1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Gunner, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Barak

Barak Emperor

That could be, was just surprised to see the strain to be engineered to only strike people carrying pointy sticks.

2. juni_be_good

juni_be_good Black mage

I don't know if the bug has already been submitted (no time for reading 30 pages to check it :nope:) but I have a problem while switching from the game to windows. When I get back to the game, the screen is full black and I can't do anything except Ctrl+Alt+Del and kill process.

My PC has :
    Athlon XP 2500+
    1GB DDRAM
    ATI Radeon 9600 Series 256MB with driver up to date
    Windows XP Pro
    the latest version of DirectX
    Warlords 2.08

I have never had this problem before, neither with regular game nor with any mod. Huge maps usually work, even if last turns are loooong :). I tried to change in-game screen resolution to put the one I use in Windows, but I still get the same problem.

It is not a very big deal since I can play despite it, just a bit annoying, but it might be useful for you ton know. ;)

Anyway, except this little issue I love this mod. I don't think I will be able to play regular Warlords anymore, at least before I achieved all Historical aims in Emperor :lol:

3. Rod

Rod King

4. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

it isn't related to the mod, as far as I know. You can prevent it if you open WB and raze Kandahar (Persian) which is causing problems

5. Barak

Barak Emperor

Question regarding the plague and medicine. I find that at a certain point in all my games I now beeline for medicine to stop the spread of plague. In my last gmae I noticed that I got the plague 2 turns before researching medicine. Once researched it did not end or lessen the effects of the plague at all. Was I just too little too late?

6. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

when you've got medicine, you're immune next time

7. Barak

Barak Emperor

Ah, gotcha...

In 136, i just got the "Hi, we're your new neighbors declare for war" message. Didn't think the AI really did that anymore.

8. Rod

Rod King

Thank you a lot for the solution. You said the mod is not causing the crash, so what could I change in my system to prevent this crash ?

9. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

there's nothing wrong in your system. It must be related to something in the DLL, but I can't see what it is, because it has apparently no connection with the mod. But there must be something.

10. waylander

waylander Chieftain

I was playing Rome last night. I was at war with England and their vassal Carthage. During the congress I asked for the current capital of Carthage (not their orginal but that shouldn't make a difference). I was actually given their current capital but only because England (their master's and my enemy) voted for me against their own vassal.

Seems pretty weird.

This is in version 1.32

11. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

fixed, thanks

12. Edungeon

Edungeon Flying~

13. fearuin

fearuin Born to be Warlord

It happened to me, apparently at random times, and not in every game, that I cannot offer money. However, it didn't happened with all civs, not even it persisted along the game (if reloaded, often everything work OK). Probably something's buggy, but maybe it's not related to RFC.

EDIT: I see you offer a Warlords save... I play in Vanilla, BTW. So if these two things are connected, it has to be a) not related to the mod or b)related to a core part of it -common to RFC and to RFCW-.

14. juni_be_good

juni_be_good Black mage

You seem to have missed my post up in this page. I have a strange graphical bug that is a bit annoying. I would be grateful if you could take a look at it :)

15. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

you get that problem when you quit from the game, or when you do alt+tab?

16. juni_be_good

juni_be_good Black mage

When I do Alt-tab. I also noticed recently that the game freezes when I reload an old save. Both are graphical bugs, it might be the same problem.

EDIT : I realize that my explanations are not clear at all. I get the bug I justy mentionned only if I reload a save from the game. If I leave the game or go to main menu, and then reload, I have no problem.

17. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Maybe your graphics card isn't enough to handle the mod's map, which is quite big...
    The problem of freezing during reloading has happened to me too. I guess that's because our computers suck.

18. Lord Apolon

Lord Apolon Warlord

I'm afraid I don't have a save at the moment to prove this but I'll do my best to make one soon. However this has happened more than once so I'm sure it's reproducible.

Twice I have played as the Greeks and then switched to the Turks (not to get an unfair advantage, but to make more of a challenge). Both times I refused to allow my cities to flip to Turkey and they declared war. Then the next turn I became Turkey. The bug is this: my Turkish units start "joining the independence effort" and revolting away from me, to me!

That is to say: my units revolt away and appear elsewhere in the Turkish spawn area--way up by the Caspian and Aral deserts. My own units just jump a great distance out to the hinterland. I assume this is because in some sense the system still registers me as Greece--where I would expect my units to revolt to the Turks. None of the units die, but they teleport so far from the front to become useless.

I do not know if this would happen, e.g. if I switched from Rome to France, or Babylon to Arabia, but if you'd like I can check.

Any ideas?

19. Edungeon

Edungeon Flying~

Yup, the second time a loaded the game, the bug disappared :crazyeye: ... well, what can i do? better for me :goodjob:

20. NitroJay

NitroJay Warlord

I have a similar issue to Lord Apolon's... In a couple games of playing persia, in the newest version, capturing babylon, I get the message that "a persian revolt is taking place in babil" even though I am persia... It happened repeatedly for a few turns... once the unrest had run it's course, it started over...! The only way I could get it to stop was to leave the city defenseless and let it "flip" to me... I'm sorry I don't have a save, but if it happens again, I'll keep one...