to go through the mods panel -> load to load a modded save. Otherwise it will try to load a modded save in vanilla civ.

uhm but it's actually what I did most of the time back when playing civ 5..I'd just load the savegame and then I got that window "configuring mod" something and it would load the game afterwards. Only recently when I had frequent crashes I did the other thing.

Maybe a mod conflict but I'm using the same mods as before when I got to almost turn 500 with the previous beta 0.76 I believe.

uhm but it's actually what I did most of the time back when playing civ 5..I'd just load the savegame and then I got that window "configuring mod" something and it would load the game afterwards. Only recently when I had frequent crashes I did the other thing.

Maybe a mod conflict but I'm using the same mods as before when I got to almost turn 500 with the previous beta 0.76 I believe.

It is not always safe to do so. Better to load the mods first, then load the savegame, especially if your machine is sitting right at the spec recommendations for Civ.

G

It is not always safe to do so. Better to load the mods first, then load the savegame, especially if your machine is sitting right at the spec recommendations for Civ.

G

This is the mod list I'm using
On the spec side only the hardrive is somewhat lower quality, else is a quadcore at 3ghz 6gb ram and a gtx 560, kind of old config but way above min specs .
I have the steam version of Civ 5 and I also tried today a non conventional civ 5 install to see if it's because of the "corrupted file integrity" steam gives almost everytime I mod the game ,when I do "verify integrity" and I make some small changes in the globaldefines.xml that do not conflict with CPP's modifications ,about food per citizen and something about spy rate percent and steam gives me file corrupted everytime I do that for some reason and redownloads the game which I thought at first it's because of that but the other civ 5 install works just fine .
Spoiler :

This is the mod list I'm using
On the spec side only the hardrive is somewhat lower quality, else is a quadcore at 3ghz 6gb ram and a gtx 560, kind of old config but way above min specs .
I have the steam version of Civ 5 and I also tried today a non conventional civ 5 install to see if it's because of the "corrupted file integrity" steam gives almost everytime I mod the game ,when I do "verify integrity" and I make some small changes in the globaldefines.xml that do not conflict with CPP's modifications ,about food per citizen and something about spy rate percent and steam gives me file corrupted everytime I do that for some reason and redownloads the game which I thought at first it's because of that but the other civ 5 install works just fine .
Spoiler :

If you're getting corrupted file installations on steam, I would recommend a backup and format of your HDD and/or a new HDD. That sounds like civ is being planted on a bad sector.

G

Does it walk on the ocean as well?
Yes.

Water mine? These sound like mod conflicts. The latter was fixed recently, so you may be on an older version of the mod.
The water mine is from this mod. I only have perfect world, EUI and this mod installed, from a fresh up to date Vanilla Civ 5.

How do I find out the version of this mod?

I don't want to update because I really want to finish this game (atomic era 400turns).

But I'm pretty sure it was one of the march versions as I only reinstalled this mod with a clear cache last month.

Hello, my game just crashed and kicked me back on to Windows. No error message or anything. As if it never even was in game.

I am extremely late game and in a really tough and fun part of the game so I'm super eager to play the next turn :(

How can I give information to help you help me fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Repost because it was ignored at the bottom of the page.

Please tell me what to upload and where I can find it.

Thanks in advance.

I'm like a crack addict looking for a fix right now :(

On the latest version, I am currently using "Sphere of Influence" on several City States.

The Sphere seems to be working correctly however I am getting notifications that the City is no longer my Ally. I am guessing that if there wasn't a Sphere resolution it would be running out by now.

Question: Is this simply a notification, or does it really run out? Perhaps a different notification or turning them off?
Do regular quests still add influence even though there is a sphere? Could someone else get more influence than me and then "Repeal" the Sphere and take over?

Just wondering?

Yes.

The water mine is from this mod. I only have perfect world, EUI and this mod installed, from a fresh up to date Vanilla Civ 5.

How do I find out the version of this mod?

I don't want to update because I really want to finish this game (atomic era 400turns).

But I'm pretty sure it was one of the march versions as I only reinstalled this mod with a clear cache last month.

By water mine do you mean the minefield building? Mod version is listed in the text beneath the mod's name in your MODS menu.

Repost because it was ignored at the bottom of the page.

Please tell me what to upload and where I can find it.

Thanks in advance.

I'm like a crack addict looking for a fix right now :(

Your minidump file is located in your civ install (where your civ exe is located). If there is one, upload it.

A possible solution is to step back to an autosave 10, 20 turns before the crash. If the bug was a pathfinding crash, it may resolve itself.

On the latest version, I am currently using "Sphere of Influence" on several City States.

The Sphere seems to be working correctly however I am getting notifications that the City is no longer my Ally. I am guessing that if there wasn't a Sphere resolution it would be running out by now.

Question: Is this simply a notification, or does it really run out? Perhaps a different notification or turning them off?
Do regular quests still add influence even though there is a sphere? Could someone else get more influence than me and then "Repeal" the Sphere and take over?

Just wondering?

Spheres are permanent, and cannot be taken away (and you can't lose them until it is repealed by the WC). If the sphere is repealed, the highest influence will become the ally. Are you still allied with the CS in spite of the notifications? There was an issue with that in a much, much earlier build of the mod – what build are you on?

G

I'm on the version just before events.

Yes I am still allied. So it appears to be working. Just a notification thing I guess.

Looking forward to the newest version!

By water mine do you mean the minefield building? Mod version is listed in the text beneath the mod's name in your MODS menu.

Your minidump file is located in your civ install (where your civ exe is located). If there is one, upload it.

A possible solution is to step back to an autosave 10, 20 turns before the crash. If the bug was a pathfinding crash, it may resolve itself.
Yea that one. There's only one water mine building and it wasn't in the vanilla version so must be that one that's in this mod (I don't have other mods installed except perfect world and EUI).

Can you tell me the folder and the file name I can find it in? Because I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I searched for "minidump" but had no hits in my folder.

Or do I need to do something to activate or create one?

The versions are:

Community Patch v.72
Community Balance Patch v.13
City-state Diplomacy Mod for CBP v.27
Civ IV Diplomacy Features - CBP edition v.10
More Luxuries - CBP Edition v.155
Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI) v.1

It also says 3-9 and 3-8 for some of their dates.

I installed it through the link on the first page of the installation thread. I downloaded and launched the auto-installer, nothing more than from that.

I really want to avoid going back 10 turns because at this stage of the game (atomic, huge map), 10 turns is maybe 1-2 hours of real time :(

Thanks for your reply. I will upload you the minidump as soon as you tell me where I can find it lol

Yea that one. There's only one water mine building and it wasn't in the vanilla version so must be that one that's in this mod (I don't have other mods installed except perfect world and EUI).

Can you tell me the folder and the file name I can find it in? Because I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I searched for "minidump" but had no hits in my folder.

Or do I need to do something to activate or create one?

I really want to avoid going back 10 turns because at this stage of the game (atomic, huge map), 10 turns is maybe 1-2 hours of real time :(

Thanks for your reply. I will upload you the minidump as soon as you tell me where I can find it lol

If you are encountering a CTD, there' no magic cure to get around it other than stepping back a few turns and hoping for the best. Sorry. That's the nature of modding.

Also, 2 hours for 10 turns!? :)

G

If you are encountering a CTD, there' no magic cure to get around it other than stepping back a few turns and hoping for the best. Sorry. That's the nature of modding.

Also, 2 hours for 10 turns!? :)

G
Yea, half of it is the 10+ AIs making their turn and because I can see a lot of the map, I see all the units animations etc. (I like to have it on so I can see exactly who or what is doing what).

The other half is me deciding very carefully the best commands for the 100+ units (currently engaged in an epic world war atm) and cities I have. 1 turn could easily take me 20 minutes to complete at this stage of the game lol

Dam one of the reasons why I put off playing this mod for so long is because Civ is one of those games that you invest a lot into and it's devestating to get an unfixable crash on :<

But I also can't deny this mod is one of the most fun things ever and I wish the Vanilla game was as great as this.

But it's a double-edge sword cos the better the game, the harder the withdrawl symptoms are like right now >_<

I'm really torn. I might just play Vanilla because at least I'm guaranteed to finish a game.

Something strange going on in my game. Hovering over a CS that the Aztecs just allied, and thus was just discovered on my end (we just went to war a turn or so ago), causes the game to crash. What should I be uploading to find the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom