• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The founding of new Citys from AI is a little strange...
(Base AI or extended AI from CP?)

Citys with much Ice/Desert around without (much) production and Gold or Resources
Much better Spots with Grass and Hills and Resources left free
(see attachment)

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 63
I installed the CP, CBP, Civ4 Diplo and City-state diplo mods. Those are the only mods I activated through Steam, and I have the EUI compatibility mods activated as well, however when I found my city I am not able to exit the city screen. This is what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/CUG6QTg.jpg

I am not able to proceed with my game unless I remove this mod, but I really want to use it. What should I do?

I installed the CP, CBP, Civ4 Diplo and City-state diplo mods. Those are the only mods I activated through Steam, and I have the EUI compatibility mods activated as well, however when I found my city I am not able to exit the city screen. This is what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/CUG6QTg.jpg

I am not able to proceed with my game unless I remove this mod, but I really want to use it. What should I do?

Did you put the base EUI install in your DLC folder?
G

Not sure if this is a bug: Indonisia's UA does not trigger on city capture while Carthage's identically worded UA does. It is, at the very least, an inconsistency in wording that should probably be addressed.

Well, that was rather unfortunate timing. I imagine you were typing up that post at the same time I was typing mine, and since yours finished second it would make my post quite easy for you to miss. Not that it matters much. It's a fairly minor issue anyway. Regardless, there was one other thing I just remembered to ask about.

I've been trying out this mod with the CBP: http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/3d3437b1-1df5-4e7e-b4c0-ca6e7607db00/mod.html

It was simple enough to go into the mod's files and change it so it adds swordsmen and lancers as secondary upgrade options to be compatible with the CBP's change to spearmen and musketmen as the primary option...but I've found that actually attempting the upgrade sometimes causes a CTD. Not consistently, but frequently enough to be noticeable.

Obviously this is a very low priority issue. I imagine you have enough to worry about without wasting time on interactions with other random mods. Still, just thought I'd mention it.

Feb 27 build:

BUG:

AI keeps initiating trade deals with nothing listed on either side and rejecting their proposal of nothing. They keep proposing this every turn or so (my suspicion is trading embassies, which I have researched and they haven't yet).

Fix 1: Have the AI actually trade request something instead of nothing
Fix 2: If a proposition is rejected have the AI not be able to propose the same one for at least 10 turns.

** UPDATE: It seems the AI can not exchange embassies, since many of them that are doing this have 17-19 technologies. They should have this ability by then, yet do not have the ability to trade embassies. Furthermore, I offered a trade request (Iron for Gold) and the Civ came back with their counter trade offer, but the wording was "you must be joking." So I accepted it, since it was their counter offer and they accepted it. It seems the trading system is buggy in the newest build.

Have the same problem with the new build.

Feb 27 build:

BUG:

AI keeps initiating trade deals with nothing listed on either side and rejecting their proposal of nothing. They keep proposing this every turn or so (my suspicion is trading embassies, which I have researched and they haven't yet).

Fix 1: Have the AI actually trade request something instead of nothing
Fix 2: If a proposition is rejected have the AI not be able to propose the same one for at least 10 turns.

** UPDATE: It seems the AI can not exchange embassies, since many of them that are doing this have 17-19 technologies. They should have this ability by then, yet do not have the ability to trade embassies. Furthermore, I offered a trade request (Iron for Gold) and the Civ came back with their counter trade offer, but the wording was "you must be joking." So I accepted it, since it was their counter offer and they accepted it. It seems the trading system is buggy in the newest build.

Having this same issue with the 2/27 build. Usually happens when a Civ is first met, until embassies are exchanged to break the loop. However, after a game goes long enough, it happens with most Civs met even if embassy is traded. I think if they have anything at all available to them in trade window, they try to trade for it but fail. Usually accompanied by the "I will not be labeled a thief" or "This will not result in a fair deal for you" dialogue, which is a bit ironic!

Also, and this is minor: if you allow the AI to suggest terms of a deal and they propose your votes for a World Congress measure, you can not right-click the World Congress item's name to remove it from the deal.

Playing with the most recent patch, I did not receive any influence with the city-state after conducting a trade mission with a Great Merchant.

Maybe I'm overlooking it somehow, but the Piety bonus to Shrines does not seem to work correctly. I don't get all the yields that the tooltip of the social policy promises.

(Playing with all the highly recommended mods, except the Health one. No others.)

Playing with the most recent patch, I did not receive any influence with the city-state after conducting a trade mission with a Great Merchant.

Maybe I'm overlooking it somehow, but the Piety bonus to Shrines does not seem to work correctly. I don't get all the yields that the tooltip of the social policy promises.

(Playing with all the highly recommended mods, except the Health one. No others.)

If using a Great Merchant with CSD, you won't get influence, just Gold (see the promotion tooltips on the unit for details). The Great Diplomat gives you influence.

The Piety bonuses for shrines should work, though the tooltips may not refresh to show it correctly.

G

I'm encoutering a few bugs in my current game.

The mods I use are :
- CP and CPB (2-27)
- UI - Small Resource Icons (from WHoward's Pick'N'Mix Mods)
- Quick Turns (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220250184)

Monopoly bonus on trade routes is calculated correctly but not displayed (screenshot : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=401504320)

I have a monopoly on Truffles, so the amount of gold is correct (0.56+0.48+0.5+1)*1.5 but the game only displays 0.5 gold from Truffles (should be 1).

The amount of pop required to get more happiness from luxury resources is not the same as displayed
(screenshots : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=401621936 and http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=401621978)

On the first screenshot I am at 126 pop. and the game tells me that the next pop. treshold is 201, but in the next turn (second screenshot) I get +2 happiness from each luxury with only 128 pop (and the treshold has been raised to 402).

Villages near the capital don't give the right amount of gold ?

It appears that the villages on the roads emanating from my capital don't give the amount of gold they should give. The other villages seem to work properly.

On the first screenshot (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68988878/8930_2015-03-02_00022.png) you can see villages working the way I guess they should.

On the roads next to my capital (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68988878/8930_2015-03-02_00020.png), however, it seems that Villages only get the bonus from the trade route and not from the city connection. Also, the tile of the village on the railroad (3rd from the left) only displays 3 gold but the tooltip shows 5 gold (But I sent the trade route the turn before, I don't know when it's supposed to refresh).

Please let me now if you need any additional info !

The first two are Lua issues, but, as you noted, the actual numbers are working. I'll fix those in the next version.

Do you have a harbor in your capital and another city? The code for harbors supersedes cities, annoyingly, so if you have a city connected to your capital via a harbor, the roads from your capital stop counting as 'trade routes!' I'll see if I can circumvent this.
G

Very good ! I haven't encountered any other bug so far. I starting playing civ again recently and I'm on my second game with this mod since the recent changes (my last game was before the tech tree overhaul). I'm still trying to get used to the changes but I'm enjoying it a lot.

I've been taking screenshots regularly and I plan on posting a summary on the forum once the game is over.

Very good ! I haven't encountered any other bug so far. I starting playing civ again recently and I'm on my second game with this mod since the recent changes (my last game was before the tech tree overhaul). I'm still trying to get used to the changes but I'm enjoying it a lot.

I've been taking screenshots regularly and I plan on posting a summary on the forum once the game is over.

Sounds great!
G

When negotiating peace terms, I've noticed a bug in which I demand a set amount of Gold as well as Gold per turn. After I accept the negotiation terms, the large sum of gold I demanded doesn't appear in my funds. When I go to deal history it only shows the gold per turn.

Also unhappiness is extremely difficult for me to remedy. Whatever I do there is always poverty,city unsafe (with full upgrades defensively), and "we are illiterate". Just seems a little extreme.

Only using mods that were mentioned to be compatible.

EDIT: Attempted another peace treaty about 50 turns later and I got the full amount I demanded. Only problem (in my opinion) is the AI gave me a ton of gold (6000) and not once did we see each other in war. Hope this helps.

Regards

Any idea how I can fix the peace treaty bug? It happens randomly and sometimes works when I initiate the treaty (sometimes it doesnt work).

Again, thanks for this mod. It makes the game so much more challenging/fun.

Regards

Any idea how I can fix the peace treaty bug? It happens randomly and sometimes works when I initiate the treaty (sometimes it doesnt work).

Again, thanks for this mod. It makes the game so much more challenging/fun.

Regards

Should be fixed in latest version.
G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom