Bug reports

The marauder promotion is broken.

I've fixed this one. The improvement removal was outside of the War check for some reason - TheLadiesOgre seems to have copied the original FallFurther code incorrectly. Now, your own improvements and those of civs you have open borders with will no longer be destroyed by Marauder units.

2010_04_25_dune-wars-1-8-final.exe

DuneWars.py
line342-349
Code:
		# Remove several terrains which may be added by mapscripts
		for iPlotLoop in range(CyMap().numPlots()):
			pPlot = CyMap().plotByIndex(iPlotLoop)
			iType = pPlot.getTerrainType()
			if iType == self.iTTGrass:
				[COLOR="Red"]pPlot.setTerrainType(self.iTArid, true, true)[/COLOR]
			elif iType == self.iTTPlain:
				[COLOR="Red"]pPlot.setTerrainType(self.iTPlains, true, true)[/COLOR]

it seems that self.iTArid and self.iTPlains are not defined.

it seems that self.iTArid and self.iTPlains are not defined.

Thanks for pointing this out dilandau. I have fixed this in the 1.8.0.1 patch available here.

1. The Temple of Madi gives a 5% bonus to military production (rounded down). It should be +15% (unless this has been changed, in which case the text description is wrong). E.g. city with 22 base production (with Temple of Madi built) has 23 actual production when building military units (should be 25).

2. The Military Headquaters national wonder gives a 90% bonus to military production (rounded down). It should be +100% (unless this has been changed, in which case the text description is wrong). E.g. city with 30 base production and 11 overflow production (with Military Headquaters built) has 77 actual production when building military units (should be 82).

3. Dune Messiah does not calculate production bonus correctly. I opened up the world builder to count the number of cities globally that have Madi and there are 15. The city with Dune Messiah also has a Temple of the Madi. The base production is 27. The actual production is 173 (not building Madi Zealot). The hover text says +544% for military units. Shouldn't the actual production be 151 [(7*15+27)*.15+132]? For the Madi Zealot unit, the production is 40 (+50% for spiritual leader (Paul)). Does the +50% bonus replace the bonuses from Dune Messiah and Temple of Madi? If not, the actual production should be 217 for the Madi Zealot.

4. ** previous bug - too lazy to report ** The promotion "never reveals nationality" for the infiltrator unit doesn't work properly. I performed a mission on Ordos and the infiltrator had this promotion. I got caught and the message was that a Fremen infiltrator was caught. It could be possible Ordos has a special ability to always uncover nationality?

5. ** previous bug - too lazy to report ** The promotion "+20% free preparation bonus" for the infiltrator unit doesn't seem to do anything. You have to stay stationary for 5 turns to get +50% bonus for stationary infiltrator. After one turn, shoundn't the bonus(es) be added? E.g. after 1 turn stationary, you have a 30% bonus (assuming Improvise I).

6. ** cosmetic only ** The sandrider promotion works correctly but the text description doesn't state that you get double movement points in desert. This could cause confusion with stillsuits promotion (for new players that is;)).

1. The Temple of Madi gives a 5% bonus to military production (rounded down). It should be +15% (unless this has been changed, in which case the text description is wrong). E.g. city with 22 base production (with Temple of Madi built) has 23 actual production when building military units (should be 25).

2. The Military Headquaters national wonder gives a 90% bonus to military production (rounded down). It should be +100% (unless this has been changed, in which case the text description is wrong). E.g. city with 30 base production and 11 overflow production (with Military Headquaters built) has 77 actual production when building military units (should be 82).

3. Dune Messiah does not calculate production bonus correctly. I opened up the world builder to count the number of cities globally that have Madi and there are 15. The city with Dune Messiah also has a Temple of the Madi. The base production is 27. The actual production is 173 (not building Madi Zealot). The hover text says +544% for military units. Shouldn't the actual production be 151 [(7*15+27)*.15+132]? For the Madi Zealot unit, the production is 40 (+50% for spiritual leader (Paul)). Does the +50% bonus replace the bonuses from Dune Messiah and Temple of Madi? If not, the actual production should be 217 for the Madi Zealot.

4. ** previous bug - too lazy to report ** The promotion "never reveals nationality" for the infiltrator unit doesn't work properly. I performed a mission on Ordos and the infiltrator had this promotion. I got caught and the message was that a Fremen infiltrator was caught. It could be possible Ordos has a special ability to always uncover nationality?

5. ** previous bug - too lazy to report ** The promotion "+20% free preparation bonus" for the infiltrator unit doesn't seem to do anything. You have to stay stationary for 5 turns to get +50% bonus for stationary infiltrator. After one turn, shoundn't the bonus(es) be added? E.g. after 1 turn stationary, you have a 30% bonus (assuming Improvise I).

6. ** cosmetic only ** The sandrider promotion works correctly but the text description doesn't state that you get double movement points in desert. This could cause confusion with stillsuits promotion (for new players that is;)).

I noticed this as well although I was playing as the Harkonnen and this happened while I was sending an infiltrator into Tleilaxu lands... Although I was already at war with them so I'm not sure if I accrued the negative penalty of a failed spy mission...

When using VS 2008 to open an XML file, apparently the schema is checked. I actually get syntax error messages in a few spots...
Code:
...has invalid child element...List of possible elements expected:...
I manually checked the schema and sure enough, a few of the elements are in the wrong order. Comparing elements that are not flagged, it seems that it is okay to not include an element, but the order needs to follow the schema (which makes sense to me). I don't know if this would impact the SDK code, but I think I'll go ahead and fix the XML so no syntax errors are thrown. This could be related to the XML errors occuring in Better Dune Bug AI.

Added: VS definitely checks the schema. My results matched the online XML Schema Validator exactly. My copy of Civ4BuildingsInfo was invalid, but I was able to fix the syntax errors, and now it validates. Using the new copy didn't seem to change anything though.

When using VS 2008 to open an XML file, apparently the schema is checked. I actually get syntax error messages in a few spots...
Code:
...has invalid child element...List of possible elements expected:...
I manually checked the schema and sure enough, a few of the elements are in the wrong order. Comparing elements that are not flagged, it seems that it is okay to not include an element, but the order needs to follow the schema (which makes sense to me). I don't know if this would impact the SDK code, but I think I'll go ahead and fix the XML so no syntax errors are thrown. This could be related to the XML errors occuring in Better Dune Bug AI.

Added: VS definitely checks the schema. My results matched the online XML Schema Validator exactly. My copy of Civ4BuildingsInfo was invalid, but I was able to fix the syntax errors, and now it validates. Using the new copy didn't seem to change anything though.

For Better DuneBUG AI / DW 1.8X we did clean up a few XML files (including BuildingInfos) so that they were valid according to the schema. It seems like the modular loading stuff in the DW 1.8/RevDCM base is much more forgiving and can cope with tags being in the incorrect order even. That said, it is definitely tidier and less confusing to keep stuff in the order specified in the schema. If you do clean up some of the files then post them up and I will include in the next patch.

I tested further (to make sure that there are no unintended consequences to changing the XML). Look at the hover text above the infantry in the bottom left corner. Original 1.8.0.1 XML : originalXML.JPG originalXML2.JPG 'valid' XML : validXML.JPG validXML2.JPG
The only changed file is Civ4BuildingInfos. As you can see, neither screen is what you would expect. Since changing Civ4BuildingInfos shouldn't have any effect (?) on the hover text for promotions or units, it would seem data from the XML is not loading where expected (probably from an accumulation of small errors). I will need to start at the first XML file loaded and work, in order, to the last XML file loaded. That may take a while so don't wait if you are ready to post another patch.

Suspensor units aren't getting double moves in polar desert waste.

Buzzard thopters can't pillage.

The Great Keep is supposed to require Imperial religion (its the tier3 Imperial religion benefit). And thus it should also maybe be a National Wonder instead of World Wonder.

Observed several bugs with saboteurs and facedancers in V1.8 like preparation promo not working, messages "saboteur/facedancer" captured" (which kinda reveals which civ send them) or messages like "an Infiltrator ... capture near the Ordos city of Ordos" (instead of actual city names).

Btw, is there already a fix for the NoShip bug, which displaces all defending units from their city ? That one is kinda a game/fun breaker.

I am not sure this is a bug so I apologize if not.

Fremen workers have sandrider promotion but I cannot enter deep desert and access the spice that is there (in my cultural borders). The rest of the units with sandrider work just fine , it's just the workers.

sorry for my english

Units cannot enter deep desert until you get a particular tech; I think it is Stillsuits, or possibly Desert Topography.

Researching those techs and you should be fine; I've never observed a problem with Fremen workers.

Please let us know if you still have a problem even after researching these techs.

Welcome to the CFC forums and the Dunewars mod - and your English is excellent.

IT WORKED :thanx:

Congratulations on the MOD it is certainly the best mod for CIV4 i have played so far, but then again I love DUNE and all related things since I first read the series when I was 14 :)

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.
Early in the game, when ever I met a new AI I immediately ordered them to: "Cease bothering us."

Some 100 turns into the game I notice that it works, well actually NOT.
Yes they don't call me any more with their idiotic demands but the negative -1 You refused to help/tribute/join war/other stupid demand still appears.

Instead of making the AI not call me all the button does is just automatically refuse them still giving me a diplomatic penalty.

Is this what was intended (because if it is, its rather pointless) or is it a bug?

PS. The mod is just uber. Especially the nice touch with using the images from the original movies for leaders and techs.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.
Early in the game, when ever I met a new AI I immediately ordered them to: "Cease bothering us."

This is a modcomp included here, not really part of Dunewars code.
I think the design was to cut down on the UI popups.

There should really be a warning with it in the pedia or something.
It just really, really messed me up. Now the whole world hates my guts...

The BUG custom domestic advisor wasn't saving my changes, and I researched that it was missing a directory\file:

x:\Documents and Settings\-username-\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Dune Wars\UserSettings\CustomDomAdv\CustomDomAdv.txt

I created the directory and chased down the zip file for BUG 4.4 to get the formatted .txt file.

Just wanted to check if this was left out purposely for some compatibility problem, gameplay issue, etc?

I've discovered a weird set of problems regarding the Ix. First off, if I try to start a game as Marlky (sic) the game doesn't load. When I try with Rhomber, I get every other player's units all stacked together about 3 squares from my initial city!

I've never had this problem playing the Bene Gessirit, Atredies or Fremen!

Very strange. Which version of Dune Wars are you playing with? You might want to try a clean install first.

Top Bottom